The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Trump's Victory Teaches Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
Hi guys,

so I've been watching all of the Donald Trump stuff over the last few days and something hit me.

NO ONE predicted this. Not one television channel said he a chance. Here in the UK, every analyst and newspaper column made out he was a sideshow and, essentially, dead in the water, compared to the more experienced Clinton.

In the beginning he even did his campaigning on the cheap, compared to his competitor.

Now, I've no idea what you think of him or his views. Doesn't really matter for his point.

What I'm saying is: until you got out and do something no one knows how people will react.

NO ONE.

It was the same here in the UK when we voted to leave the European Union. Most of my friends are white collar, skilled and affluent people and not one of them thought it was going to happen. Even my family, who are extremely 'working class' in their lifestyle and views, didn't really believe it would happen.

But it did.

My point? It doesn't matter if you are planning a business or to run naked down the street during rush hour. Apart from ideas of what you could possibly expect, you have no idea how people will react. Instead of being forcibly restrained by the police in the 'naked' scenario, you might find yourself landing a modelling job because of all the hours you've been putting in at the gym.

Weird example, but the point remains. You won't know until you do, whatever your idea.

The takeaway?

That idea you've been getting excited about? Do it. Run those FB ads or adwords ads on your landing page and see what happens. Worst case scenario nothing happens. In the very least, in my experience, you will have a grounding to iterate and try something else.

Just start. Whatever the idea. Whether you like him or not, Trump proved that putting yourself out there is sometimes enough.

Peace.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

minirich

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 4, 2016
Austria
Eighty percent of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

Scott Adams the autor and cartoonist (Dilbert) said from the time one Trump announced his run, that he as good chances of winning. see/read blog.dilbert.com

I'm not going with all his views but in general he was telling from the beginning that Trump will win, for one or the other reason.

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
Dont listen to the naysayers

As Kanye West said before he became fashionably abstract:

"If they hate then let them hate and watch the money pile up."

I actually have a friend with that as a tattoo. No joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Donald Trump is the only guy I have ever heard that turns his bullcrap into publicity material. Normally marketing relies on the positives. But his bankruptcies and divorces just made him all the more famous.
Despite his many busts, Trump is very experience contrary to popular belief. He's written books (with Kiyosaki even, rehash hahaha...), did big real estate deals, built gold apartments, put up golf courses, made a merchandise out of his name and all that within his one lifetime....
Talk about achievement overkill.
So I'm not surprised he won.
And he doesn't even worry whether he is in the Fastlane or not. In his book the Art of the Deal, he mentions that he makes deals every day even though he doesn't need the money.

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
Donald Trump is the only guy I have ever heard that turns his bullcrap into publicity material. Normally marketing relies on the positives. But his bankruptcies and divorces just made him all the more famous.
Despite his many busts, Trump is very experience contrary to popular belief. He's written books (with Kiyosaki even, rehash hahaha...), did big real estate deals, built gold apartments, put up golf courses, made a merchandise out of his name and all that within his one lifetime....
Talk about achievement overkill.
So I'm not surprised he won.
And he doesn't even worry whether he is in the Fastlane or not. In his book the Art of the Deal, he mentions that he makes deals every day even though he doesn't need the money.

“I play to people’s fantasies,” Trump wrote in his 1987 book “The Art of the Deal.” “I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.”

He's a great brand/lifestyle marketer, perhaps one of the first.

He also shaved Vince McMahon's hair in the WWE years ago, so there's that:

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
He didn't teach us anything. He only confirmed that there is no future

Personally, maybe not. But the story of his campaign teaches us everything.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
What about 'no politics' is so hard to understand???

View attachment 13522
I think we are in an enigma here....
Trump is now a political player YET he is an entrepreneur....How shall we discuss him properly in the proper context without invoking the forum restrictions? :0

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
I think we are in an enigma here....
Trump is now a political player YET he is an entrepreneur....How shall we discuss him properly in the proper context without invoking the forum restrictions? :0

We're not really talking politics here. It's more that trump is a metaphor of the 'move fast, break things' philosophy that so many successful entrepreneurs internalise.

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. - Proverbs 14:23

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Many people predicted it, including me. I also put my money where my mouth is and won a bunch of money in the process.

The main thing to learn from this election is don't believe what you're told. Nothing is what it seems. Seek to find the facts directly from the source. The main stream media has been telling people what to believe, instead of showing people the facts and letting them form their own beliefs. If you form your opinion based on what the main stream media tells you, you'll be wrong more often than not.

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
Many people predicted it, including me. I also put my money where my mouth is and won a bunch of money in the process.

The main thing to learn from this election is don't believe what you're told. Nothing is what it seems. Seek to find the facts directly from the source. The main stream media has been telling people what to believe, instead of showing people the facts and letting them form their own beliefs. If you form your opinion based on what the main stream media tells you, you'll be wrong more often than not.

100%. To be honest, most opinions are useless without real-world action. Even then, things change. What was true yesterday may not be true today, and probably won't be tomorrow.

Cast off from the shore, my friends.

Happy to hear you stuck to your own thought process and made it rain!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

It's a good thing we're in the Fastlane, aren't we? If we still supported Slowlane mentality, we might get suckered up by the mainstream media easier.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
NO ONE predicted this.
Of course they did, you just were not listening the right way.

He won the election the very moment the media started calling him an idiot. It was over right then and there.

But away from politics. Think Big and Kick a$$ is in my top 10 books of all time. Read it, the value is immense.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
11 messages and you start a Trump thread?

Shut it down.

As entrepreneurs we can learn the lessons from this ourselves. All these threads do is split the community here and divide us on things that we will never all agree on anyway. You control your own life and where it will end up, not your parents, boss, president or anyone else.

Do your own study on this and reach your own conclusions.

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
NO ONE predicted this. Not one television channel said he a chance.
Strong propaganda. Stop reading and watching bullshit.

A lot of people knew he will be president, which was more and more obvious as Clinton's campaign progressed with its propaganda. With all mass media power in the world, with half of the US hating Trump, with the most controversial opponent's policies for today's realms, it was easy to create an illusion of supremacy.
But as we say in Russia: "cur barks, the caravan moves on". Winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.

You have no idea how people will react...
Oh, you have.
No offense, it's actually funny to read "insights" coming from someone who has zero comprehension of situation, both political and in business.
As I said to MJ earlier, some people think that tomorrow's weather is assumptions, others know that weather forecasting is a scientific technology.

What you can really learn from Trump's victory? Watch his whole campaign with notepad in your hands and you'll learn a lot. Much more than from news you got ~yesterday.

The most valuable lesson from his victory to me personally was concerning with BIG. It doesn't matter how many small wins you will have, minor victories don't create success. Big victories do. The job is to understand what will lead to what.
Too many entrepreneurs win small battles, but lose war.

11 messages and you start a Trump thread?
Shut it down.
[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]
The fact that this forum doesn't tolerate politics partially displays how immature its community majorly is. If you can't handle political talks that actually have nothing to do with politics themself, what can you possibly handle?
There are dozens of areas for this forum to improve - look at majority of threads. Do you come to each of them to say [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]?
If I will post [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] tag in every thread that ruins this forum and destroys its chances for serious players to even consider joining, I'll [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] half of the forum.

Focus on big victories.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
NO ONE predicted this.

Lots of people called this, just not in the MSM. I made 5 figures off betting on the election. First bet in ten years.

Look into Mike Cernovich (friend), Paul Joseph Watson and many others.

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
Lots of people called this, just not in the MSM. I made 5 figures off betting on the election. First bet in ten years.

Look into Mike Cernovich (friend), Paul Joseph Watson and many others.

Yeah I know Mike, from Danger & Play? That guy has some real straight talk.

Thanks for the recommendations. Also thanks for the web company thread. I'm a copywriter by trade but you inspired me to put in some extra hours and do some long over due Education on HTML and CSS. I now know for a fact that the tech guys in my office made it sound much more obscure than it is!

Grateful man

Reactions: Fox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!