The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the minimum amount one needs to be in the position of "FU"?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda
i have been wondering what is the exact amount that you need in order to tell your boss it's over. which one works better, being a millionaire or just simply have income that is 5 times more than all your expenses combined.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
i have been wondering what is the exact amount that you need in order to tell your boss it's over. which one works better, being a millionaire or just simply have income that is 5 times more than all your expenses combined.
Why?

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda
thing is,even though i'm still a student, i have been earning income that is way more than i usually spend , i want to know, is the feeling different when one is earning 7 figure income..if so....what is the exact amount

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
thing is,even though i'm still a student, i have been earning income that is way more than i usually spend , i want to know, is the feeling different when one is earning 7 figure income..if so....what is the exact amount
There is no exact amount. I am as free as @MJ DeMarco. But he has more zero's.
We both can pay cash for shit. Me nice shit. MJ really nice shit.
You'll know when you get there.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
I wouldn't know but i'm guessing whether its a billion or a million as long as you are financially free and money isn't an issue or worry the feeling would be the same.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
@V8Bill wrote a good little book about this. I'm too lazy to look for the link. Maybe he'll pop in and drop it. :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you want to live here?

29426649064_f752bd915a_b.jpg

Or here?

a-former-amazon-exec-has-listed-his-miami-mansion-for-39-million.jpg

Or somewhere in between?

The answer will help determine your #.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Rabelo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 4, 2017
secunda

retirement-blog-financing-a-tiny-house.jpg

Or here?

Or somewhere in between?

i want to live here..not on the first picture or in between.

Attachments

• a-former-amazon-exec-has-listed-his-miami-mansion-for-39-million.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 40

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento

retirement-blog-financing-a-tiny-house.jpg

Or here?

Or somewhere in between?

but the bigger home will require more property taxes maintenance etc plus we dont know how much that would go up which could be exponentially

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Neither.

What if the very problem is simply the fact that you're attributing the amount of money you have on the outside to whether you can quit or not.

The answer is irrelevant because the question in itself is flawed.

Can you have $0 in your bank account and walk downtown today, talk to people, and sell them on some type of services you provide; coming home tonight $5,000 wealthier than you started?

Or will will you have $50,000 in your bank account, and have no clue how to bring products or services into the market place, allowing the money to quickly drain away from your mortgage payments, car loan, credit card bills, and other expenses?

What if the question is not about what you have, but who you are and what you are capable of doing.

What if in order to make it in this world, it's really about becoming the type of person who is able to make it on their own?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

pTQXgUv.jpg

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Strange question to ask.......

Here is my take on it.

9-5 job ........... Sorry no chance.

When you make money before you put your shoes on in the morning you`re finally on the right path.

When you care little what things cost you`re getting into it.

When you value time more than money............You`re home

Tim Allen Jr.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 6, 2017
virginia

For me it was when I hit 2.5k and knew I could grow my business. For me, the it was an fu 'event', not necessarily fu money.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
I think there are different stages of F*ck you.

For me, the first stage is less about one specific number and more about the confidence in to create value & sell it.

In my case it means I'm able to learn a new skill and can create enough value for my clients for them to pay me - in a short period of time.

Now, that is not a level of F*ck you to live your life in complete freedom.
But it is enough to not longer be dependend on your boss to survive.

On the other end of the spectrum is the big F*ck you money pot - enough money to live however you want to do.
This number depends on your lifestyle, your monthly expenses and your money system.

If you don't know what to aim for, read @V8Bill s thread to get started. If you need more input, read his book.

Forum member's number won't help you, because they are living a different life and have a different money system.

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Or, you could follow the link to his name and find it.
Thanks @jon.a @Rabelo just follow the link in my signature to read the little story of my near wealth experience and download the audiobook.

Hope it helps.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I personally don't think it matters how much is in your bank account. It's how much you believe your worth yourself. I've told people to f off, simply because they were my down fall financially. Freedom isn't always about just money. They liberation starts with your mind. If you look at any boss and employee service you're the submissive operator.

Told what you're to do on their terms. The Boss is the dominate figure. Holds the Power if you allow them too on their terms. Now they can be the best boss in the world, as I've had some great experiences. I've also had terrible experiences with other individuals. Health is number one key. I've heard many times their boss is the biggest Villain, and they make six figures. They are stressed, filled with anxiety, and depression. Now if you're aiming for Entrepreneurship, you liberate yourself from other controlling your life in all these areas. Still you have stress, anxiety, and depression. You just have control over your heath and finances by the choices you make alone.

When is it enough? I believe every Entrepreneur on the block has a different story in that answer. What will you sacrifice to have total freedom? Some sacrifice more than others. Some have a harder time than others in the process. There is no definite answer to give you.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
For me more about the money is what the job brings to you also on an intrinsic base. Even if I would get paid millions for cleaning bathrooms or having the worst boss possible I would prefer doing something else where I have autonomy and a sense of mastery in the workplace, whether as me as the owner or in a company where I have enough freedom to do interesting stuff.

qaerst

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 13, 2017
Antarctica

You can't stick a number on freedom.
Learn that time doesn't have a price tag , because you can choose how much your time is worth.

Don't even start calculating numbers in your head if there is nothing that will generate those numbers.

Good luck with your future businesses!

qaerst

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 13, 2017
Antarctica
ok, thanks.i would appreciate the book

You also obviously didn't read TMF and UNSCRIPTED , otherwise you would've known that time is your most valuable asset.
Not money. Not saying "F*ck you" to your boss.

What's 7000 billion in your bank worth if you die tomorrow?
Think about that for a second.

Good luck & have fun with the books

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Great replies in this thread.

Your mindset is on money, a dollar figure. You need to shift your mindset. It's flawed.

I used to make a lot more money. I also used to spend a lot more money. By the time I quit my job, moved cross country, and started a business, I had no money. I had maxed out credit cards and a bank account balance teetering between $500 and $0.

I had learned enough in my "slowlane" regular job to have the confidence to enter the industry on my own. I wasn't waiting for a specific dollar amount saved or a replacement income stream. My focus had been to invest in experience and expertise - once I knew I could have success on my own, I went out and did it.

While my debt situation is better now, I can tell you after almost a year in business that I still definitely don't make as much as I used to. But it doesn't feel like work, and what I'm building is a long term play.

Don't focus on the monetary aspect. It's important, but your monetary needs are different from anyone else's. If you feel that you can provide value, and have the expertise to give you the confidence to go out and freaking crush it, then do it.

My guess is, since you asked this question, you're not there yet. You'll know when you're ready.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
I personally don't think it matters how much is in your bank account. It's how much you believe your worth yourself. I've told people to f off, simply because they were my down fall financially. Freedom isn't always about just money. They liberation starts with your mind. If you look at any boss and employee service you're the submissive operator.

YES! When I first encountered the concept of FU position on this forum, I immediately thought it applied to more than simply x dollars in the bank or x amount of other resources; it starts in the mind, by knowing what you will and will not accept in life. And if you're not in a position to refuse certain treatment from a boss or employer now, it may be that you either don't realize your own value, or you need to develop it further.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
In the past I told my boss to go F*ck himself with less than $400 in my bank account.
Does that constitute "F*ck you money"?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.