- Sep 11, 2018
- Accepting who I am and letting go of people who are not okay with my
- Learning to say No, specially to time thieves.
- Stopping listening to the naysayers who wanted me to live to their standards instead of unlocking my potential.
- Reading TMF - It has caused a lot discomfort, but it confirmed that something didn't feel quite right. I used to love my profession and being paid for doing what I loved, but being an employee sucked big time, which bosses and coworkers kindly reminded me regularly.
- Stopping spending so much time learning about programming once I reached a certain point, it was a time sink for marginal benefit. Building products instead got more rewarding.
- Resuming spending more time on music, which I've been neglecting for years.
- Understanding that meaningful work that offers the right challenge and makes you grow is important for happiness.
- Understanding that I should be happy before you reach your goals, as the journey itself is the goal.
- Finding alignment between work, lifestyle, and goals - This drove me nuts for years, but I think I finally got the right direction.
- Travelling abroad - It took me almost 28 years to get out of my home country. I missed out so much, but I've been catching up in the following years.
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.