The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your WHY?

Anything related to matters of the mind

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
What is your why?

What is the motivating forces behind your striving to be the best you can be physically, mentally, financially, emotionally?

I am curious to get your raw, unfiltered whys, not what you think you should say to sound good...

e.g. I want to rid the world of starvation and bring worldwide equality <3333333333

when really...

I want to tell my old boss to F*ck himself, buy a mansion and feel significant...

Let's hear the real stuff you filthy animals...

I guess il go first:

What drives me is the potential pain of regret of being 'nobody' being lazy and wasting life when I know I have the potential (of course, we all do) to do amazing things with life, build things, help people, make the world a better place in our own way, at whatever scale.

Another thing that keeps me going is that I must be the man that I need to be for the woman of my dreams and my kids (I don't currently have kids but this thought drives me regardless).

^^ I frame the above like this...

What if I met the woman of my dreams, but I'm not 'ready' for her in terms of development in all areas of life, and thus they pass by...

Of course, it is entirely possible that your whys are completely unconscious...

For example, I have no doubt that part of what runs me is the fact I need to achieve in order to feel love from my parents... (thus not totally unconscious, but you get the point).

Have a think!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dominick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Apr 23, 2017
Italy
I really don't know what drives me. I just want to not waste my life like i already did for 18 years. I can't live without an objective and i have no objectives except the big ones. Obviously i can't hide the fact that i love travelling and super cars, but what i want above all is freedom. I want freedom to pursuit my passions, freedom from feeling a slave, and freedom for not being an ant in a big worldwide ant nest. I want that one special feeling, the one that you are on a moutain, under a tree, with the wind moving leaves producing that awesome sound, that fresh non pulluted air that you can almost feel travelling trough your lungs, watching the sunset thinking "i made it", "my life was not wasted", "i'm not finished yet, i will provide something and i will pursuit whatever i want until my heart will stop beating".
This is what i want. I will not give up, the day i will give up i will die in any sense.

p.S
as always i'm sorry for my bad english

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.