The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What type of website/software/provider ?

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
Hello all!

I have an idea for a website, but I am unsure of the tools needed for the job.
Upon arrival on the site people should choose between two types of accounts.
One type may create threads so to speak, the others can somewhat interact to a certain extent - claim and/or reply.
They should be able to correspond privately.
The website should also have the possibility of adding a webstore, a news module, some sort of rating system, advertisement options etc
How would I go about this? What kind of services or products should i need?
I must mention btw that i'd like the system to be easily manageable.

Thank you for any ideas and or feedback!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
Sort of like a q&a site/marketplace sort of thing?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
You should probably look at some forum software, wordpress plugins, and other discussion-enabling software and see if there's anything similar to what you want to do. From your description, you might be able to work with forum software.

Dominik_M

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jan 29, 2018
Hello all!

I have an idea for a website, but I am unsure of the tools needed for the job.
Upon arrival on the site people should choose between two types of accounts.
One type may create threads so to speak, the others can somewhat interact to a certain extent - claim and/or reply.
They should be able to correspond privately.
The website should also have the possibility of adding a webstore, a news module, some sort of rating system, advertisement options etc
How would I go about this? What kind of services or products should i need?
I must mention btw that i'd like the system to be easily manageable.

Thank you for any ideas and or feedback!
I suggest you start learning the basic fundamentals of web development and server management. (How does a webserver work, what are virtual hosts, what is a dns, what is PHP used for, basics of PHP, HTML and CSS etc.)
There are many useful tools around but you will sure as hell find yourself coding additions yourself as there is nothing that always fits your needs 100%. That's at least my experience but I'm also kind of picky sometimes.
For the sake of simplicity take a look at Wordpress. There certainly are loads of Plugins that will help you do what you want to do.
You might also have a look at PHPBB,MyBB, Joomla to find out what fits your needs best.

In all cases, you need to learn the basics.
You got some work to do, wish you success.

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
I suggest you start learning the basic fundamentals of web development and server management.

This.

If for no reason at all, so you'd know the right questions to ask to help you move forward.

Even if you're going to hire a developer to do your bidding, and I'll argue especially if you're going to hire a developer, you need to understand industry fundamentals so can clearly articulate your needs to your developer and understand what choices may be put in front of you... so can make the right calls and get your money's worth.

Good luck!

tbotnar

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 10, 2019
You could build this web app using no code tools as well (much faster than traditional coding, faster time to market, etc.) to validate your MVP.

Check out sites like Webflow.com and Bubble.io. They are the two leading no-code platforms.

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
I went for One.com , a host I have used before. They have changed a lot since and added a 1-click WP install now for instance. Done that, added 1 plugin so far but need a lot of work done now... Will take some time but I'll try to post an update now and then here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.