The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You're selling the wrong product (4 mins)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As the business owner, what product should you be selling?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
I really appreciate this Andy. I have been selling my business' services hard over the last few months while trying to replace "me" with others. It's been chaotic but your video reminds me I'm on the right track.

Congrats on your achievements so far. Hmmm, and I do need some AdWords experts!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
This is exactly what im realizing more and more. My job is to maintain the growth engines and delegate everything else to more qualified people. Just purchased the audio book , so im excited to see what incites i get from it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is exactly what im realizing more and more. My job is to maintain the growth engines and delegate everything else to more qualified people. Just purchased the audio book , so im excited to see what incites i get from it.
I bought the audio version but couldn't bear to listen to the narrator. Let us know if you can. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
This reminds me of E-Myth, have you read that? Essentially everything in your business is designed as a process. This makes everyone interchangeable. Primarily this concept is derived from the McDonald's concept in the book.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This reminds me of E-Myth, have you read that? Essentially everything in your business is designed as a process. This makes everyone interchangeable. Primarily this concept is derived from the McDonald's concept in the book.
I read it years ago. Maybe I should grab another copy and revisit it. It was quite a short read if I recall. Thanks for the heads-up @Utopia

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I bought the audio version but couldn't bear to listen to the narrator. Let us know if you can. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.
Yea this audio book so distracting haha , the way he drags the end of his words makes you pay more attention to his voice and not the story lol

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Just finished the audio book today ! This book really proves how little I actually know about the subject of building a successful business . Specifically learning to specialize and the problems with not specializing. Then it gets into the actual process of business selling which is super foreign to me . When I get home today I'm definently changing my approach again

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
How do you feel that this works in a service-type industry, (what a wonderful example, let's use Google Marketing!)

As far as I can see it, this is a process dependent on someone who knows the work and how all of this goes down.

How do you, Andy Black, should you decide to sell the business you've grown with Google Marketing, structure it as a business thats buyable?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
How do you feel that this works in a service-type industry, (what a wonderful example, let's use Google Marketing!)

As far as I can see it, this is a process dependent on someone who knows the work and how all of this goes down.

How do you, Andy Black, should you decide to sell the business you've grown with Google Marketing, structure it as a business thats buyable?
Don't just own the IP you develop, own the assets (the campaigns and landing pages).

Don't just be another "agency" building other people's brands in an industry vertical, build an actual brand in that vertical.

It's the difference between being plumberseo.net and booking.com

Listen to the call with @Pittman09 below:

AndyTalks with @Pittman09 about his foray into AdWords

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!