The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What life goals (Outside Money) do you have? No matter how crazy!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I got pretty emotional on the phone this morning talking to my dad. He hasn't been taking things so serious at was putting himself at risk of catching this virus.

I told him that I had a lot I still wanted to do with him in the future and I wanted to make sure that when I could travel back to Ireland next he will still be there.

I didn't tell him on the call but what I was specifically picturing was something that I have pictured in my mind for years - going on a trip around the Swiss/Italian alps with him in a supercar. Stopping into cool places, driving fast around the mountain roads, and eating like kings.

It is something I have visualized for years and today it hit me pretty hard. When this thing is over I am making it happen.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
So I began reading a bit of the 4HWW from Tim Ferriss. I'm on the fence about him and his methods still but I'm reading until I can decide for myself.

At the beginning of the book he encourages you to write what you would like to accomplish in the next 6 months and 12 months, no matter how crazy or feasible/unfeasible you thought it was. I thought it was an interesting exercise.

I'm not the kind of person who is interested in money for money's sake, but I do appreciate the freedom that it provides. But what do I want to do with all this freedom exactly? There has to be a greater purpose and meaning to all the extra freedom that I am seeking to provide for myself?

Its certainly not to park my butt on a pool chair and sip mojito's all day.

I took some time to compile different things I would like to have, be and do. I put no limits on myself. I didn't care if the idea was stupid or cringe. I didn't care if it wasn't possible by most people's standards. Its just the things that I think would be cool to do or would be excited to do. A lot of these things I'm actually working on right now and I know are within my reach. Some are more difficult but they made my list anyway.

I encourage others on the forum to share what your goals are (Not related to money). I'm very interested to know what other things fastlaners or aspiring fastlaners are dreaming of.

The format is to write 5 things you want to have (a Lamborghini, a Nice House, a smart and pretty Husband/Wife)

5 things you want to be (Be fluent in a language, be more creative.)

5 things you want to do (Travel to a particular country, Skydive, etc)

So without further Ado, here's mine:

Have:
- I'm sorry, I only have one and its to buy a Tesla (I'm a pretty bad consumer... :p)

Be:
- Be fluent in Japanese (right now its very basic, I need to devote more time to it.)
- Be a succesful Inventor (Working on that right now.)
- Be a Globetrotter (setting myself to work remotely or succesfully licensing an invention will help me be more mobile.)
- Be more Charismatic (I've been focusing a lot more on killing my ego and focusing on others and not myself, with great results so far.)
- Be more atheltic (I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week, doing lots of heavy bag training, lockdown has put a damper in things and I have to reevaluate my workout routine to compensate.)

Do:
- Stay in Japan for an extended amount of time (I've visited before, but I'm talking 6 months +, If I could immigrate for a couple of years even better.)
- Make a successful game (I'm actually well into development of an expandable card game, extremely close to a testable product.)
- Write a successful Fiction book
- Make an original Hip-Hop song/video (I write a bit, but I'm not great at freestyling, maybe I should add that to my "Be" list.)
- Make friends with Pewdiepie (I'm a fan of his and I think we see eye to eye philosophically speaking and we have a lot of similar interests, I think we could jive well.)

What's yours?

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Start Entrepreneur "Hustle Houses" for young 18 year old kids who don't want to go to school.

Push them, teach them, help them.

Once one has a business that pops off, use it as my own "startup incubator" and invest in the ones I deem worthy.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
My life goal has been complete...

A4Sh6f4.jpeg

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Build a grain transloading facility near where I live. That would be pretty neato.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I plan to start and fund a lab for research into aging. I have specific goals for the lab past that, but I'm working on the "fund" part right now.

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
Hi! Here's some of my plans, not so crazy at first, but they are because I'm very introvert and hard to get out of my confort zone, so some of these are definitly gonna get me crazy :D

- Become a animal shelter volunteer

- Perhaps in the future, get a little bit involved in local politics

- Learn archery to hunt (I love the woods)

- Move next year 2021 out of my country to live on my own in germany (it's crazy and I'm scared haha)

And for last, the craziest:

- Metal detecting (my hobbie) in germany is going to be fc*in crazy, there's bombs buried everywhere!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
thats a very important plan!
You dont have to drive a cool car, drive fast or anything like that, you only have to do it with your dad. You will remember that being so cool!
Agreed. I think you may even have more fun doing it in an old VW Camper Van @Fox !

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This does remind me of when someone asked me:

"If money was no object, what work would you be doing?"

He asked me to not answer it there and then, but to think about it.

He then really threw me a curveball by asking:

"What's stopping you?"

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
The format is to write 5 things you want to have (a Lamborghini, a Nice House, a smart and pretty Husband/Wife)

5 things you want to be (Be fluent in a language, be more creative.)

5 things you want to do (Travel to a particular country, Skydive, etc)
I guess 1 thing I should put on my list is read and follow instructions:).

I will need to give this some more thought.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
I have a food related business that I would like to start that has a social good meaning behind it for the future.
Other than that-- only want is to be a mom. Aunt will probably come first and I'm good with that for now.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
I got pretty emotional on the phone this morning talking to my dad. He hasn't been taking things so serious at was putting himself at risk of catching this virus.

I told him that I had a lot I still wanted to do with him in the future and I wanted to make sure that when I could travel back to Ireland next he will still be there.

I didn't tell him on the call but what I was specifically picturing was something that I have pictured in my mind for years - going on a trip around the Swiss/Italian alps with him in a supercar. Stopping into cool places, driving fast around the mountain roads, and eating like kings.

It is something I have visualized for years and today it hit me pretty hard. When this thing is over I am making it happen.

Dude, that hit me like a ton of bricks.

I'm really hopeful for you and I believe you will make it happen.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Btw: i would like to do Wheelys on dirt bikes like I could do 30 years ago!

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
I plan to start and fund a lab for research into aging. I have specific goals for the lab past that, but I'm working on the "fund" part right now.
That makes me think of a video I watched not long ago, about the possibility of greatly slowing the process of aging and the mechanism behind aging.

You may have seen it before or have a better grasp of the mechanisms behind it, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Anyways, this was the video I saw: How to Slow Aging (and even reverse it)

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
Build a grain transloading facility near where I live. That would be pretty neato.

Just looked that one up on a video through Mobil Grain. Certainly a neat concept. I wonder how many industries can make use of the same logistic process.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
That makes me think of a video I watched not long ago, about the possibility of greatly slowing the process of aging and the mechanism behind aging.

You may have seen it before or have a better grasp of the mechanisms behind it, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Anyways, this was the video I saw: How to Slow Aging (and even reverse it)

Yes, I've seen that one. There are plenty of fascinating things that need to be looked into. And the knowledge needs to be integrated. Antagonistic alleles, epigenetic activators, sirtuins, programmed endocrine signaling, management of telomerase, etc.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Being rich enough I'd self fund a race team and compete, formula 1 or world super bike would be cool

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
To build a skyscraper. Also a death star (except for the guns part).

Mr. Roboto

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
338%
Mar 13, 2019
Personal growth.

No matter what I'll feel doing or getting next, it will definitely contribute to the general enjoyment.

I have a few itches to scratch. They might change but enjoying the hell out of Japanese arcades is definitely one of them.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
Just looked that one up on a video through Mobil Grain. Certainly a neat concept. I wonder how many industries can make use of the same logistic process.
Woah, I just looked that up. That is very interesting.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

thats a very important plan!
You dont have to drive a cool car, drive fast or anything like that, you only have to do it with your dad. You will remember that being so cool!

Edith:if you do, I ll tell you some curvy roads south alps you wont forget.

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
This does remind me of when someone asked me:

"If money was no object, what work would you be doing?"

He asked me to not answer it there and then, but to think about it.

He then really threw me a curveball by asking:

"What's stopping you?"
If thats to me: getting older the ability to balance decreases. I practice that a lot with bicycle and even dirtbikes, but it doesn’t work like than. But I m working on that every week and year.
I should make a progress thread on that. :))

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.