The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you guys think of this website?

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
The real question is whether they have the ability to overcome the basic paranoia that the typical user will have -- "do I trust a startup to access and store all my personal financial data?"
Yup, that's what I kept asking myself as I cruised the site.

Actually, it's not even the fact that it's a *startup*. Would I trust *anyone* to have all my financial data in one place?

Eventually, yes.

But today or next week?

Probably not.

That being said, though-- this is a great idea.

If they can address the security concerns, even if they go to pay for play, they'll have a HUGE market here.

HUGE as in tens of millions of people-- perhaps even more.

-Russ H.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I agree with the concern over divulging financial info and access. I like the concept, but it's a big leap.

Thanks for the "inside scoop" JScott, I know Intuit already handles sensitive information through Quickbooks and all, but that's on your computer, not a third party location. And I think your computer accesses your banking info to sync them if I'm not mistaken?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think its a great concept but far before its time. Like many capitalists on Sand Hill Road, they have great ideas to put forth that are targeted to the masses, yet, only attracts and ultimately consumed by early adopters.

Some great ideas never launch simply because the market isn't ready for it -- the market is 90% average joe and not tech savvy, early adopters. I think this is a good case.

I know I wouldn't use this service ... just yet - I feel rock-solid internet security is still an unsolved need.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I gave it a try -- Looked a like a good concept, and I've got fraud protection on all of my credit cards.... Welp, it's very clunky and it's now taken me about 20 minutes just to try to get 4 of my cards inputted. I've got about 10 cards that I may have in use at any given time, so this service would definitely not be for power users like myself.

It's also taking forever to connect to the banks and download the info. 80% of the time it does not work. No wonder the service is free -- looks like users of this service would be unpaid :banana:Beta testers...

- Hakrjak

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
Also I have multiple accounts at most banks (i.e. 5 at Chase, 3 with B of A, 5 with Amex) -- And I think the system gets confused when you have more than 1 account at a bank.

Oh well, maybe they will get better one day

-Hakrjak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shawn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 14, 2007
I think it's a good idea, but you are basically giving all your information out to them for free and you know nothing about them. What do you spend your money on and how much? That's invaluable market research and on an aggregate level that data alone would be worth billions to potential buyers of their company.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.