The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your way of searching projects on Upwork?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

KonstantinL

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 24, 2018
I tried “saved searches” filtered by technology (for example ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC). However saved searches are good only for monitoring just added projects. But when I decide to look for a project, I’d like to review those that a few days old too. I don’t constantly monitor new projects.

Also tried to filter only by category “Web Development”. Obviously need to review much more projects. And most of them target other technologies. However there are projects from non-technical clients, who just don’t care about any particular technology. My favorite type of client by the way. They don’t force you to use any particular tech/lib/pattern, they just do what they have to do - explaining project needs.
Anyways, this is still “saved search”, therefore only good for monitoring just added projects.

For me one of the most efficient ways is to search by “Similar Jobs”. At the bottom of each project there is section “Similar Jobs on Upwork”. So I open a project I like and then look into “similar jobs” section. Open those, review and then again look at “similar jobs”. Often navigating by similar jobs leads me to quite interesting projects. Sometimes they are few days old but client hasn’t found proper freelancer yet. Sometimes they are just not in the right category or skills are not specified, therefore low on proposals, etc.

However it is the most time consuming approach. I even started writing Chrome extension to be able to mark reviewed projects and filter out projects without activity or ones from few countries I’m not interested in. But maybe such tools already exist? Any suggestions? Please share your experience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.