The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Inuc

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
Funny enough I read almost 3 books (more if we include ebooks)... I try to read at least a chapter from each daily...

The autobiography of Malcom X
Eagles Cry
Unscripted (got it recently)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I've been playing around with the idea of using my free trial to Audible. They are giving me 2 credits during my trial period. If I'm working around the house, doing yard work, or on my commute, I'd like to fill it with listening to something productive, rather than listening to the same 5 songs played on repeat on the radio and podcasts are kind of getting worn out to me -- although I have really found anything new that I can get into. It'll also be a quicker and more convenient way to "read" so that I don't have to find time to sit down and focus on paper.

If I want to learn more about copywriting, like Cashvertising, would I still get the benefit of those books in audio form or is it something that should be visually read to pick up on the structures of the words?

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Reading general stuff right now, I feel literature and history are good tools to understand the world.

"War and Peace" Tolstoy
"The better angels of our nature" Pinker

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
It's been a month since I stopped reading and started taking solid action instead. Don't get me wrong, you can do both, I just decided to take a short reading break and dedicate my time to building business and learning as I go instead.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
Currently listening to Mindset by Carol Dweck...

Saw that suggested by James Clear yesterday. Can't be a coincidence; purchasing now

Finished Unscripted (5th time) and going to save it for when I'm doing chores. Moved back to Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin for my commute.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Dune by Frank Herbert

Seriously.... Stopped on page 100. Had a WTF?!?! moment. Then continued. So far it's been awesome.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Barking Up The Wrong Tree - Eric Barker.

If you like Tim Ferriss and his approach to identifying outliers and reverse engineering what they're doing to find success this book will appeal to you.

Disclaimer: I know Tim isn't the only one doing that, just likely to be one author many people will be aware of!

PatrickWho

Coffee-fueled Programmer
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 4, 2017
Canada
Folks, This Ain't Normal: A Farmer's Advice for Happier Hens, Healthier People, and a Better World

By Joel Salatin

Interesting read so far.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

If you like that book, you'll love the Great American Farm Tour on YouTube :) Justin Rhodes

As for myself, I'm nearly done Unscripted . I'll be going through TMF a second time after that.

Just finished:
- The Complete Software Developer's Career Guide - John Sonmez
- The End of Jobs - Taylor Pearson
- The Millionaire Fastlane

On deck:
- Expert Secrets - Russell Brunson
- The Millionaire Fastlane

Quick note, too, for those that find they aren't reading as much as they'd like: About 6 months ago I bought a Kindle so I could read at night. Best purchase ever.

I'm super busy with 3 kids and working during the day, but I hated reading on my phone at night because the light would bother my eyes and interrupt my sleep. The Kindle is much better on the eyes and it's claim that the light won't interrupt sleep seems to be legit.

They're pretty affordable.

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
Efficiency by Wallstplayboys is a great book for anyone whose looking for a framework to success. It's not a cheesy step by step book self help book either. You should check out their blog if you're unfamiliar with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
10 things on the current reading list:

1. War of Art (extremely quick read and all about how to destroy procrastination)
  2. Attention Merchants (how to on propoganda)
  3. Unscripted (4th time) (plan to read and audio book 10 times before taking a break on this)
  4. No by Jim Camp (his second book) (Best negotiating book I've EVER read)
  5. Perennial Seller
  6. Expert Secrets (2nd Time)
  7. How To Fail At Everything And Still Win Big (Scott Adams) (3rd time - rereading while waiting for "Win Bigly" to get to me on Oct 31st)
  8. No B.S. Sales and Marketing (Dan Kennedy) (Must read)
  9. Find Your Why
  10. Get Everything You Can Out Of All You've Got (2nd Time) (Must read)

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Saw that suggested by James Clear yesterday. Can't be a coincidence; purchasing now

Finished Unscripted (5th time) and going to save it for when I'm doing chores. Moved back to Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin for my commute.
Changed my life it did. Mindset. Hopefully you get as much out of it as I did.

Just read No interface is the best Interface.
Currently reading Design of Everyday Things and re-reading Thinking Fast and Slow.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
Recently finished Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1601630328/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Good read and advice you can immediately apply. Since I finished this book, I am working on rewording parts of my website to make it more appealing to future customers.

Today I started reading Think big by Donald Trump.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Just started Cold Hard Truth by Kevin O'Leary.

Finished Rich Habits by Thomas Corley and Sell or Be Sold by Grant Cardone earlier this month. Would recommend both.

Alexo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 1, 2016
Just finished Sapiens, A Brief History of Human Kind and Romanovs 1613-1918 by Simon Sebag, both great books if you are interested in these kinds of themes

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Currently finishing up UNSCRIPTED .
I'm going to be starting to make alot of cold calls starting next monday, was wondering if anyone had some good reading suggestions for this?

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
Deep work is a very good read I totally recommend it, other Cal Newport books are also very good in terms of improving productivity
Cal also wrote a booked called "So good they can't ignore you." Also very good. He comes from the mindset as MJ as in follow your passion is actually really bad advise. Focus on getting really good at something first and then the passion will follow. Cal also has some Ted talks you can get out. The interesting thing about him is he does not use a smart phone.

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
Currently finishing up UNSCRIPTED .
I'm going to be starting to make alot of cold calls starting next monday, was wondering if anyone had some good reading suggestions for this?
Check out Stephen Shiffman's book on cold calling. Short and easy read. Worth it. A guy by the name of Jeb Blount has written some books on the topic. I think his stuff is good, although I have not head any of his books.

stavedeve

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 27, 2017
Minneapaolis
10 things on the current reading list:

1. War of Art (extremely quick read and all about how to destroy procrastination)
  2. Attention Merchants (how to on propoganda)
  3. Unscripted (4th time) (plan to read and audio book 10 times before taking a break on this)
  4. No by Jim Camp (his second book) (Best negotiating book I've EVER read)
  5. Perennial Seller
  6. Expert Secrets (2nd Time)
  7. How To Fail At Everything And Still Win Big (Scott Adams) (3rd time - rereading while waiting for "Win Bigly" to get to me on Oct 31st)
  8. No B.S. Sales and Marketing (Dan Kennedy) (Must read)
  9. Find Your Why
  10. Get Everything You Can Out Of All You've Got (2nd Time) (Must read)
Nice looking book list. I'll put some of them on my list.

urianasi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Aug 17, 2017
US
I'm reading The startup owners manual by Steve Blank to replicate the process, and I'm already applying it in the real world.

Recommended.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I am reading Unscripted and starting "The Icarus Deception" by Seth Godin.

My roommate has a copy of "Expert Secrets" by Russell Brunson is it worth a read? @eliquid @PeterCastle

Definitely. I'm a big fan of Russell. Check out his podcasts (Marketing in your Car Archive, and Marketing Secrets).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.