The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the strongest motivation?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Which of these do you think is the strongest motivation?

• Money

• Passion

• Prestige

• Proving yourself

• Religion

• Taking care of family

• Freedom, independence or power over your life

• Helping others or helping the world

• Fear

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mido

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 29, 2017
EGYPT
What is the strongest motive you get up in the morning? What is the strongest motivation there is to work?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
Probably the most advanced guys here can give you a best response, but I bet a lot of them will answer with this:

Having a strong sense of purpose and meaning is the most powerful motivator.

But you have to work in your motivation day after day. And if you are asking this, I guess you haven't found that purpose yet. So, in the meantime, I can share with you something that works for me.

First of all, start with a WHY. Why are you going to work today? It's similar to your purpose but can be something more practical o easy to find.

Second, and this is what really works for me, organize your day on the previous day:

What do you want to accomplish tomorrow?
What is your most important task?
How are you going to start with it?

When you have clarity in your priorities shaped as tasks, and you know the first step and at what time are you going to do it (best if is early in the morning), you have a strong motivation to get up and do the work.

For me, when I don't have any priorities for the day, I procrastinate a lot in the morning.

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

Eugen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Feb 18, 2016
For me is a combination of freedom, taking care of my family, and honestly (it might sound a bit odd) but having something exciting/challenging to do.
I'm at my happiest when I have something to do for the day, something to work on, strive to get better at.

---

There's this quote from Maslow:

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What a man can be, he must be.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What is the strongest motive you get up in the morning? What is the strongest motivation there is to work?

I believe the strongest motivation is to help others. It is to find a motivation that is not inward, but outward. I've experienced this many times.

Here is why. You can't quit on someone but it is easy to quit on yourself.

Let's say your goal is to buy a boat. After weeks of failure you say, F*ck it, I don't really even want that boat. Or I don't want that boat that badly.

Now, say your goal is to pay for Timmy's school supplies. After weeks of failure, can you say to yourself, F*ck it, Timmy doesn't really need the school supplies? How can you let Timmy down and give up? It is much harder to convince your mind that Timmy doesn't need what he needs.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
I believe the strongest motivation is to help others. It is to find a motivation that is not inward, but outward. I've experienced this many times.

Let's say your goal is to buy a boat. After weeks of failure you say, F*ck it, I don't really even want that boat. Or I don't want that boat that badly.

Now, say your goal is to pay for Timmy's school supplies. After weeks of failure, can you say to yourself, F*ck it, Timmy doesn't really need the school supplies? How can you let Timmy down and give up? It is much harder to convince your mind that Timmy doesn't need what he needs.
Totally agree, that's because accountability works, even here in this forum with the progress threads.

You can watch also the videos of Simon Sinek and Daniel Pink in YouTube. Great advice in motivation.

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

i voted helping others, is that not the main point about Fastlane.... also i would say to be the best in something is a good motivation, like being a blackbelt problem solver ;)

Tomek Starosta

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 17, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
A sense of impending doom always seems to do the trick for me. The closer the better.

You could also call it fear of failure/ not living up to your potential or whatever but it's not as dramatic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.