The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should I do with this website

Dan44

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 9, 2015
Hello everyone. I had an idea for a drop ship website, got a pretty good domain name Scopes USA (dot) com
however after opening accounts with distributors I see the margins on most products are not where I'd like them to be. Anyones input is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida
Sounds
Hello everyone. I had an idea for a drop ship website, got a pretty good domain name Scopes USA (dot) com
however after opening accounts with distributors I see the margins on most products are not where I'd like them to be. Anyones input is appreciated.

Sounds to me like you lacked in research. Have you tried negotiating your contracts or did you already sign? Most suppliers will work with you on price. This is like buying a car. They have an asking price but there is always wiggle room. If there is not and your not happy with it then look elsewhere for product. If there are no more options then you can either tough it out and see if your income out ways the time invested or if its a lost cause. Have you exhausted all options? If you only put 5 hours a week into this company and your turning 8,000 in profit a month then I'd let it ride. I always say when I'm selling anything that has a plentiful supply that I would rather make 5 dollars 10 times then 10 dollars 3 times. If the demand is there enough for it then you should be okay with crappy margins, at least for a little. That being said if your time invested is not worth the return each month (and I'm not saying when you first get started) then you need to reevaluate the situation. But if your sleeping and making dollars, even if its not a lot of dollars then I would let it ride until you find something else that you can spend that time on that makes you more money. I hope that makes sense. It's been a long day and its only 2:45pm

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.