The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do young professionals struggle the most with their social life

SebastianSkinner

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Aug 26, 2020
UK
Gents,

In my opinion if you want to find the best girl you can you need to make sure you are maxing out in all the areas you can control in your life. For example:

Hit the gym - your body shape and amount of muscle you have is in your control and will also help build your confidence and attractiveness.
Style - Make sure you are on point with your clothes, haircut etc. Basic rule of thumb make sure that your clothes are fitted.
Money - Focus on your career or business whatever it is.

All of the above are in everyone's control unlike external factors that we are dealt with through the genetic lottery. Max out the above. Focus on going on dates once or twice a week and and spin multiple plates to fully understand what type of girl really knocks your socks off. Just get in the habit of messaging different girls across the apps or meeting girls out in bars / Cafe's whatever floats your boat (Covid dependant!). The more you date the easier / funner it becomes and the better results you will have. Its like any other skill, it needs practice.

I personally don't get the rush to settle down. Focus on your purpose, your business and your health and the right girls at the right time will come into your life. If one of them brings too much drama to your life NEXT. If you think she's the right one by all means settle down.

Anyways just my two cents.

Best,

Seb

Pkluciano8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 26, 2021
Personally, my biggest issue is that everyone moved away from the area I live and work in because my family owns a business here and that’s where I work.

For the young professional who has a job in a new city, their problem would be the same as mine: they don’t know a lot of peers to hang out with and don’t know what to do for fun.

So things that revolve around finding new people, places to hang out, keeping in touch remotely (like through social apps etc), transportation to visit people and places, etc are all good ideas.

The question is vague, so my answer could open up thousands of more specific ideas.

edit: the question is about dating, not sure how I missed that before, sorry. A lot of the same stuff applies though!
I can totally understand you, when everybody is moving away it's not really easy. To meet new people you have to get out of your comfort zone, and this can be a really good challenge. Have you something tried lately to change your situation?

Thanks for you honesty, I really appreciate it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pkluciano8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm doing a research on how to improve the work life balance of young professionals. One of my friend went into consulting and he really struggles with getting on dates.
And I would like to find out what are the biggest problems to find solutions.

What are the 2 biggest issues you're dealing with when it comes to finding the right partner?

What would you wish for more than everything regarding to your dating life?

Thank you all for your input. Every feedback is welcome.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
Well, in my group of friends ( introverted it guys ) most of them don't do anything outside of work that involves other people. They favourite activities are playing video games, maybe reading a book or two or other hobies that they do alone at home. So for people like that the only place to meet people is at work and if you ain't got chemistry with anyone of the people you meet there then that's it. Not to mention starting a relationship with a coworker probably isn't the easiest most natural thing to do.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a research on how to improve the work life balance of young professionals. One of my friend went into consulting and he really struggles with getting on dates.

What are the 2 biggest issues you're dealing with when it comes to finding the right partner?

Personally, my biggest issue is that everyone moved away from the area I live and work in because my family owns a business here and that’s where I work.

For the young professional who has a job in a new city, their problem would be the same as mine: they don’t know a lot of peers to hang out with and don’t know what to do for fun.

So things that revolve around finding new people, places to hang out, keeping in touch remotely (like through social apps etc), transportation to visit people and places, etc are all good ideas.

The question is vague, so my answer could open up thousands of more specific ideas.

edit: the question is about dating, not sure how I missed that before, sorry. A lot of the same stuff applies though!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoftwareEducator

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 23, 2021
Can I still answer if I've already found my partner?

As a young-ish professional (27 now), I exclusively did my partner searches online. I had the most luck on Tinder, but online dating is definitely a crapshoot. The two biggest issues I guess I would have had were finding someone who was a good fit for me and making the time to search for someone.

I mitigated the first issue a lot by being very clear and specific with what I was looking for. I'd get rejected a lot (which is a good thing imo), but I had excellent experiences with those whose interests meshed with mine. As for the second issue, online dating solves that a lot, when you can just take a few minutes and move your finger across a screen and potentially meet someone that way.

Is your friend opposed to online dating? Do they have particularly high standards? Do they really have no time to meet anyone?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hello everyone,

For Men- Photo taking and Editing Skill. How to decorate your Instagram.

I am very surprised that most photographers do not provide this service given that they should be the expert.

Or maybe most men are not smart enough to know they need to pay for this. But Okay paying thousands of dollar for wedding photography? But not investing on personal marketing on finding the partner? It really doesn’t make sense to me.

Most girls are quite sophisticated with these. I find the male-female skill gap astounding.

Pkluciano8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 26, 2021
Well, in my group of friends ( introverted it guys ) most of them don't do anything outside of work that involves other people. They favourite activities are playing video games, maybe reading a book or two or other hobies that they do alone at home. So for people like that the only place to meet people is at work and if you ain't got chemistry with anyone of the people you meet there then that's it. Not to mention starting a relationship with a coworker probably isn't the easiest most natural thing to do.
Hello Mike, thanks for your answer. So they have struggle how to meet new people outside their workplace. They don't see the opportunities that we have in our daily life. I wouldn't recommend to start a realationship with a coworker, it can happen, but most cases it's not getting well And there is this populare phase "don't f**** with the company.

Pkluciano8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 26, 2021
Can I still answer if I've already found my partner?

As a young-ish professional (27 now), I exclusively did my partner searches online. I had the most luck on Tinder, but online dating is definitely a crapshoot. The two biggest issues I guess I would have had were finding someone who was a good fit for me and making the time to search for someone.

I mitigated the first issue a lot by being very clear and specific with what I was looking for. I'd get rejected a lot (which is a good thing imo), but I had excellent experiences with those whose interests meshed with mine. As for the second issue, online dating solves that a lot, when you can just take a few minutes and move your finger across a screen and potentially meet someone that way.

Is your friend opposed to online dating? Do they have particularly high standards? Do they really have no time to meet anyone?
Yes of course, every feedback is welcome :)

I agree to some point the online dating. Online dating can be really challenging if you don't know what to do. Like how to write, which pictures you should put in etc. Big advantage is you can do it between the working hours.

It's very vital what you mentioned with to be very clear what somebody is looking for. I think many men are not clear about what they are searching for when it comes to dating.

Thank you for sharing your expierence :)

Pkluciano8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 26, 2021
For Men- Photo taking and Editing Skill. How to decorate your Instagram.

I am very surprised that most photographers do not provide this service given that they should be the expert.

Or maybe most men are not smart enough to know they need to pay for this. But Okay paying thousands of dollar for wedding photography? But not investing on personal marketing on finding the partner? It really doesn’t make sense to me.

Most girls are quite sophisticated with these. I find the male-female skill gap astounding.
Hello Kevin,

yes if you focus on online dating the pictures you choose are very important. Like on tinder, the first thing you see is the profilpicture. Paying for a photographer for some quality pictures is a good investment.

Ture story!

Thanks for your input :)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I can totally understand you, when everybody is moving away it's not really easy. To meet new people you have to get out of your comfort zone, and this can be a really good challenge. Have you something tried lately to change your situation?

Thanks for you honesty, I really appreciate it!
Definitely! It was a good topic too.

Im actually in a long term relationship so all good there, I meant finding friends and groups of people to hang out with. Mostly gotta just go to bars or see who’s in town through social media and stuff.

With Covid stuff, it’s especially hard to make new connections and hang out with people.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hello Kevin,

yes if you focus on online dating the pictures you choose are very important. Like on tinder, the first thing you see is the profilpicture. Paying for a photographer for some quality pictures is a good investment.

Ture story!

Thanks for your input :)
Online offer men chance to meet women who come with the same motive-interacting with the opposite gender for romance.

Even if it is an offline encounter people are still going to check out your social media. It is like a CV for personal branding. So having good photos are really important.

And it is not just about the quality of the photo. How do you want yourself to be been? What’s the background when the photo is taken? In a nice cafe eating good food? In your favorite car? With a group of friends sailing?...

Pkluciano8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 26, 2021
Hello everyone,

thank for you replys. There were some really good inputs here!

I got some results in my research, feel free to add or remove something from the following list. Every feedback is welcome.

- A big problem is they feel like they don't have enough time to date and don't know how to combine a woman with their busy lifestyle.

- Many overstimate how much time they need to dedicate to a woman.

- It's hard to find a partner who's carring and understanding the lifestyle of professional and supports them in hard times.

- Many think they have to go on hundreds of dates untill they find the one.

- Thinking that “once everything would be perfect” , then they'll have time to date.

- Think that they could only date women from their social settings/ circles.

- Thinking they have to be extroverted in order to meet new people.

- Many are feeling too tired after a hard day's work to go on dates.

- Some don't know how to make a woman interested in them.

- Many don't know how to get dates trough dating apps and how to settle a profil.

- Some don't feel confident enough and comparing themselves to others. Or they feel inexpierenced with women and therefore are afraid to take action.

- Some haven't a good realtionship to themselfs.

These are just a few insights I got. If some of the things I mentioned are applying, don't worry, every point above is fixable. And if someone feels offended, don't take things personal. Feel free to add or remove something from the list or give me your two cents.

Thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.