The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION What is your productivity / task management system?

ThePowerOfStory

New Contributor
Aug 8, 2019
Germany
I wanted to show you what helped me with my productivity. This system greatly improved my focus and output. I'm not a productivity expert, but I know how it feels to be miserable because you don't seem to get ahead. Let me know what you guys use as a productivity system

I've always been a chaotic sob. Every book told me to make task lists, use time management, implement prioritization, set goals, create vision boards etc. But I just couldn't come up with a system that worked for me. I found Getting Things Done by David Allen and was intrigued. But it didn't last. Something was missing. I felt like I was making no progess. I set goals, but it never fitted with my daily workflow.

Then I found out about "Getting Results The Agile Way". It's a system that compliments GTD perfectly in my opinion. Here's a blog series about how it works and with which tools you can implement it: Getting Results The Agile Way Blog Series

The system

It's basically a task management app (Todoist, Things, Omnifocus, Remember The Milk, NirvanaHQ etc.) + an organisation app like Evernote / OneNote. It works with pen and paper too. Getting Results The Agile Way is basically a set of habits and guidlines how to plan your day, week, month and year. Here's a quick summary of the most important priciples, the book is really awesome with much more potential value for you:

1. The "Rule of 3" says to avoid analysis paralysis, you should only aim to have 3 outcomes planned for any given time period - be it daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. You only try to shoot for 3 things. You plan 3 outcomes for the year, to reach that you plan 3 outcomes for the month, to reach that you plan 3 outcomes fot the week, and so on. You get the idea.
  2. "Monday Vision" means you should start the week with a plan of 3 things. "Friday Reflection" supplements this idea by reflecting how your week went. What are the 3 things that were good? Which 3 things can you improve this week? This way you always see you always get a chance to celebrate your wins and reflect on what obstacles prevented you from achieving what you set out to do.
  3. Set daily outcomes. What are the 3 most important things today? Focus on these before you do anything else.
  4. Review your hot spots (areas of life like mind, body, career, ..) and set limits or boundaries if necessary.
More infos on the Agile Results system (this is a blog from the author): Getting Started with Agile Results | Getting Results the Agile Way

What do you use as an productivity system? Any recommedations for me?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom