The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What is the best project management tool?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

violetwilliams

New Contributor
May 19, 2020
London, United Kingdom
hey guys,

Was wondering what is the best project management tool? There are lots of tools available in the market for project management, but I want to know which one is the best?

Thanks in advance!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

mve0991

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
Last edited:

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like Basecamp combined with Trello. I have an insider thread with a video showing how we use Basecamp.

Andy Black

Figuring it out as I go along!
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland

serge94

New Contributor
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
I'm actually at an impasse on choosing a proper tool. We've used Asana successfully in the past and I love all of the features, especially the Timeline and Calendar views, but I also want to have a place inside it to save notes & stuff, kind of like a Wiki. And maybe link between tasks and notes, that would be cool. Right now I'm trying out Quip, Notion, Asana & Evernote and figuring out what to stick with.

To answer your question: it depends on how big the team is, what you're working on, etc. basically it depends on your needs :) They're all good in their own way, I don't think there is a clear winner among them.

Last edited:

Beerbread

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 2, 2019
I use Trello and it works fine for my needs! Especially if you're by yourself but you want to hold yourself accountable.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
^^^ This is the right answer.
Yep. I tried Jira but found it nearly incomprehensible & extremely cumbersome to configure. I use ClickUp, which is similar to Asana, but I believe ClickUp has more ways to view things. My projects are mostly related to client-based software & support (bugs, support issues, development tasks, etc.), but ClickUp works well for non-software projects too.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MythOfSisyphus

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
If you're into ridiculous levels of customisation and find that some of the other offerings don't have what you need then check out Clickup. I switched to it from Trello late last year and have really enjoyed it. It's probably overkill for my level of use which is individual rather than a team but I enjoy it.

There's a somewhat steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it there's not really anything you can't do.

serge94

New Contributor
Apr 20, 2020
Europe
Notion is great too.
Notion is soooo slow because they're always requesting the page through the network instead of having a locally replicated database that syncs with their servers. I tried it for a few months and it was super frustrating having to wait for the loading animation to finish every time I did something. I have great internet and a good computer and still it was slow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I am incredibly excited and honored to be a part of this. Thank you, @Kak , for accepting me...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
After going through this thread, I believe the biggest fear of people on the fence is all about...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock