The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • It's back! As an INSIDER you can now SORT any thread by LIKES. See this post for more info.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

What does it mean to be an Entrepreneur?

shalini mittal

New Contributor
Sep 11, 2019
Stop buying:-
- iPhones
- McDonald's food
- Starbucks Coffee
- Nike Shoes

And start buying:-
- $AAPL
- $MCD
- $SBUX
- $NKE (Shares)

What does it mean to be an Entrepreneur?
Entrepreneurship is not about being rich or being able to buy costly iPhones or eating out at fancy restaurants. Showing off your expensive clothes and cars or having each of your coffee at Starbucks doesn’t make you an entrepreneur.

No.

Entrepreneurship is about investing responsibly and growing your wealth in all genuine ways. You can become an entrepreneur not just by starting your company, but also by investing your money in a responsible way and guiding others (teams) to do the same. Entrepreneurs are more like teachers, who by making responsible and calculated decisions motivate their peers to follow their paths.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

broswoodwork

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 16, 2015
Damn, it's only 8am here and I already broke 2 of them.... iPhone and just ate McDonald's. That word has always been too fancy for me anyway. For years I told people I was a toilet cleaner, now I tell them I'm a delivery driver :rofl:
Same! I tell people I work in a wood shop to avoid the awkward "can I have a business card?" conversation. I printed some up years ago, but I think they're in a sock drawer or a toy box somewhere.

Tourmaline

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
An entrepreneur creates businesses and/or innovates existing ones.

Simply buying shares makes you an investor.

Simply buying a business and optimizing it makes you a businessman.

Entrepreneurs forge into the unknown and create new.

Champion

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Haha, I am relating to that one so well right now "Living a few years of your life like others wont, so that you can spend the rest of your life like others cant".

I feel like im still at the beginning of that journey and its F*cking hard to accept. I have to admit, I feel like quitting.

When I look at all my friends on insta, chilling in their cushy corporate jobs, it looks like so much fun.

I also have a corporate job, but I moved to another city and I didnt take a office job. Also, im not using my weekends and free time to enjoy and travel, im pumping it into my business. No idea if its worth it or if it will pay off.....

All I can say is that its not easy and harder than I expected it to be.. T_T

Perhaps im just going through a rough patch.

Best
Champion

Ismails

Life Student
FASTLANE INSIDER
May 7, 2019
Haha, I am relating to that one so well right now "Living a few years of your life like others wont, so that you can spend the rest of your life like others cant".

I feel like im still at the beginning of that journey and its F*cking hard to accept. I have to admit, I feel like quitting.

When I look at all my friends on insta, chilling in their cushy corporate jobs, it looks like so much fun.

I also have a corporate job, but I moved to another city and I didnt take a office job. Also, im not using my weekends and free time to enjoy and travel, im pumping it into my business. No idea if its worth it or if it will pay off.....

All I can say is that its not easy and harder than I expected it to be.. T_T

Perhaps im just going through a rough patch.

Best
Champion

That's okay man!
Try to have some momentum/flow depending on your lifestyle when you feel it gets hard

I almost forgot my high school friends, I don't talk to them anymore.
I only focus on my journey, and this forum.
Demarco's books are eye opening!

Having a job is fine, you need a place to stay!
So the thing is start small and see how it goes!

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 3, 2014
England UK
Stop buying:-
- iPhones
- McDonald's food
- Starbucks Coffee
- Nike Shoes

And start buying:-
- $AAPL
- $MCD
- $SBUX
- $NKE (Shares)
Being an entrepreneur is more about how you see the world and its interactions than what you choose to spend your money on.

And if I had a spare 100k I wouldn't buy shares, I would invest that money in one or more business ventures that could create value. Create worth and create jobs. And I think that is the mark of an entrepreneur regardless of the fact I where Nike and buy a coffee from a cafe chain now and then.

ChrisV

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Well I'm not sure I'd consider investing in stocks 'entrepreneurship'

I mean stocks have like a 5% ROI

we like 6000% ROIs

But investing is a great part of maintaining wealth. I don't think it will make you wealthy in and of itself unless you're very smart.

You should make an introduction, btw.

Yzn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 1, 2018
If you mean you shouldn't be wasting all your money on bling bling like most rappers do, I agree, however what's nice about money is basically you could buy those high quality items and enjoy a better quality material life, but still having much more money to use on growth assests. Having a nike shoes surely beats a $20 dollar one in many ways lol. Even if you consider the usage life of the shoe on the long-term and how it can save you buying more cheap shoes to live the same period of tinne.

Tbh I believe entrepreneurs are basically people who use all available resources and creates something valuable out of them. Basically like a manufacturer.

He/she has the end point in mind, but gathers all the materials/experts/resources to work towards manufacturing an end product which keeps improving depending on feedback.

Entrepreneurs can definitely be a master of one skill, but it'll never be enough usually to create an end product without bringing in resources/masters of other skills to reach his goals.

Look at Henry Ford for example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom