The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A list of great copywriting books!

For any book discussion

TheWriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place
It's a shame that this forum's Official Book Recommendation page doesn't have a single copywriting book listed. ( Cashversting is not a copywriting book strictly speaking)

Let's make our own list.

So,What is your favorite Copywriting book?

For me it's "The Copywriter's Handbook" by Robert W.Bly. It covers the basics very well.

What about you guys?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
For me it's "The Copywriter's Handbook" by Robert W.Bly. It covers the basics very well.
I liked that one.

Breakthrough Advertising was a little trickier to digest, but it seems to be the Bible of copywriting.

Scientific Advertising I remember being short and to the point, but I don't remember much else about it. Maybe time for a re-read.

Bly seems to beright down the middle.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Jun 25, 2019
Ca$hvertising, though it doesn't only focus on copy

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
I liked that one.

Breakthrough Advertising was a little trickier to digest, but it seems to be the Bible of copywriting.

Scientific Advertising I remember being short and to the point, but I don't remember much else about it. Maybe time for a re-read.

Bly seems to beright down the middle.
Upvote for Breakthrough Advertising.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
It's a shame that this forum's Official Book Recommendation page doesn't have a single copywriting book listed. ( Cashversting is not a copywriting book strictly speaking)

Let's make our own list.

So,What is your favorite Copywriting book?

What about you guys?
Apart from the ones mentioned, Web Copy That Sells is also great for online copywriting, though some of the tactics are a bit outdated.

knowledgebeast

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 22, 2019
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
Breakthrough Advertising is phenomenal. The language is a bit dense, but I think every copywriter can benefit a lot re-reading it from time to time. Each time you're gonna pick-up something new and deepen your understanding of how to channel mass desires towards your product.
If you have time to read all the Gary Halbert letters on his website it's a great way to get in the mind of copywriter, and he has some excellent advice.
How To Write A Good Advertisement by Charles Schwab is good also.
But again Breakthough Advertising is the best I've read. He's really good at explaining the art of copywriting and if it's the only book you read on the subject it should be this one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Hey Whipple Squeeze This is a classic must read.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Would also be interesting if anyone has any recommendations for this based on the german market? Germans often say that US sales copy is way too pushy and doesnt work on them... although... im not sure lol.

There deffinetly are differences. Would love to hear some book recomendations if there are any experienced German copywriters here!

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
Would also be interesting if anyone has any recommendations for this based on the german market? Germans often say that US sales copy is way too pushy and doesnt work on them... although... im not sure lol.

There deffinetly are differences. Would love to hear some book recomendations if there are any experienced German copywriters here!
I have to quote you.

I think that in all European countries a lot of american copy sale letters sound a little scammy. It depends a lot by what are you selling too, I suppose; but often you have to soft a little and keep in mind the principles of human nature.

However Cashadvertising is pure gold. I bough The Robert Collier Letter Book: I have to study them, but a lot of people recommend it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.