The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
keb1eta.jpg

Came across another great video by the lawn care millionaire.

In this one, he shares his ups & downs, trials & tribulations and what he had to go through in order to become a successful business owner.

You'll want to check this out.

Take away; it will be tough, it will be frustrating, it might get lonesome, it will be stressing, but if you stick it out, if you keep pushing forward, if you keep on learning & seeking out new knowledge. Eventually - with sheer persistence - there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Salute to all the aspiring business owners that are going through hell in order to reach heaven.

If no one else understands the struggle, we here at The Fastlane Forum do.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
interesting.

fastlane's hype says " be smart ! be rich , stop being a slave you fool and start your business"

it sounds good and we cry and applause.

but how many people can endure this nightmare of running a business until the light comes out of the tunnel ?

statistics say 20 % in the first 5 years.

Most people give up on their dreams - before they reach their destination.

Even if you do "fail" from your endeavour. Learn from your mistakes, and try again.

Three-feet-from-gold.jpg

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
keb1eta.jpg

Came across another great video by the lawn care millionaire.

In this one, he shares his ups & downs, trials & tribulations and what he had to go through in order to become a successful business owner.

You'll want to check this out.

Take away; it will be tough, it will be frustrating, it might get lonesome, it will be stressing, but if you stick it out, if you keep pushing forward, if you keep on learning & seeking out new knowledge. Eventually - with sheer persistence - there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Salute to all the aspiring business owners that are going through hell in order to reach heaven.

If no one else understands the struggle, we here at The Fastlane Forum do.

interesting.

fastlane's hype says " be smart ! be rich , stop being a slave you fool and start your business"

but how many people can endure this nightmare of running a business until the light comes out of the tunnel ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
interesting.

Who cares?

Those who can endure it, will. Those who can’t, won’t.

Simple as that.

Besides, your “nightmare” is another man’s dream.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah... this is quite a big problem with learning biz.
Thinking back on my time digging through the mud or climbing, it is like seeing a ghost, my face drains of blood and I start shuddering.
I can't really describe how hard it was to get rid of my superficial views on biz and find the depths I needed in order to make imagination into reality, but it was unspeakably bad. I can't make big dreams real yet but little ones I make real regularly these days.
Now that the death march is over I feel a lightness no one can ever take away, and it warms my outlook.

If I am being totally blunt, most will never get to that feeling all the way, which is really really sad.
BUT they can make money so long as they do the best they can with what they got.

For me it is almost impossible to reconcile that death march with the success it leads to... why so much pain for something as trivial as money or avoiding the feeling of shame.
I mostly just gave up trying to make sense of it and accepted that it was what I WANTED irregardless.
I decided I would have no less than complete and utter understanding of biz by walking that road.
It was self inflicted agony which in ways makes it worse. But I've done harder things in my life so it is ok by me.
Heck it is still going to be agony in some times ahead...
And that is no joke or attempt at hyperbole.

I'm happy enough after breaking through that phase. I'm not ecstatic, but I think that is a good thing, keeps me focused.

Looking back, the thing I'd say to myself is,
"Let go of all you fear to lose, but hold onto all you know is important to you"

I feel your pain brother! Keep marching forward. One small victory at a time.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Yeah... this is quite a big problem with learning biz.
Thinking back on my time digging through the mud or climbing, it is like seeing a ghost, my face drains of blood and I start shuddering.
I can't really describe how hard it was to get rid of my superficial views on biz and find the depths I needed in order to make imagination into reality, but it was unspeakably bad. I can't make big dreams real yet but little ones I make real regularly these days.
Now that the death march is over I feel a lightness no one can ever take away, and it warms my outlook.

If I am being totally blunt, most will never get to that feeling all the way, which is really really sad.
BUT they can make money so long as they do the best they can with what they got.

For me it is almost impossible to reconcile that death march with the success it leads to... why so much pain for something as trivial as money or avoiding the feeling of shame.
I mostly just gave up trying to make sense of it and accepted that it was what I WANTED irregardless.
I decided I would have no less than complete and utter understanding of biz by walking that road.
It was self inflicted agony which in ways makes it worse. But I've done harder things in my life so it is ok by me.
Heck it is still going to be agony in some times ahead...
And that is no joke or attempt at hyperbole.

I'm happy enough after breaking through that phase. I'm not ecstatic, but I think that is a good thing, keeps me focused.

Looking back, the thing I'd say to myself is,
"Let go of all you fear to lose, but hold onto all you know is important to you"
I'd elaborate that certain things aren't so important like political beliefs, focusing on what others do with their money, and trying to create a better self image.

My political beliefs are somewhat lefty making doing business a very gruelling process of PROPERLY changing views that are not quite right.
For example, people want revolution? Revolution is ugly, it is chaos, and it does not change people into caring beings who put in the work. The same is true of the right who go against immigration, the core of the issue isnt how many people there are to look after, it is the fact that no one has the right attitude to really put forth the effort to (neither side fixes that).
So politically, I'm now in nowhere land, I think that its all rather unfocused and scatterbrained, and I don't need any of it in my head when I'm focusing on getting things moving (though I consider good wages, job security, and my responsibilities etc).

Focusing on money and what others do with it, is just a good way to wrap yourself up in knots. You'll never control what others do, free will and all that. So you are better off focusing on yourself where changes certainly can occur. Then just try not to lose heart if you feel all alone, you aren't really, many are with you in spirit.

And when it comes to your self image, know that the CORE of who you are, if it is deep like the roots of an oak tree, it can grow very tall. But in order to deepen your roots you must not be ashamed of looking weak, or be scared of being insulted. Not caring about that stuff lets you reach great heights with grace. Though, I think it is unlikely anyone looks graceful if they are truly challenging themselves from scratch. Sometimes development is ugly... because you think its necessary... but there are so many illusions and ways of getting things 10% wrong and thusly entirely out of wack, that you really ought to not try to correct anybody else, nor allow yourself to stop improving.
The difference between a moron who never makes it through and just someone doing some ugly things under pressure, is that morons don't want their own success, they only wanna bring people down. The people who make it, lift everyone up, and go to meet challenges head on that are HARD in order to lift people up. Morons push down, those who make it go far ahead and let tides rise behind them, or with them. Your image doesn't really matter, your obsession with it can lead to ruin though, so let it go.
Ugly things happen, we are all human, so be it, do your best as time goes on.

Believe in what you gotta do, but don't put these obstacles in your way and act like a tightass.
Its tough to put it all on your shoulders, but its just how it goes if you WANT to do it.
And if you want to do it... don't lament it. Slowly come around to the fact you can go after things you want irregardless of all the trash in your head.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.