The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ned.ryerson

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 14, 2018
You have an "awesome idea" but you do not have the working capital to get going. You show up at hackathon/tech/incubator/start-up/camber of commerce meet-ups pitching your "awesome idea" to anyone that will listen.

The investors in your area know each other. If someone is making the rounds they know. People that pitch investors are in the slow lane, some the break down lane.

Here is how to approach investors:

======================

I’ve been observing a particular industry/sector, which has a problem/opportunity, of….

I have contacted leaders/experts of <name companies>, who have validated interest in a product/solution that...

One organization, in particular, is <name company> whom I have a ##-year relationship with as a result of….

They have agreed to a joint development effort providing testing of the product/solution at a reduced cost in exchange for their feedback.

We will be operating the business with lean principles, and the product/service offering will be developed using agile principles. This will allow us to 'follow the pain' least amount of resource waste.

We have performed SWOT analysis and PEST analysis resulting in our Business Model Canvas. A RACI matric was development for the venture. We baselined a business requirements document (BRD), RAID log, and work breakdown structure (WBS) on kanban boards.

We'd like to offer you the following term sheet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
You have an "awesome idea" but you do not have the working capital to get going. You show up at hackathon/tech/incubator/start-up meet-ups pitching your "awesome idea" to anyone that will listen.

The investors and your area know each other. If someone is making the rounds asking for money - we talk about them. Most are in the slow lane, some the break down lane.

Here is how you approach us ? This:

======================

Hi Ned, my name is John Smith. I’ve been observing a particular industry/sector, which has a problem/opportunity, of….

I have contacted leaders/experts of <name companies>, who have validated interest in a product/solution that...

One organization, in particular, is <name company> whom I have a 10-year relationship with as a result of….

They have agreed to a joint development effort whereby they are going to provide user acceptance testing of the product/solution at a reduced cost in exchange for their feedback.

We will be operating the business with lean principles, and the product/service offering will be developed using agile principles. This will allow us to pivot quickly and ensure we hit the target with the least amount of resource waste.

We have performed SWOT analysis and PEST analysis resulting in our Business Model Canvas. A RACI matric was development for the venture. We baselined a business requirements document (BRD), RAID log, and work breakdown structure (WBS) on kanban boards.

We'd like to offer you the following term sheet.

Just to clarify.. Are you saying this is how people are approaching you and its flawed, or how you'd like to be approached?

ned.ryerson

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 14, 2018
Just to clarify.. Are you saying this is how people are approaching you and its flawed, or how you'd like to be approached?
Fixed the grammer on the OP. Adding content from your phone isn't always the best :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.