The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC What books are you reading currently?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Arnie schwarzenegger - Total recall. Great book about focusing on your goals and the journey of Arnie from nobody body builder to superstar

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 18, 2018
New York
My Recent Recommendation
Atlas Shrugged
Book has some great parts no doubt, but way way way too long and she was in desperate need of a good editor.

I actually think her non-fiction is better and better explains Objectivism and really what points she is trying to get across in her books.

For this audience, I would recommend "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal" from Ayn Rand.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
Book has some great parts no doubt, but way way way too long and she was in desperate need of a good editor.

I actually think her non-fiction is better and better explains Objectivism and really what points she is trying to get across in her books.

For this audience, I would recommend "Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal" from Ayn Rand.
It could definitely stand a good cutting or two.

I’ll give your recommendation a look! I wasn’t sure if her nonfiction would be as interesting because while I found the story of Hank Rearden inspiring, I found that John Galt’s 60 page radio speech tended to drag. And thought that her nonfiction would be similar to that speech.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 18, 2018
New York
It could definitely stand a good cutting or two.

I’ll give your recommendation a look! I wasn’t sure if her nonfiction would be as interesting because while I found the story of Hank Rearden inspiring, I found that John Galt’s 60 page radio speech tended to drag. And thought that her nonfiction would be similar to that speech.
No it's more succinct and to the point than browbeating you.

Though I did love the train wreck part, Francisco d'Anconia, and Ragnar Danneskjöld characters and a few other things in it.

While I don't consider myself an Objectivist I do follow their movement quite a bit, and some things are on point in her philosophy. One thing for sure I've come to realize how much philosophy influences individuals and society.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia

I believe I've read everything she ever had published, the Virtue of Selfishness was a good short read.
That was when I was in my 20's, long ago. Not to be confused with The Art of Selfishness by David Seabury.

Brendan8450

Contributor
Jun 29, 2018
Leeds, UK
Any recommendations on the online business world ?
They are marketers. They sell to upsell and done.

Frank Kern did a dog business. Said he sold his business but only did digital products.
I do not claim to disclaim...but marketing is, simply put, exposure.

You wont get a better wanting of same dream community than here.

NETWORK

DustinG

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 28, 2011
Hi Dustin,
I'm on his Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs now! :)
How is Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs compared to the original book? If I'm going to read one book in the series, which one should it be? Miracle Morning Millionaires has good reviews too.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
"The Introvert Entrepreneur: Amplify Your Strengths and Create Success on Your Own Terms".

Seems promising.

Magica

PARKED
Aug 28, 2018
I've been reading some language-related books to improve my skills with words, and I'm adding Alexandra Casavant to my list. Her book The Voiceless Voice is a unique teacher about the power of words even when she uses fantasy setting. I'm sure it will make for an interesting read.

PizzaOnTheRoof

1,000 Miles To Go
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Man Up by Bedros Keullian

It's opened my eyes to some pretty great things about taking ownership of your circumstances and life.

Koen_88

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
Looking for a good fiction book to unwind with while going through Unscripted (which has been excellent thus far).
I found origin by Dan Brown a very good book to unwind, but it also mentions some possible uses of AI in the future and wil make your creative brain be amazed and open to new developments and insights, which is a good combo with unscripted on that part I think.

Olie Sins

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
World Wide
The Pre-foreclosure Real Estate Handbook, Frankie Orlando. I don't know how good the book is, but I do know it is teaching me tons of things I didn't know.

Dictionary of Real Estate Terms, (Barrons). Laugh if you may, but everyone starts somewhere. Everytime I come across a term I don't know, I am looking it up on here. I am wearing the cover off it right now.
No shit, the other day I was just wondering if such a book existed (and if it didn't I would be the one to write it lol). Will definitely be ordering Dictionary of Real Estate Terms.

Olie Sins

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
World Wide
Swith with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive
by Harvey Mackay

This guy learned from big business types, and worked with a lot of sports club owners. A good book to see how people operate on a 8-9 figure acquisition level.
Really want to read this one!

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller

Shoutout to @Readerly for the book rec on my progress thread. Pretty effective in giving direction to a customer-focused copy. I was returning back to being bogged down by the direct response classics principles lol.

I applied the stuff almost immediately on a prospect's website. It'll look a lot more better in no time!

It seems Miller has free stuff on his site like templates and all, but only if you put in your email for possible invites for upcoming courses. If you chose to throw in some dollars for the courses, I think it shouldn't be a bad investment.

Djinn91

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Mar 2, 2014
Munich, Germany
The Willpower Instinct by McGonigal (1 chapter per week)

The Power of Habit by Duhigg

Deri

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 13, 2016
Wales
An oldie.
You can if you think you can by Norman Vincent Peale.
I’m in three chapters.

GSF

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2012
Thick Face, Black Heart by Chin Ning Chu

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
"A Framework For Understanding Poverty" A Cognitive Approach.
Ruby K. Payne, Phd.

All I can say is WOW. This book is so insightful regarding the hidden rules between poverty, middle class and wealth classes. This book is geared mainly to educators, service providers, etc. but as an employer, I gained tremendous insight in the differences between the different 'castes' in our society. One key takeaway was that the maternal grandfather's occupation is a key predictor in intergenerational poverty.
(Hint: It is because the mother is so instrumental in the early nurturing of the child, and where do you think her access to knowledge and experiences came from?)

It's understanding oftentimes the 'why' we think in different classes, be it poverty, middle class or wealthy.

Highly recommended as to understanding self sabotage patterns and what it takes to break free of generational classes....

Rabby

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
@million$$$smile that sounds fascinating. The maternal grandfather makes a lot of sense too, and gives people somewhere to look for the root of mindset issues.

I'm listening to "This is Marketing" by Seth Godin. Short book, even if the narration is a little slow. I like the spirit of it, as I dislike "pump and dump" products, fake urgency, and high pressure sales.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock