The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Essential supplements: Which ones do you take?

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
Multi vitamin
Fish oil
Green tea extract
Apple cider vinegar tablets

Also, I've heard that it's best to drink ACV with a straw if possible. It apparently breaks down the enamel on your teeth pretty gnarly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Zedd9165

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Dec 22, 2017
India
I have been consuming whey protein when I'm on cutting phases to supplement my self with an adequate amount of protein to retain the muscle but during maintenance phases, I don't consume any supplement.

Right now I'm on a strict cutting phase and considering the rise in fatigue levels and drop in the recovering I'm consuming the following stack for muscle retention, recovery, fatigue management, healthy oils and vitamins.

1. Whey Protein,
2. Glutamine for recovery purpose,
3. Multi-Vitamins,
4. Fish Oil,
5. Creatine.

Restless8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 7, 2018
Bangladesh
"Snake Oil" looks like this supplements new to me. I even didn't use this one before. But you might get some other supplements from the internet easily. Recently I got to know all about phentermine. I would like to give a try for this one. What's your opinion in this?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Chris25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 29, 2018
Europe
I've also noticed results from Omega 3 fish oil, and I am taking half the recommended dose.

I also felt much better when I was consuming vegetable based vegan protein powder instead of whey powder. It was peas, chia seeds and some other stuff I can't remember. I will get back to that soon.

Areding

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Oct 12, 2018
I never took any supplements as a normal phenomenon. If you quickly want to throw off weight before some kind of event, it may be worthwhile to sit on supplements and sachets, but I would not recommend taking something on a permanent basis.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
In the past I have been the guy that calls supplements “snake oil” a bunch of too good to be true BS... I couldn’t have been more wrong about fish oil...

Evidently I had a deficiency in omega 3s because I started taking fish oil a few months ago and it has, without a doubt in my mind, given me energy and mental clarity.

Speaking of mental clarity, I have only just realized how badly eating poorly effects me. As someone who used to get brain fog. Eating clean helped, fish oil blew my doors off and gave me an adderal like mental clarity.

What do you guys take? What have you noticed? My interest in general performance is piqued.

@GPM recommends Krill Oil over fish oil for several reasons so I’m trying that today.
Wow, how did I miss this thread? This is one of my favorite subjects, if not #1

I have a Facebook group dedicated to stuf like this:

Upgrade Your Brain - Practical Science To Get The Most Out of Life

Totally agree with @GPM about Krill Oil. It's much better due to the Mercury content.

Plus a lack of Omega-3s can be brutal. Your brain is literally made of fatty acids.

How Omega-3 Fish Oil Affects Your Brain and Mental Health

So Omega 3 and a good multivitamin are absolute essentials.

My suppliments? Right now I take a supplement called Qualia, which I find to be very helpful.

Headline_Bottles-7542e2fd-bb9b-47f2-bf9b-d96958b229be.png

In terms of which I take.. I posted this a while ago, which is a statistical analysis of the best supplements for different effects.

Absolute best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) for boosting Motivation, Memory, Focus and Mood

For my ADHD I take Modafinil and sometimes Phenylpiracetam. Modafinil is like Adderal (just as effective,) just way safer without the potential for addiction.

Evidently I had a deficiency in omega 3s because I started taking fish oil a few months ago and it has, without a doubt in my mind, given me energy and mental clarity.
Remember a while ago I made a post about my former Depression and how I had to use Science to overcome it? Well that was exactly what I had to do. Took 5-HTP (serotonin boosting) supplements, Omega 3 Fish Oil, and changed my diet. It literally knocked out a 10 year long depression in a week. Adn this was severe depression. It was the miracle cure that you never hear about.

My interest in general performance is piqued.

I know this isn't a supplement but one of the best things:

On top of it’s other benefits, exercise may make you a better worker.

Here’s a cheatsheet of the things that will have the most major impact:

Daily Habits.001.jpeg

Video games you might be like “WTF” But they improve Executive Function (higher order thinking.) Sports too.

Last edited:

Vanesco

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Oct 29, 2018
I do not use any additives, except nuts, dried apricots, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds. For me, these are the best supplements.

G

Guest12120

Everyday I take a min of 3g of Absorbic Acid powder.
What are the results that you see after taking that much vitamin c daily?
I only use mega-doses of vitamin c (5-10g) when I am fighting a cold. It usually helps to relieve some main symptoms fairly quickly but not all of them and not 100%. So it still takes few days to get fully well.

I decided to give some supplements a shot this month. I got Fish Oil, B12 and of course apple cider vinegar :)

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
Wow, how did I miss this thread? This is one of my favorite subjects, if not #1

I have a Facebook group dedicated to stuf like this:

Upgrade Your Brain - Practical Science To Get The Most Out of Life

Totally agree with @GPM about Krill Oil. It's much better due to the Mercury content.

Plus a lack of Omega-3s can be brutal. Your brain is literally made of fatty acids.

How Omega-3 Fish Oil Affects Your Brain and Mental Health

So Omega 3 and a good multivitamin are absolute essentials.

My suppliments? Right now I take a supplement called Qualia, which I find to be very helpful.

Headline_Bottles-7542e2fd-bb9b-47f2-bf9b-d96958b229be.png

In terms of which I take.. I posted this a while ago, which is a statistical analysis of the best supplements for different effects.

Absolute best Nootropics (Smart Drugs) for boosting Motivation, Memory, Focus and Mood

For my ADHD I take Modafinil and sometimes Phenylpiracetam. Modafinil is like Adderal (just as effective,) just way safer without the potential for addiction.

Remember a while ago I made a post about my former Depression and how I had to use Science to overcome it? Well that was exactly what I had to do. Took 5-HTP (serotonin boosting) supplements, Omega 3 Fish Oil, and changed my diet. It literally knocked out a 10 year long depression in a week. Adn this was severe depression. It was the miracle cure that you never hear about.

I know this isn't a supplement but one of the best things:

On top of it’s other benefits, exercise may make you a better worker.

Here’s a cheatsheet of the things that will have the most major impact:

View attachment 22330

Video games you might be like “WTF” But they improve Executive Function (higher order thinking.) Sports too.

Here's an interesting take about fish oil. I have taken it for a long time (still do). Recently though, I have found a lot of research talking about how it isn't all it is said to be. Here is a general overview from the NIH. Looking up other research on Google Scholar also shows many studies that indicate it has a minimal impact.

It's interesting as tons of people have taken it and have received great results in what it delivers. Example, my wrists and fingers crack less when taking it vs when I'm not taking it. Why do you think that many Meta-Analysis studies come up with that it has a negligible impact compared to the good testimonials provided by people?

JWM

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 14, 2018
Australia
What do you guys take? What have you noticed? My interest in general performance is piqued.

My supps are based around my training.

I train most days of the week (allowing a couple of rest days).

I also switch up my routine every 3 months, to give the body a shock and because 3 months is when I start getting bored. For example, full body training for 3 months, then a traditional 4-split routine for 3 months, then a body-weight/calisthenics type routine for example.

For supplements, I use vegetable based protein (not a vegetarian or lactose intolerant, but I avoid dairy). BCAAs. Non-stimulant pre-workout. Fish oil and multi-vitamin tablets. That's it.

Of course, supps are near useless without a clean diet. I don't notice much difference from the supps, but I feel incredible with a clean diet. Whenever i decide to go out and eat something greasy and unhealthy, I feel like rubbish, could only imagine what is going on inside of people with bad diets.

If there is one habit I recommend someone to form, it's eating clean.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Creatine
Fish oil
Milk thistle
D aspartic
Test E
Dianabol
Nolvodex
Clomid
Liv 52

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

No supplements as of now.

Fish oil doesn't seem to affect me as I eat a lot of fish as is.
Occasionally I'll take Ashwaghanda with my Coffee for Deep Focus.

Noopept
L-Theanine
OCTOPAMINE
METHYLCOBALAMIN
Huperzine A
Alpha GPC

That's one hell of a concoction. I've taken GPC & L-Theanine to no effect.
Which ingredient has given you the biggest edge? I'm guessing the Noopept?

IceColdFever

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
389%
Sep 24, 2018
Michigan
Testosterone Cypionate 140mg/wk
Flax seed oil (Fish & Seafood allergy)
10,000 IU Vitamin D
Magnesium
Zinc
Megadose Vitamin K
Megadose Vitamin B12 (once a week)
DHEA
Phenibut, cycled.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Whey protein, Fish oil, Men's Multivitamin, sometimes GABA and 5HTP. The rest I try to get through diet. I have been experimenting with CBD lately (cannabidiol oil)

In the past Citrulline Malate.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Great topic! I recently started looking into this because for the longest time I didn't take anything.

Currently I started taking a men's multivitamin and have been looking into omega 3s as I barely eat any seafood so I'm sure I'm lacking there.

Are there any brands you guys would recommend that don't give a fishy aftertaste (seems to be the most common complaint)?

Thanks!

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
Great topic! I recently started looking into this because for the longest time I didn't take anything.

Currently I started taking a men's multivitamin and have been looking into omega 3s as I barely eat any seafood so I'm sure I'm lacking there.

Are there any brands you guys would recommend that don't give a fishy aftertaste (seems to be the most common complaint)?

Thanks!

Use this! Supplement Ratings and Reviews - Labdoor

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Thanks!
Try Krill oil. It is not fishy at all. Omega 3 pills and/or fish oil pills are fishy as hell. Krill, not at all.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Try Krill oil. It is not fishy at all. Omega 3 pills and/or fish oil pills are fishy as hell. Krill, not at all.

Krill oil vs fish oil

I don't take any of those pills. I follow the video below. Works for me. Salmon roe, avocado, seaweed, etc...

ericaung

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Oct 6, 2018
Now Foods Gr8 probiotics
Blackmores fish oil
Now Foods Men Multivitamins

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Multi-vitamin
Probiotic
Optimum Nutrition ZMA - Zinc, Magnesiu
Sometimes, Fish Oil

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
Mornings I do:
MCT Oil in coffee
Magnesium
Potassium
Omega 3
Vitamin D
Vitamin B complex
Fiber Supp
L-Theanine if drinking coffee or taking modafinil

Before bed:
Magnesium and fiber again

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Minimum 1000mg EPA/DHA per day (Omega 3). Help me with inflammation.
Vitamin D. Because why the F*ck not, it's not like there's any sun here :playful:
Just started taking creatine. Helped me lift more.
Magnesium and Zinc before sleep. Make me sleep better.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Old man's multivitamin
fish oil

pycnogenol - I have seasonal allergies due to mountain cedar. I have been taking 100 mg for a year now, every day. It has been amazing to go through this allergy season and not realize the pollen count is up.

Ben Adams

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Mar 7, 2017
Florida
I just take the supplement I created, ElevatePlus for relaxation. Basically got a lifetime supply since I haven't been able to sell many LOL

FastLaneUzer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 20, 2018
New York, NY
I usually take supplements for My Liver and Kidneys, Not necessarily because I have problems with them but these are extremely vital to your well being. You'd be surprised at how many people are not feeling great and it's because the liver is getting damaged either through alcohol or very bad diet. I take Taurine for my nervous system and heart. B vitamins and a supplement for my brain (This works very well with a higher fat diet aka Ketogenic) and lastly from time to time I will take noopept.

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
Dunno if I responded to this thread already but

2000 IU D3 as cholecalciferol
5g creatine mono
whey
sometimes melatonin

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
The first and most important is to get your nutrient from real food.

Anyway. I take black cumin seeds, turmeric powder, vitamin D3, aloe Vera capsules , biotin capsules, L-Arginine and L-Glutamine before and after I workout.

Sea Kelp for iodine, and of course spirulina and chorella

Lastly. I fast once a week. Usually one of my least intensive activity days. I Go 24-48 hours sometimes with only water and green tea. Sometimes black tea and moringa tea. It’s to reset the body and allow your body to reheal body cells. It also stimulates other things in the body. If you try it your body will fight it at first but soon you will get use to it.

Google the benefits of fasting.

As entrepreneurs we need to treat our bodies and mind like one of the most important tools while building our business and after it’s done and we are making revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Dunno if I responded to this thread already but

2000 IU D3 as cholecalciferol
5g creatine mono
whey
sometimes melatonin
I don't remember if I replied either so, as a vegan I take B12 and an over 65 year olds multivitamin. Also a veggie supplement called Green Supreme by San. I order 6 containers from California regularly. Nothing else as the food I eat is very nutrient dense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.