The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should I do with this?

What should I do?

• Total voters

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I bought a domain (liquidbillionaire.com) I think about a year ago. I thought I was going to use it to chronicle my journey, starting with a 1983 or '84 (no one can tell me for sure) Nikon FM1 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens and trading up to $1 billion in liquid assets. After about three minutes of thinking, I scrapped the idea and moved to the next. It's been parked, complete untouched, ever since. It's a fun URL, so I figured I'll have some fun now, and let you guys decide what I do with it! Most popular answer, or the one that makes the most financial sense after 48 hours wins, and that's what I'll work on.

If you choose "Something else," please comment and tell me what you think I should do!

I'll see if this can somehow turn in to a progress thread after its all done.

Thanks guys, have fun with it!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I woke up, and it was screaming "help me, I'm lost!" So I'll do 48 hours from the first reply.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I doubt it would get much. If I sell it, it'd have to be to a crazy rich guy, like Bill Gates status.

Donald Trump and Mark Cuban would also get consideration.

D

DeletedUser10

I voted to do something else. Go find a need to solve rather than quench your desire to use your "cute" domain name. Fill a need, touch millions and you will be rich.

I always go back to the example of somebody somewhere is running an empire manufacturing some commodity like toilet paper. Is it glamorous or sexy? No. Does it make millions? Probably.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I said "fun," and no need to turn your nose skyward. This is something to do for fun, it's DEFINITELY not my main focus. If you read the first post, you might notice that I stated that more than once.

And you're vote should have been to build a brand with it, if you're talking about commodities and such. Thanks though.

D

DeletedUser10

Yeah, I know that sounded f*cked up. I apologize. I didn't mean to sound like an a**hole. What I meant to say was just scrap it and move on.

PS - Did you make your billion in assets? I'm unclear on that...

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
I scrapped it a year ago, no I never did anything with it. I wanted to trade stuff from my $100 item up to a $1b value in LIQUID (cash, kind of) assets.
Definition of 'Liquid Asset'
An asset that can be converted into cash quickly and with minimal impact to the price received. Liquid assets are generally regarded in the same light as cash because their prices are relatively stable when they are sold on the open market.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.