The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your latest "execution" lately?

KittyWrestler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 6, 2011
If you have read the books a few times, you know to "make it", you gotta roll up the sleeves and DO IT.

So, I am wondering what the doers are doing lately to march towards your goal? What ACTIONS have you executed lately? And what is your next step?

No need to talk about the ideas, just the actions please.

I will start.

I bought a new MacBook Pro and I am reading on Apple App development everyday. I just paid the developer license and ready to start going through the turorial.

Next step is to make a small app for learning purpose.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What ACTIONS have you executed lately?

I've been trading so many index and equity options that I think when someone asks me "what do you do for a living" I may have to change the answer from "author/entrepreneur" to "options trader".

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I have my live account up and running. everyday I watch and evaulate the markets all week long. even tho I am not trading today (or for the last 2 weeks) I am still chugging along. I will never give up!

as of sunday I will have decided which 2 pairs I like the most and begin trading everyday again. hopefully with the changes I am making I can again begin to add some gains to my account! slowly but surely I will get there!

Ironwill

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 1, 2008
My brother (who goes by AKN on this forum) and I are currently working on the web-based component of our business.

Every day, for the past couple of weeks I have been generating one to two solid pieces of content (that add value), studying methods of driving traffic, monetization strategies, effective marketing strategies, how to further improve my writing etc. and increasing my participation in the online community within my niche.

My brother has already registered a domain name (I'm sure he'll chime in with some of the mind boggling things he's been learning and doing in addition at some point!), and we plan on going live no later than the 30th of this month. It's mostly an exercise in the whole process involved with building and running an online business and if it doesn't happen to stick, we'll at least have the added experience to apply to the next one. However, my brother and I definitely have some value to add within our niche and it's quite exciting watching the whole concept develop.

On top of that, still working on school for the offline real estate facet of our business. Within the next couple of months, I will be putting the next phase of that plan into action as well.

wallstreet

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 17, 2010
I've been trading so many index and equity options that I think when someone asks me "what do you do for a living" I may have to change the answer from "author/entrepreneur" to "options trader".

Mj we basically just switched roles, enjoying your switch as much as I am?

My latest "execution" was asking for feedback on my start up's website on this very forum.

KittyWrestler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 6, 2011

Man! Didn't know you are into the trading game....LOL, I work for a mutual fund company, blood can boil sometimes.
Sounds like you've worn a lot of hats that you need more "closet" space!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Man! Didn't know you are into the trading game.

Ha, well actually my trading is really about a personal experiment I am running w/respect to READING vs DOING. I told myself that I would trade options everyday for 30 days (6 trading weeks) and see what I would learn, and in the process, hopefully make a little $$ too. After it is over, if there is anything fruitful to report that the general audience can benefit from, I hope to blog about it.

So far in a choppy market I am doing pretty good. (Official start was May 23). My objective is to trade everyday, for 6 weeks. If I miss a day (due to other commitments, a bad entry, or no tradable opportunity) I have make up the trade the next day (Do 2 instead of 1). It is almost my version of the $2K challenge going on in the other thread.

Talisman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
May 19, 2011
Australia
Last few weeks - Company created. Accountant organized. Bank accounts. Web hosting set up.

Venture 1:
Worked on first web site for last 2 weeks. Doing SEO research. Listening to business related podcasts every spare minute (train, going to bed, toilet). Setting up marketing tools. Getting some early feedback.

Venture 2 (with partner funding the execution):
Programmed stock market trading algorithm into new software. Interface with online broker done. Currently testing stages. Going live in a week.

Venture 3 (Previously committed to):
Worked on getting closer to version 1 agreed features, everything I do with it is new, so Im learning more and more which will feed back into further work for Venture 1 and later.

I realise that Im in danger of not focussing on one thing, and juggling too much, but due to the nature of my time constraints (I am working a full time job, and have a young family), sometimes I have 20 minutes spare, other times more, which tends to dictate what I can work on. Venture 2 is relatively easy, and will give me the funds to build on venture 1 and move onto venture 4 and on.

So yeah, don't anyone tell me you can't find time. If you want it badly enough you'll do it.

D

DeletedUser2

I have several ventures

I get up, and ask "what is the fastest track to cash to day"
that's my mantra to keep focused.

I spend 20 min a day, early, going over my basic strategic plan, ( short and mid term goals)
then I have my execution list. 10 Items or less.
Focus on the 1st most important thing, work Until I get that done,

focus on the second thing, and repeat.

Spend my afternoon doing the Tennis ball thing, which is to field all calls, or projects that have been pushed onto my plate, and this all the balls into everyone else court.
solve any problem that a team member has come up with, or go get a resource they need to complete what ever task I have given them.
1 time a week i measure progress against the goals. see if i need to adjust goal, or adjust progress.

1 time a week, check against processes, and see if i need to adjust processes, or adjust person who is doing process.
1 x a month, do a strategic overview with any partners on any projects.

but Daily its all about getting my list of 10 things down, and then doing them.

I was lucky enough to get the 10 item list from a billionaire friend of mine. ran his whole biz with a spiral bound note book and a pen.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
1.) Ordered a Samsung Galaxy tab to start building android apps with a friend of mine. Android app creation bumped back a few notches to pursue a different venture but I will provide him with capital to get apps created if his ideas appeal to me. Tab doubles as an e-reader which saves me from piling up books in my room in Afghanistan so no money wasted

2.) Started building a website. A lot of the programming has been outsourced and article writing for the blog portion has also been outsourced. I have also attached a forum to the website to get more pages indexed than my competition who dominates the niche. Currently doing research on how to jump start a forum and working out bugs and details on my main site to make it more appealing and user friendly than my competition. Ordered a 2nd monitor so I can stop using 2 laptops which is a pain.

3.) Just got the results back from a patent search on an idea of mine. I'll be digging through the info tonight after work to see if it's been done before. I don't believe it has but I'll read through it all tonight and then hopefully go ahead with the provisional patent. I just finished reading "One Simple Idea" and I know I went about this the wrong(read: more expensive) way but I'll be saving money next time I have an idea using the methods in the book.

KittyWrestler

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
May 6, 2011
Ha, well actually my trading is really about a personal experiment I am running w/respect to READING vs DOING. I told myself that I would trade options everyday for 30 days (6 trading weeks) and see what I would learn, and in the process, hopefully make a little $$ too. After it is over, if there is anything fruitful to report that the general audience can benefit from, I hope to blog about it.

A lot of people trade because they have to make a living and imagine the stress that comes with it. But you have the luxury to do it for education and personal experience perspective. That's truly a luxury. If you win, great, if you lose, who cares... that's FREEDOM baby!! I am going to get there one day too. Retire, write a book and day trade for fun!

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
3.) Just got the results back from a patent search on an idea of mine. I'll be digging through the info tonight after work to see if it's been done before. I don't believe it has but I'll read through it all tonight and then hopefully go ahead with the provisional patent. I just finished reading "One Simple Idea" and I know I went about this the wrong(read: more expensive) way but I'll be saving money next time I have an idea using the methods in the book.
Update - Multiple screen / monitor laptop has been patented to death but I still can't find any for sale. On to the next idea

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.