The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What have you succeeded with? B2B vs B2C

What have you succeeded with?

• B2B

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • B2C

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like B2B. I want to be a better businessman. B2B means I rub shoulders with business owners every day.

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
I've seen basic B2B structures, that with the right focus could be very successful. I currently work in one and it seems that people will buy just about anything if it helps them in some way to earn more.

I've personally had more success with B2C, but it seems that both have their ups and downs.

rynor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 15, 2019
Orlando, FL
Haven't had much success with B2C services. Definitely could not live on the income.

My personal experience with B2B is that business owners are much more willing to play ball since there is a monetary value associated with increased productivity.

Currently in the process of switching from a B2C to B2B model for my tech services company since a good majority of my income comes from selling other businesses services already.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Seems like B2B wins so far (for different reasons though).

To me, is a matter of making the deal a no-brainer for a business if you can "prove" that you can increase their revenue. With B2C, sounds trickier to convince someone they desperately need your product. Also B2C seems more of 'impact millions a little bit' rather than 'impact less people massively'. But this is obviously generalising and there will be cases where it's the other way around. At the end of the day, if you get the right product in front of the right people, you'll succeed. There are definitely different challenges.

B2C is more introvert-oriented though (marketing), B2B is more for extroverts (direct sales).

This is a good point I researched yesterday by accident. Digital marketing helps introverts a lot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
Done B2B pretty successfully, but still failed.
Then failed miserably with no chances during B2C attempt.
Doing B2B again, things are going great so far.
Helping my current B2B client with his B2C product, also successfully so far.

So I guess it doesn't matter that much. B2C is more introvert-oriented though (marketing), B2B is more for extroverts (direct sales).
I'm a hardcore introvert, but still trying to do things right. Being an extrovert would definitely help, I'm not used to talking a lot, so I have a hardcore extrovert partner for that ;).

P. S. Business owners also seem to value that I often hang for 7-10 seconds during a talk thinking and then propose a good solution for the problem we're talking about. That looks weird for the majority of people, including me.

Last edited:

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I've had more success with B2C in that I developed a profitable side business (low thousands profit definitely not massive success), however I like the idea of B2B more since I think the value proposition is much simpler (if you can show you can increase a business' profitability with a product the sell is a easy), I just haven't been able to come up with a scalable product that does this.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I'm not 'successful' yet, BUT I've been most successful with B2B so far. And I've tried B2B and B2C multiple times.

Right now, my most successful venture so far looks like it's going to be B2B SaaS. (measuring success based on a revenue and time perspective).

It's probably a mental thing though.

And an experience thing too, since my day job is in B2B.

Both are pretty damn hard no matter how you skin it.

Play to your strengths.

Akeem

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Feb 4, 2016
United Kingdom
I'm surprised to see the majority of replies are B2B.

As for myself, I can sell to customers quite easily whereas with businesses, well, they're in the same boat as me. It's not necessarily impossible, just a lot more difficult in comparison to the alternative.

I find that: so long as your product/service is up to scratch and provides real value, all you need is confidence. Well, confidence alongside great knowledge of your product/service/industry.

I guess everyone is skilled at different things though, but it definitely is interesting to know B2B is the more popular one by the looks of it.

Duck

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
May 15, 2019
Denmark
B2C is my favorite. I know that B2B typically can give you a very large profit per sale, but there are even more customers for B2C. However, I prefer doing B2C stuff that doesn't involve a lot of customer service.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
What strategy has worked better for you?

I've tried B2C so far, unsuccessfully. I might try B2B next time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.