The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think is the most important skill?

Anything related to matters of the mind

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
What do you think is the #1 most important skill to be successful?

I get it, “success takes more than just 1 skill”, but if you had to choose 1 that you deem the most important what would it be?

I think the most important is effective communication skills

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England

I get it, “success takes more than just 1 skill”, but if you had to choose 1 that you deem the most important what would it be?

I think if you’re good at selling it’s a great skill and you’ll never be short of money.

However in the book the slight edge this sentence for me is the main difference between successful people and unsuccessful people.

“Successful people do whatever it takes to get the job done, whether or not they feel like it. They refuse to let themselves be swayed by their feelings, mood or attitude; they rule their lives by their philosophies and do whatever it takes to get the job done, whether they feel like it or not.”

roguehillbilly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 3, 2017
USA
Broad, vague question, but I'd vote the ability to learn. If you can learn quickly, you can learn any other skill and have it stick and be useful.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Belief. If you can't picture in your mind's eye that whatever it is that you want will become reality, it won't happen.

Behind every great figure in history was a powerful idea that fueled intense belief.

dmetts

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Feb 21, 2017
Atlanta

I agree. Communication - the ability to get your point across. Part of that is leadership, sales, and motivation.

I would think second would be creativity, the ability to see outside the box, see opportunities and make your own path.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Self control and sales

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
Hunger + persistence and I truly believe everything else falls into place. Not exactly what some would call a skill but rather an attitude.

The ability to learn is also a good one which was mentioned, but without a burning desire to get ahead in life, even the most efficient/best learner out there can fail if they're lazy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.