The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What books/reading materials made you take ACTION in 2014?

For any book discussion

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
I have read more Fastlane books this year than ever before and yet I have taken very little action.

I was inspired by @Kyle Tully words about taking action on the information you find.

__

"A few concepts that have proven useful for myself and a few people I've shared them with:

1. Just in time reading. That means reading only what you are going to implement right now.

2. 10x production vs consumption. If you read for an hour you should spend 10 hours implementing what you learned.

3. The $10,000 book. Many of the $10,000 seminars you see are little more than the creators original book expanded and explained. Save yourself the $10k and treat the book like you spent $10k on it. Rather than blasting through it in order to get to the next book why not slow down and take action on all the core points?"

---

The one example of taking action for in 2014. Was starting to lift weights. This blog post gave me the confidence to start. http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/201...witch-from-exercise-machines-to-free-weights/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlanJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 15, 2014
Some great ideas there, particularly the last one. With any book/seminar/product it's always good to pretend that you spent a large amount of money on it and therefore take more action.

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
The Millonaire Fastlane definetly, its a life changer book, one of a kind.
E-Myth help help me convert my job in to a real business and not a hobbie.
Delivering happiness help me focus in customer service (SUCS) .
The Power of Habbit for let me understand how to change bad habbits, and how to créate good ones.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Reading books for my passion(Fitness/health), and thinking "Why is there not 1 book that has everything that I want/need in it" and "I can do that better".

This is about the very saturated fitness industry....so many products out there and 99.99% of them are just....really really bad. I know 2 books so far that impressed me.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Reading books for my passion(Fitness/health), and thinking "Why is there not 1 book that has everything that I want/need in it" and "I can do that better".

This is about the very saturated fitness industry....so many products out there and 99.99% of them are just....really really bad. I know 2 books so far that impressed me.

Care to share the books and how they have impacted on your life? Might be useful for other members.

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun

I smell there an oportunity dont you?

why dont you write the best fitness book the next year... but wait... dont start the next year, start today!

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
I smell there an oportunity dont you?

why dont you write the best fitness book the next year... but wait... dont start the next year, start today!
That is exactly what I'm doing.

Forodstar said:
Care to share the books and how they have impacted on your life? Might be useful for other members.
Not sharing at the moment, until my own book is out, as my book is taking the idea of those 2 books combined and extending/improving upon it. don't want to be beaten by someone on here to publish it ^^ especially as a book like that is not out there yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.