The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What guns ya got EH?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Recently tried out an AR-15 & Desert Eagle, holy **** the kick on these bad boys is insane.

Scared the hell outta me the first time I shot the AR (new to guns) the first time I fired a double gauge was when I around maybe 10..? out hunting and managed to get a huge black eye from the recoil.

Believe the majority of people on this thread are American and you guys are definitely huge gun nuts so wanted to start the thread!

Ye haw cowboy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• loooool.JPG
    loooool.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 32
  • DE.jpg
    DE.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 28

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Recently tried out an AR-15 & Desert Eagle, holy **** the kick on these bad boys is insane.

Scared the hell outta me the first time I shot the AR (new to guns) the first time I fired a double gauge was when I around maybe 10..? out hunting and managed to get a huge black eye from the recoil.

Believe the majority of people on this thread are American and you guys are definitely huge gun nuts so wanted to start the thread!

Ye haw cowboy

So you're Canadian?

Not everyone in the USA actually owns guns. There are states where getting a gun is a pain in the a$$ and just to carry it outside of your house you need to jump through a ton of legal hoops. Than the other half of the population don't own guns for moral reasons.

But fortunately I don't live in one of those states. I live in Texas and here everyone and their dog has a gun. I have a Glock that's about it. I know people that have more than 10 guns but for me that's an overkill.

If I had a choice I would own two guns. A pistol for carry on and a shotgun for the house.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Yep Canadian!

Gonna try out a glock next time I goto the range.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
You gotta lean into the rifle and bring your shoulder up, rather than your head down.

ah, makes sense when I shot it ended up kicking me back a bit lol

Ricoboxing

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Oct 30, 2014
Canada
Fellow canuck here. I only have 3 shotguns that I use for bird hunting. An 870, Winchester SX2 and my Zombie defense Mossberg. I sold my rifles since I never really used them much.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Ye haw cowboy

I’m sorry, the AR-15 has kick?

#landfill

Jokes aside, the AR has a buffer system specifically designed to reduce recoil and keep tight shot groups. Try firing an FN FAL or a H&K G3 and we’ll see what you think about recoil from a European battle rifle. I’ve shot my fair share of 5.56 in the Marine Corps and love that rifle.

As to what guns I have? That’s no ones business except mine. Nice try @sparechange or should I say... ATF.

One hobby I want to take up is distance shooting competition. I was usually high shooter at the range for my unit. 500m shots were my bread and butter, and those were with iron sights. If I get a decent rifle, optics and learn the math, I know I’d be a damn good 1000m shooter.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
As to what guns I have? That’s no ones business except mine. Nice try @sparechange or should I say... ATF.
Yep. The only way you get a list is to break into my house and see what greets you.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

Look into a muzzle brake for the AR, it actually makes a noticeable difference.

As for the Desert Eagle.... IMO, they're just obnoxious & don't function well for actual use. If you had to fire shots in rapid succession at a threat... nope. ...at least not in my girlie little hands.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

As for the Desert Eagle.... IMO, they're just obnoxious & don't function well for actual use. If you had to fire shots in rapid succession at a threat... nope. ...at least in my girlie little hands.

Desert Eagles are guns that inexperienced people show their friends at the range.

The only round you need for personal defense is 9mm. Accuracy and shot placement are much more important than “stopping power”. If rather have a 17 rd double stack than 9 rds of 45.

Ps, this thread is now a pistol caliber debate thread haha

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

While blowing your eardrums out.... Get a can.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Desert Eagles are guns that inexperienced people show their friends at the range.

The only round you need for personal defense is 9mm. Accuracy and shot placement are much more important than “stopping power”. If rather have a 17 rd double stack than 9 rds of 45.

I love the 45 guys...

45 ACP.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Us lucky Canadians get a max of 10 rounds in our pistols, so it doesn't really matter what we use as far as capacity goes.

We also get lovely AR15 mags that are pinned to 5 (Yup, five) rounds. Due to Canadian laws making insane amounts of sense, we are able to use LAR pistol mags that fit into our rifles that can legally hold 10 rounds! Yahoo! Thank goodness our government is keeping the public safe with 10 cent rivets!

Here is a little bit of trivia. Canada has the 10th highest civilian gun-ownership per capita at 30.8/100 people. USA is #1 at 101/100 people. These numbers are also misleading as many gun owners own multiple firearms, with collecting being a very popular hobby in the USA. Collecting in Canada becomes much more difficult due to our laws making "scary looking" firearms difficult to obtain and keep. They like to reclassify and prohibit firearms because they look scary and some internet rambo modified something to be full auto. Little does the government know that literally anyone with knowledge and some machinery and tools can make anything they want out of a block of aluminum and some tubing.

One more for some fun. There was recently a push by the Liberal government to classify a certain % of aluminum as a "lower receiver" on a restricted AR15 platform. I think they eventually settled on 80% complete now counts as restricted. Before this they had no limit on it, so people were posting pictures of a block of aluminum and calling it a "0% lower receiver - restricted". Yup, go politicians catering to their insane fan-base.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Us lucky Canadians get a max of 10 rounds in our pistols, so it doesn't really matter what we use as far as capacity goes.

We also get lovely AR15 mags that are pinned to 5 (Yup, five) rounds. Due to Canadian laws making insane amounts of sense, we are able to use LAR pistol mags that fit into our rifles that can legally hold 10 rounds! Yahoo! Thank goodness our government is keeping the public safe with 10 cent rivets!

Here is a little bit of trivia. Canada has the 10th highest civilian gun-ownership per capita at 30.8/100 people. USA is #1 at 101/100 people. These numbers are also misleading as many gun owners own multiple firearms, with collecting being a very popular hobby in the USA. Collecting in Canada becomes much more difficult due to our laws making "scary looking" firearms difficult to obtain and keep. They like to reclassify and prohibit firearms because they look scary and some internet rambo modified something to be full auto. Little does the government know that literally anyone with knowledge and some machinery and tools can make anything they want out of a block of aluminum and some tubing.

One more for some fun. There was recently a push by the Liberal government to classify a certain % of aluminum as a "lower receiver" on a restricted AR15 platform. I think they eventually settled on 80% complete now counts as restricted. Before this they had no limit on it, so people were posting pictures of a block of aluminum and calling it a "0% lower receiver - restricted". Yup, go politicians catering to their insane fan-base.

AFAIK short barreled rifles and shotguns aren't restricted any longer in Canada (require federal paperwork here in the States), and at least they did away with the registry. Getting rid of the registry is a huge win, and shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel for our patriots in Canuckistan.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
AR15 platform is restricted. Many many many firearms in Canada are restricted. That means you need paperwork for them and they can only go from your house to the range. Check out Bill C71. The government doesn't want us taking them to gunsmiths either and we are going to need to call to get specific paperwork to move them there. It is insane.

Non-restricted firearms have no registry right now. This is essentially shotguns and wood-stock hunting rifles. Anything "black" is restricted. Anything that some F*ck-tard has turned into a full-auto and posted about it on the internet has made that entire firearm type prohibited. The government can also change the rules on any firearm at anytime and not tell you. According to the law it is up to us to check and know what changes have taken place (ie: Butler Creek mags for the Ruger 10/22)

Oh, Bill C71 is also essentially bringing back the long-gun registry! Yahoo! Lets spend hundreds of millions of dollars on making life a pain in the a$$ for law-abiding citizens! It was brought up in some sittings on this bill how there are zero dollars in this bill being put towards combating gun violence and crime, and curbing the spread of illegal firearms. Those talks were shut down because they were against the spirit of the bill. I guess it is bad to questions poor laws that will do no good, and it is bad to propose putting funds where they are needed. Yay government!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
41peelDXFsL._AC_US436_QL65_.jpg

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

As for the Desert Eagle.... IMO, they're just obnoxious & don't function well for actual use. If you had to fire shots in rapid succession at a threat... nope. ...at least not in my girlie little hands.

The DE was hard to control the recoil and its really heavy. Cant say its a good gun for the range.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Gonna try out some other pistols the next time I go, the DE was way to much for me
One hobby I want to take up is distance shooting competition. I was usually high shooter at the range for my unit. 500m shots were my bread and butter, and those were with iron sights. If I get a decent rifle, optics and learn the math, I know I’d be a damn good 1000m shooter.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw
check that out

it took me a good few seconds to aim either gun and think i only shot about 30 yards? something close - medium range (wasnt using the wall to lean on or anything)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

ChrisR

Diamond Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 11, 2017
Republic of Kekistan
My EDC is a Walther PPS M2.

My wifes EDC is a Glock 42.

For home defense we have a VEPR-12.

Then we have a Yugoslavian SKS 59/66, Russian Mosin Nagant M44 and I'm in the process of building an AR-15.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.