The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What next?

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
My wife and I bought a bunch of properties.Had to put them in our personal names, I know -but that was the only way we knew at the time.I am looking to get into commercial, but...It is difficult now because of the sub-prime market mess.Everything has tightend up.I would like to get personal financingfrom someone but I don't want to do hard money lending. It wouldn't make sense. Any ideas from any of the big dogs out there?
Mike...:bgh:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Why can't you get a commercial loan? They are based on the property's ability to pay back the loan.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
So they only focus on the property and not all the debt on us that we are towing around?

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Well, they will ask for a personal income statement and review your personal financials, but having debt won't preclude you from being able to buy a commercial building.

If you buy a 30-unit apartment building where the rents more than cover the expenses, debt service, etc you shouldn't have much trouble finding a loan. 20% down payment would make it a lot easier.

This is obviously oversimplified but you get the basic idea. Have you found a property?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
They are everywhere here! I am ready to go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.