The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What improved your life so much that you wish you did it sooner?

Yogi_Fastlane

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 3, 2022
Not understanding the importance of Time, I've had Goals (read objectives) in life, achieved them too but I realised I've been running away from my Life goals (they used to change every few years), in fact I was not sure about my Purpose.

Only to realize, it's not realistic to have a sole purpose of your life, in fact people change with time, the 20 year old me sounds very different from the person I'm today, going back, although I don't regret anything I realize I was aware but let things, relationships distract me, I was not agressive enough, was not disciplined with those goals, gave up easily and in the face of adversity, I let others dictate my future for sometime, I let myself get stressed and pressurized, I had stupid goals too, where in luck played a key role.

When I had another exigency in my family which could've crushed me and onto the path of sidewalk, I took a decision and let others know, mentally I drew a plan, this is what I want, this is how it's gonna be, it's a long path but that's how it's gonna be, I started exploring options, and ways to earn and acquire funds and resurrect my life slowly, I got disillusioned in the objectives but the goals have remained the same since that FTE.

I got into spirituality as well along the way and learnt how awareness-concentration-willpower is key to get the best out of the day, I learnt the value of time and energy regulation is important, how short of time we get to realise those goals.
although I don't regret and take full responsibility of my failures, if at all I had that FTE and the subsequent transformation in the couple of years of reading books, such as TMF , if all this had happened 10 years ago, I would've probably been ahead in my long term goals by atleast 5 years by this age.

JackMakesMovies

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 2, 2022

Saw this question on Reddit and thought it was a pretty thought-provoking question that may lead to some interesting answers.

It can be whatever in any aspect of your life, both big and small things.
Mewing
Look it up and give it a go, it won't work very well if you are over 25 but you're blessed if you discover the practice while you are young!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Saw this question on Reddit and thought it was a pretty thought-provoking question that may lead to some interesting answers.

Here's that thread... pretty lengthy...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/vhki66 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/vhki66/what_improved_your_life_so_much_you_wished_you/

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
@fastlane_dad

I've been watching this thread since the start. I cannot think of a single thing because like you said, it would change my trajectory. And I don't want that. There are plenty of things I still want to do and want to do them now, just nothing I want to go back and do sooner or change.

Example: I used to smoke. One could say "quit sooner" would have been better. Yet it was a social thing, where we drank, smoked and had a lot of fun as a group. I needed that period of life to define, experience and choose my future.

I could also have started my business sooner. But then, would we scale up as quickly as we did if I lacked the knowledge that came from a decade of grinding it out as employee?

Utopian as it may sound, I am grateful for experiences I've had - good and bad. They made me. My bad choices led to a crappy life and FTE that led to good choices and discipline.

It appears you and I are in the visible minority here, vast majority has something they wish they did sooner.
@fastlane_dad

I've been watching this thread since the start. I cannot think of a single thing because like you said, it would change my trajectory. And I don't want that. There are plenty of things I still want to do and want to do them now, just nothing I want to go back and do sooner or change.

Example: I used to smoke. One could say "quit sooner" would have been better. Yet it was a social thing, where we drank, smoked and had a lot of fun as a group. I needed that period of life to define, experience and choose my future.

I could also have started my business sooner. But then, would we scale up as quickly as we did if I lacked the knowledge that came from a decade of grinding it out as employee?

Utopian as it may sound, I am grateful for experiences I've had - good and bad. They made me. My bad choices led to a crappy life and FTE that led to good choices and discipline.

It appears you and I are in the visible minority here, vast majority has something they wish they did sooner.
Reminds me of the “things happen for me, not to me” quote and it’s a great mindset to have!

AmppaDamppa

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Apr 7, 2022
Not spending all my money like an obsession as soon as they hit my account.
Not caring what others think (Still in the process, it's more difficult than it sounds)

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
As I said above, youth is terribly forgiving to poor or imbalanced diets.

Remember all those guys/gals in college who could eat whatever they want and never get fat? That's youth.

By the time they hit their 40s, they're fat sloths. By 50, they're on six prescription medications. Me? I'm on none. Not even an acid reflux pill, which BTW, I had to guzzle down in my 40s as I lived my "low carb" paleo life.
Guess that still has to kick in for me ... or maybe it never will.

I am 41 now and I have a hard time getting my hands on enough healthy food to not go crazy over the course of one day. So it is Burgers, Fries, Schnitzel or Pizza almost every day. I could order more healthy food, but it gets more expensive and is just not nearly enough to get through the day.

If I want to gain weight, I still need to add protein and do a workout. Fat just isn't happening ... even with beer added into the mix, which I mostly avoid.
Not saying I am healthy - far from it - but genetics seem to make enough of a difference that here are no hard truths that apply to everyone.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Stoping being afraid to walk away: I have been in a lot of exhausting and toxic relationships. Always afraid to stop taking shit. Partly because of being afraid to be alone, partly repetition compulsion. Therapy helped a lot.

And how did you learn to walk away? For example, when you cut ties with a friend who's toxic, do you tell them or just try to have less and less contact until it naturally dies off?

Starting boxing: In the gym, I learned for the first time what it really, really means to push beyond what you think is possible. Having done strength training and other forms of martial art for most of my life, I could never push myself as far as in the boxing gym. It transfers to other parts of my life. It builds confidence and makes me believe more in myself. Being on the verge of passing out. Against the ropes. Combos raining in on you. As the trainer screams at you to move you try to hold on till the bell rings. It is marvelous.

100%

I've been practicing MMA since February (striking only) and it's crazy how much you can push yourself to exhaustion yet you still need to be present enough to remember what to do or how to defend yourself.

Going Vegan: Made me realize how many food insensitivities I had. In the beginning, it was just for health reasons. Then I watched Dominion on Youtube. I will never go back. Helped me physically and spiritually (in a non-woo-woo way).

I never watched any of these videos but I read some books and that was enough to switch from vegetarianism to veganism.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
reading food labels. Doing stuff to eliminate heavy metals / parasites. Drinking tea. Learning of

I would have liked to start my personal development since college.
I would have liked to be surrounded by entrepreneurs from a very young age.
I would have liked to make decisions coming solely from me rather.
I would have liked to know this forum or read the TMF book rather.
I would have liked to leave Facebook sooner rather I spent so much time there without selling anything. lately I've been more than a month and a half without connecting to Facebook. Last time I logged in I posted an article.
I would have liked....

So many things...

Henderson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jun 29, 2022
I can't bear to watch it. I think I'll be traumatized for life.
Those two hours were the most unspeakable thing I have ever seen in my life. I had to stop after like six minutes and I cried. It is strange to me how we have a rating scale for other beings. Like we pamper dogs, cats, and other pets. Anyway, I don't want to derail the conversation here.

And how did you learn to walk away? For example, when you cut ties with a friend who's toxic, do you tell them or just try to have less and less contact until it naturally dies off?
Learned it through two things mostly:

1. Therapy
2. Having a romantic relationship with a woman that was kind and had a big heart. It was/ is exposure to how things could be different.

Yes, letting things die-off is the most natural for friendships. It is quite natural too. People just evolve in different directions. And if they are not on the same path anymore you just phase them out.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Traveling and living in different countries. Definitely let me escape my comfort zone at a young age, and allowed me to experience new cultures and different ways of life.

dimalicious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 6, 2022

I always wanted everything to be perfect when i did something, whathever i tried it had to be done perfectly. So if i was to start working out i would adopt a specific hardcore routine that was merciless fastroad to my goal, or in some assignment i did it ahd to be perfectly executed from the heavy research to the actual creation itself. What ended up happening was as soon as i lost a day in the workout schedule id really take a hit psychologically because im no longer moving as fast as i need to, or as efficiently, and i am trash because i cant keep a 'simple' schedule/routine. Id soon miss another day, and now id be on the edge, then id miss a second dayin a row and id stop working out for a year because id be broken. If for a school course id half a$$ the research id again feel insecure that it wasnt done properly bc i know it needed the dedication adn time to be done correctly id quit altogether on the assigment because it has no chance of being perfect now.

As you can imagine, always pushing perfection and caring too much, and without taking baby steps to build momentum and comitment or by caring. Instead of being jacked af in 2 years and peak athletic form, i worked out a month total in those 2 years. Instead of getting a 95% on the assignment I handed in a piece of crap that was also late and deducted a grade for being late. In trying to do everything perfect i ended up quitting everything and doing nothing at all.

Lately i was able to stay on a workout plan and other product goals because i stopped giving a shit if it was perfect and instead set maneagable goals that wouldnt burn me out. For ex, instead of 2h workouts 4 times a week as before, the routines were now tops 45mins-hour, and if i had a bad day because i slept like a$$ or my knee hurt (which usually irritates me so much i just go home), now id show up and just do a super light or easy version of the workout. So although my workout werent perfect everytime, i managed to stay consistent for the vast majority of times and show up for months and months. I finally saw great progress :).

Its funny because my dad saw this in me years ago and would preach this always, and i just zoned out at this point and ddint listen. I shared my progress to him recently and broke down all the creative solutions i made that were on the surface insignificant but that lead me to stay on course for so long. He patiently heard me out before pointing out how hes been saying this for years and it hit me like. brick that i didnt even take what he said seriously anymore, and it made me really sad.

Kind of alot, idk anyone else in my friends and family group that has had these issues, but applying this 'no longer does something have to be perfect' attitude to other aspects of my life has made a ginourmous change in the quality of life for me and increased my achieving of goals. If your like me, you really gotta stop with that bullshit and just show up everyday, instead of making sure everyday is perfect or else. I recently read Atomic Habits and realized that i accidently stumbled on one of those core concepts; consisntently showing up on a bad day is more important than being perfect on a good day. The book is amazing, and now i structure everything i want to do and want to stop doing with its strategies. Although i am not achieving my goals at the rates of speed id want, i am consistently moving up and i can feel it.

Hope that helps someone

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Big one: I went vegan in my late 40s. Every chronic ailment that I dealt with in my 40s (and spent $1000s of dollars on trying to diagnose/fix) disappeared in my 50s. Even had a scar on my face for 48 years which suddenly disappeared. Nothing dramatically changed at 48, other than dropping my Paleo, heavy protein low-carb diet to mostly plant-based, raw food and/or unprocessed food. On top of that, going plant-based has given me a great respect for all forms of sentient life which I felt I always had, but didn't live through my actions. I'd never murder a chicken, or pay someone to directly do so, but I'd have no problem eating one (and hence, indirectly paying someone for the slaughter). Going plant-based resolved this "I love animals" incongruity, a big source of cognitive dissonance in my life.

Buy a Water-Pik flosser for your mouth and combine with daily brushing. It will save you longer cleanings and big dental expenses. Nothing worse than laying in a dental chair for 2 hours with a rubber dam strapped to your mouth.

Big one: I stopped my daily visits on social media, and it improved my life.

And I stopped watching any network news, or news put out by big-tech/big-media platforms.

I stopped paying attention to politics, whereas before, I paid attention in an effort to make my "vote" count. Voting is worthless as the morons far outweigh and outbreed any intelligent opposition. I'll never vote again for the rest of my life as the last election showed me everything I need to know about that clown show, legit or not. Voting shows I consent for one of the two political parties, which I do not. They're both corrupt organizations who maniupulate the masses for their own gain.

Big one: Stop worrying about what other people think, quite possibly the hardest thing to do for me outside of going plant-based. This is a big one for young people -- the less "F*cks" you give about what random strangers think (not customers) the more success and happiness you will have.

Big one: I stop participating in organized religion which, like politics, is mostly about control, money, and manipulation, and instead, I started focusing on spiritual growth and enlightenment. When I noticed most churches (including my large Christian Church) were more opulently appointed than my own home (imported stone, marble, granite, shimmering chandeliers) the light bulb went off. No, this doesn't mean I'm an atheist, it means I have more faith in the higher power than I do humans entrusted with bringing truth to bear about a higher-power.

Bottomline, I'm all-in on living my life right now, while not giving any fuel to "what may happen," "who said what," or "who might do what" a few months from now.

In a funny case of irony, I stopped going to Reddit and it improved my life. Although this thread posted above has some great gems worth a read.
Thanks for suggesting the Water-Pik flosser. Mine arrived yesterday.

I was thinking about it in the past but forgot about it and decided to take the plunge a few days ago after reading your reply.

I'm always looking for things that improve my quality of life or health.

iivalky

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jul 9, 2022
Canada

Mine is pretty simple, yet it is so effective. I wish I started my career far earlier. If I did so, I couldn't even imagine how much I could have scaled it... My business could be ten times larger than it currently is, even if I started it just a few years earlier.

NickVGreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 22, 2019
Good that you worked out what was causing your anxiety.

How did you work it out though? Did you see a specialist, read books, work it out yourself?
Thanks!

Mostly working it out myself.

I've known that there was something "weird" about me since I was young. I had the most or second-most absences in elementary school and middle school (my high school had a limited absence policy, so I adjusted, but was even more exhausted). When I got aware of my depressive thoughts as something added on to my thinking rather than core thinking (in high school, when they became more frequent), I tried using that self-awareness as a way to keep it in check.

Still, parts of my family is known for having depression, so I figured that this was just the way things were for me and that I would have to live with it.

It became worse once I started working in IT service though. The constant work socializing combined with trying to have a "normal" social life increased my exhaustion, my depression and my periods of suicidal ideation (to the point where it became "that time of the season" and later "that time of the month"). When I switched to working archives, the socializing and exhaustion continued.

However, when C0VlD-19 hit and we all moved to home office work, it became clear to me (after about three months) that my depression had dramatically decreased. It was still there, but with the reduction it became clearer as an aberration rather than being a core part of me. At the time though, I thought it might be a sign that I had some degree of Asperger's, as I have some friends who are Aspies, and I didn't think of myself as being anxious. I associated anxiousness with cold sweats and panic attacks, not general stress and tension.

After debating with myself and reading on Asperger's though, I figured that it wasn't correct either. My problem is not in being able to see and read social cues, but in over-reading them and interpreting them as if each one is defining and important (while also hedging in order to preempt a faux pas; the joking request might not be a joke...maybe I should just follow up on it just in case). Once I recognized anxiety as something less that full-blown panic attacks and huddling under a blanket, it became easier to recognize myself as being socially anxious. It also became easier to then make sure I take the (significant) breaks I currently need.

I might work on dealing with it later, to try to shape some instincts to reduce the stress (a kind of mental judo). Recognizing it as a part of me rather than my core person means that I can work on it without fundamentally altering my core self.

Ceesjan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 6, 2015
I like all 3 points you made.

Curious on number 1 though: What style of meditation do you use? Is it for calming purposes, improving focus, both or something else?

The subject has been brought up a couple of times in this thread, but I find it fascinating and believe in it's power. I want to get the most out of meditation as I can, so just thought I'd ask.
Thanks for your comment, great question! The style of meditation I do is non-guided, I kind of developed a meditation that works for me over time. It's like brushing my teeth now, it became a habit. I started it mostly to get more calm and relaxed and deal with stressors, but it helps me a lot with healing too.

I'm using an app called InsightTimer, and I have some favorite tracks I'm listening to without a voice. If you like to do guided meditation, then do that, whatever works best for you :)

At the start, I'm focusing on getting aware of my surroundings, then concentrating on my breath. I'd like to end the meditation by thinking about some things I'm grateful for in my life. On average, I meditate for 30 minutes per day.

Hope this helps, I can dive into more details if you'd like to, feel free to send me a DM, would love to answer any questions you might have.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Two quotes from my pops that I consistently return to:

1. Tell me what you fear and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
2. Why wait till tomorrow when you can do it today.

I wish my pops would of dished out this wisdom on number 2 as I've been a procrastinator most of my life and can say I've had some horrifying cause and effect issues in 2022 due to waiting till tomorrow.

NickVGreen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. I know the struggle of social anxiety.

You might also want to look into the possibility that you're an HSP (highly sensitive person). Dr. Elaine Aron's website and online test (and also Amazon documentary) are great sources to quickly figure out if this fits you.

Sometimes people think they have social anxiety when really they're just more sensitive to environmental stimuli and overwhelmed by being in very stimulating environments for too long. I discovered this about myself and it's been really transformative!
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll be checking this and Aron's book.

Social anxiety is my self-diagnosis, so I can definitely be wrong about it. My senses are pretty sensitive with regards to color, smells and touch. If I am an HSP though, then I seem to be particularly sensitive to social interactions as they stress me out the most. The constant input of data from reading body language, evaluating the verbal communication, noting the degrees of participation, noting who has been interrupted and what topics they were interrupted on in order to return to them if the situation permits it and the rest just gets exhausting after a while. It's useful as far being sociable and congenial, but exhausting.

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
A couple of things...

1. First and foremost, getting divorced. I was married to the wrong woman for far too long. It was a toxic marriage but stubbornness and insecurities held me back. I ended up wasting a lot of my youth. I've been kicking myself ever since for not doing it sooner.

2. Cutting my hair short. I started losing my hair in my late 30s. I tried to compensate by keeping it a little long and doing comb-overs. ( I'm cringing now as I write this.) Guys as work would tease me that I looked like a monk. Another guy had the same problem and got into a hair replacement program but he was talked about a lot as well. I didn't want that.

The hairdresser I was going to at the time kept wanting to give me a buzz cut but I was afraid to do it. I thought it would just make things worse, revealing my bald head. I finally gave in one day and walked out of the salon like a new man. I felt like a burden had been lifted off my shoulders and it gave me confidence like I never had before. I've been wearing it short ever since.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Improving my writing skills.

IDK how but it has improved my communication skills exponentially, in turn changing my life.

jwharton333

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 23, 2022

Like others have mentioned, Stoicism was a huge game changer for me.

I was accustomed to being in control of things, and I also had a pretty hedonistic lifestyle. Quarantine seriously F*cked with me and put an end to all of that. Very little in my control anymore, no more fun parties, just me, sitting on my a$$ at home, DoorDashing more F*cking fast food.

I've always enjoyed Tim Ferriss's work, and he mentioned Stoicism in a podcast. That led me down a rabbit hole. My mental and physical health improved drastically. My mindset about difficulties and setback turned from defeat to intrigue about how they could be used to my benefit.

There's a lot of material out there, and it's pretty popular these days. Anyone struggling should take a look.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Fasting was key to improving my energy levels and controlling my weight(went from 210 to 155). It changed my life. It got me off my blood pressure meds and improved my self-confidence. We live in a society that is addicted to food.

As well as po*nagraphy.

1. Fast and eat a healthy diet.
2. Meditate. If you are highly resistant to it, you need it.
3. Read anything and everything.
4. Exercise. Do push-ups in your bedroom. Do anything. It’s good for your mind/brain.

I’ve centered my whole life around fasting, meditating and getting some exercise. It has significantly improved my mental health and physical health.

For the people that haven’t tried a multi-day fast I recommend trying it, it opens yourself up to the fact you don’t need to eat multiple times a day(or even every day).

This helps you rid the excuse of, “well I gotta eat something so guess I’ll have to eat this airport pizza that doesnt even taste good”

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Funny how the people around you will attack your eating habits or philosophy. When I started fasting the people around me we’re shocked. They were like “omg you gotta eat something that’s bad not to eat”. And these are people who are overweight. The biggest comment I got was “you lost weight because of depression”. Nope, I overate when I was depressed.

When I eat it’s like a ritual. I don’t eat meat and I cherish each moment and I pray. I pray to the universe for access and union to its infinite intellect.
Omg I had the exact same experience. I started fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays for religious/spiritual reasons and I love the effect it has on me. But some people around me seem to think I'm now completely anorexic and have lost it. It's my decision what I put into my body, and if I don't want to put in several times the amount humans are actually supposed to eat on every day (plus too much meat), this doesn't make me anorexic, it makes me mindful of my health and more thankful of good food once I break the fast.

Some other things that really changed my life for the better (despite us all being on the journey of life, there are some things that hugely improve overall well-being):

Healthwise: - stopped smoking long ago. Stopped taking mind-altering drugs (especially weed can really diminish your will power). Started working out (weights and cardio, yoga)

Spiritually: - meditation, yoga, visiting a monastery and blissfully accepting that I want to pray to God almighty every day

Monetary: - working towards a bachelors degree in economics. Soon will be finished and it changed the way I worked, organized myself and what kind of jobs I could get
- starting my own freelance business and hustle as an online teacher - passive income :)

Love/Family-life: - being honest about where my limits in a relationship are and what I won't accept as ok
- helping out others in need is the best thing you can do if you feel down or worthless. Even small things can go a long way.

In general: - being open to have my worldview challenged again and again, striving to learn more and more about myself and the world around me

Ending with a quote: "Do the small things" :)

GoldenSummer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 2, 2020
Moldova

There Are 5 main things that helped me
1. Meditation(daily/ recommend medito)
2. Working out (5-6 times/weeks/ would recommend to beginners to start with a goal)
3. Reading (daily/ don't read bestsellers or any of that crap/ read unheard top quality literature that moves toward your goal)
4. p/u the Mentors/Network(this habit will save you so much time and money you will thank me later )
5. Journaling (daily/ recommend to start with a question like"what I am grateful for" )

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
Meal Prepping and Meal Planning

Although I've always been into health and fitness, I would also have a tendency of taking "the convenient route" often, telling myself "let's eat out because we don't have time to cook," only to go out or order something that would have taken the same amount of time as actually cooking!

With Meal prep and simply planning out the week, clean eating is infinitely easier, reaching fitness goals are infinitely easier, and best of all, it taught me a valuable lesson on designing my environment in a way that naturally leads me to better choices, rather than the lazy way out, or something that may be convenient but negatively affects me.

teogjoka

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 5, 2022

Going to the gym.
Such a small task but the confidence it gives you from the way you start to look, the ability to be consistent on a task, and meeting new people all trying to better themselves was one the best decisions I could make

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Quitting video games probably changed how I viewed life.
I realised that there were other things worth doing as well and that real life experiences are WAY better than getting some stupid a$$ high score or beating your toxic friends in Fortnite.

Other than that, I recently realised that not reading books messed with me.
After I read TMF I didn't want to action fake by reading other books, so I didn't buy other books.
A few weeks later, and I'm sitting all day on my computer chair or phone, scrolling some stupid news which only make me feel nervous and watching dumb youtube videos. I'm also listening to so much (pop-ish) music that it feels bad listening to it. Listening to Boulez feels like a blast now.
To add to that, I lost the thing that calmed me down before bed: books!
So yeah, I ordered UNSCRIPTED yesterday and I'm looking forward to not fry my brain on youtube instead.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This is pretty recent for me. “EDC” (every day carry) was something that improved my life.

I have carried a gun for years, but after becoming a dad and needing to carry a small bag of kid stuff when I’m with my son has opened my eyes to the usefulness of having stuff with me.

So I started carrying a couple of super useful small tools and it has been awesome. I use most of the non gun stuff I carry almost daily and wonder how I got along without it.

I have an Oakley sling pack that goes most places with me.

Items of notoriety are Leatherman Surge, a set of screwdriver bits, small flashlight and a Knipex Wrench Plier within arms length pretty much all the time. I’m shocked how much it all gets used.

And no I wouldn’t stuff my pockets with all that crap, but I love having it around.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.