The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What I love about online businesses

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
Usually you can only get truly, TRULY passive income in the paper sector -- dividends or capital gains on negotiable instruments. Which is all well and good. But the richest people in the world got there by building businesses. Even Buffett built a business around buying other insurance businesses.

But there's always the hassle of running the business... maintaining the physical location and staff of employees. Yes, if you build your business right you can have someone else run the whole thing. But you have to have a lot of trust in your CEO, and if I was in that position I would still be checking up on things pretty often.

But online business allows you to have the best of both worlds. The business aspect provides you income that grows proportionally to the amount of value you can create times the amount of leverage you can utilize, instead of just "interest". But the passive part of it acts more like the paper market, in that you can in many cases rely totally on the system itself and not have any employees at all! A business where you can "set it and forget it" -- now THAT is true passive income.

And it's sweeter than honey. =)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lucas

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Oct 7, 2007
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that when your business is totally online, you can have computers (whether the server or your client's browser) do virtually all (if not all) of the work that needs to be done. Yeah, this is kind of a gray area as some types of online businesses (ecommerce with physical products for example) still require human action for things like shipping. But the possibility is there to build a 100% passive income business that requires no human interaction whatsoever.

With a traditional B&M business, you still have to have SOMEBODY show up in the morning with the keys to open the doors, etc.

But on the internet, it is POSSIBLE to have a business that makes you very wealthy without having a single employee... even yourself.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Well...the guy behind plentyoffish.com runs the entire site alone and his girlfriend handles the customer support.

Last time I checked he was making about 10k a day :p

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Oh, sorry, I didnt got your point. If its about passive income, sure, its not passive at all because he must work all day at it.

I cant think an example of a e-business with big passive income, I think the main benefit from an online business is the relation between investment and return. Specially if you can develop and then sell (like youtube guys or a lot others)

Anyways, at least in my country theres almost no chances of making a business that profits 10k a day. Hell with 10k a month I would be happy :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.