The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What is your Favourite Entrepreneur Movie

Ankerstein17

Contributor
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey guys, as we are going into the holiday season I am sure a lot of you including myself might watch a couple movies with the family.

Therefore, I want to know what is your favorite entrepreneur movie of all time? and Why!

I've always enjoyed The Social Network.

Leave a comment to what your favorite entrepreneur movie of all time is!

Happy Holidays!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
The first half of Blow.

A more recent one: War Dogs.

A movie about grinding: The Pursuit of Happyness.

The first two movies because they're great at capturing trade, sourcing, and scaling. The final one because it shows how hard things could get and how you have to keep pushing forward (even though the movie's not about an entrepreneur, it tells the same story).

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Therefore, I want to know what is your favorite entrepreneur movie of all time? and Why!

Like that one to. Think it does have some early 00's 'zuckwood spin on it'. Girlfriend at the time enjoyed it one of the last times went to a decent theater. I do see this one as a top 5 classic. "Tucker: The Man and His Dream". What he went up against in the 'big 3 syndrome of the auto industry."

D.Davis

Ingeninja
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
California
Lord Of War!!

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Forrest Gump. A must see.

1. He took a business idea as well as insider industry knowledge from Bubba during his stint in the army.

And he leapt into the army right after college instead of action faking like most of us lol. At least he did something.

2. Stuck well to his loyalties and trust with Lt. Dan, Bubba and Jenny, his girlfriend.

He never burned bridges.

3. Went through the desert of desertion, with no shrimp caught in his early days in the shrimp business.

But he pressed on and continued fishing. That was a blessing in disguise.

A massive typhoon came and wrecked most of the competing shrimp boats, grounding and damaging them as they were mostly at harbour.

But since Forrest was out there grinding, he stood a chance to sail against the storm and ultimately survived.

Needless to say, he found himself having all the shrimp waters he can fish from!

4. Did the things that didn't scale. Running away from bullies for much of his younger days cured him of his leg problems and earned him a scholarship to college when he accidentally dashed into a football practice session...

So many more lessons, but these are some of the best entrepreneur nuggets in the movie.

juggler619

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 25, 2015
Abu Dhabi

Also , Lord of wars & War dogs !

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Revolutionary Road (more of a SCRIPTED movie than FASTLANE)
American Gangster (business parallels)
Joy

maverick

Unorthodox Nonconformist
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2012
Good will hunting

From the highest rated review on IMDB:
You could read a lot of self-help books, but they won't bring across to you as powerfully as this film what it's like to be scared, what it's like to experience loss, how difficult it is to shake off your old ways of thinking, how important honesty to yourself is.

Arun Siva

aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 31, 2016
NORD-TRONDELAG
top 5

Boiler Room (balls, tenacity, grit)
American Gangster (creativity)
Blow (supply and demand)
The Founder (scaling)
The Departed (resource management)

honourable mentions

Lord of War
Wall Street (1987)
Jerry Maguire

Office space (good slowlane motivation lol)

Roulf

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 6, 2017
Ontario
Good will hunting

From the highest rated review on IMDB:
You could read a lot of self-help books, but they won't bring across to you as powerfully as this film what it's like to be scared, what it's like to experience loss, how difficult it is to shake off your old ways of thinking, how important honesty to yourself is.
This movie was really important to me. I had never heard about it and just watched it randomly out of netflix cause it had Matt Damon and Robin Willians.

Damn it came to me as a punch to the face. I was less than a month away from moving from Brazil to Canada, which had made me feel extremely cocky and confident about myself. Thinking about all the people that talked shit to me that were supposed to stay on that hell of a country and how "superior" I was for being able to escape.

How wrong I was about it all. I was just a tiny nothing in the middle of everything and, was about to peek out of the cavern and understand how big the world was and how being "bigger" or "better" than the people that I knew, meant absolutely nothing in the real world.

Biggest take for me was that I needed to live things instead of just knowing it. Doesn't matter how great things might seem, I need to check it myself. I need to live and experience myself.

Recommended even tho it might not be entrepreneur, more like a mindset focused movie.

Eric Ferner

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 9, 2017
Markgroeningen, Germany
Patiently waiting for someone to say The Wolf of Wall Street so we can witness that debate (again).
Okay.. Wolf of Wall Street ;)
Hey, I just love that movie - although I wouldn´t say you can really learn much from it.. or should.. except for this masturbation thing being a trader ofc ;)

On a more serious note, I liked "Jobs" a lot and "Wall Street" is my all time favorite.
Oh and "The Big Short" - great movie as well

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Wall Street ..... the look on Bud Fox's face when he realizes what he has done...... Gordon's speech..... how Bud got in to see him ...... love this movie.....

Beatingtheodds

Contributor
Oct 24, 2017
England
Joy, Godfather (the business might be illegal but doing what you say you're going to is key and health trumps all), Founder, Hacksaw ridge (They'll laugh when you say what you want to do, but admire you when you're saving their A**)

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 8, 2014
Skip the movies and start watching the show "Halt and Catch Fire".

Probably one of the most accurate depictions of going from idea to execution, and all the in-betweens of building a business, from the euphoric highs to the excruciating lows, and the hard work behind closed doors that no one ever sees.

It's 4 seasons but every second is worth your time, trust me.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Like lots of the movies mentioned, one I haven't seen mentioned that comes to mind is Scarface..

BeFound Faithful

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 19, 2015
Southern California
Hey guys, as we are going into the holiday season I am sure a lot of you including myself might watch a couple movies with the family.

Leave a comment to what your favorite entrepreneur movie of all time is!

Happy Holidays!
You may want to check out The Call of The Entrepreneur. It gives a different take.

View: https://youtu.be/pem0ZSsMQVA

ApparentHorizon

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
MLM move.

Made whopping $700 cuz of Spacy.

It opens with, "money is not about money. it's about respect."

Could be interesting:

Looks to be a remake of an older move:

...of a true story.

biggeemac

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 25, 2011
Goodfellas.....yeah, definitely wanna be a wiseguy. I must admit I have a crush on having that level of "F*ck you". Other than that, I'm really living my own entrepreneur movie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom