• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Tired of broke bloggers giving you advice? Within minutes, get millionaire advice from real entrepreneurs who live the dream.

What books are you reading currently?

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Sparky, Aug 30, 2007.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Sparky

Sparky New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $64
    I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm working through:

Awaken the Giant Within
    - Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-ass ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

Thats it for my currently reading/unread stack next to my bed.

What are you reading?

2. phlgirl

phlgirl Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $142
    Currently reading - Succeed on Your Own Terms - by Herb Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney - only 50 pages into it but finding this book very inspiring and motivational.

Recently finished The Science of Getting Rich - by Wallace D. Wattles (2nd or 3rd read), The Millionaire Maker - by Loral Langemeier and, of course, Harry Potter! :)

Next in line.... Grow Rich with the Property Cycle - by Kieran Trass (have read this one before but time for a refresh - great perspective and would have good insight on the changes going on in today's market)

3. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $41
    Instant Systems (Bradley J. Sugars)

4. Analyzer

Analyzer Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $165
    Reading three books right now:

The Birth of Plenty : How the Prosperity of the Modern World was Created by William Bernstein
    Gold and Iron by Fritz Stern
    and
    Spook Country by William Gibson
    First two might be considered business related, third one not even close ;)

5. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $80
    This one appears fastlane, and the author is touring with "free" seminars through November at least.

http://www.billionaireintraining.net/

FT1 likes this.
  6. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $41
    Thanks for the link! He'll be in my neck of the woods in October.

All of his books are fastlane material. I plan on reading all of his books in the "Instant Success" series.

Speed added ++

casflow23 likes this.
  7. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $80
    :seeya: Thanks! Glad I could provide value!

8. kidgas

kidgas Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $53
    Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Van Tharp

9. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,558
    Nothing Down for the 2000's by Steve Allen.

Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins. (again! I read this one all the time!)

The Secret by ?

Sales Dogs by RD advisor.

I never get tired of learning!

10. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read The Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $213,863
    Admin Post
    Plug Your Book, Steve Weber
    Writing Non-Fiction, Dan Poynter
    Self-Publishing Manual, Dan Poynter
    Four Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss (Attempting to decipher if its slowlane, or fastlane.)

11. Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $258
    The Pre-foreclosure Real Estate Handbook, Frankie Orlando. I don't know how good the book is, but I do know it is teaching me tons of things I didn't know.

Dictionary of Real Estate Terms, (Barrons). Laugh if you may, but everyone starts somewhere. Everytime I come across a term I don't know, I am looking it up on here. I am wearing the cover off it right now.

Justin W. likes this.
  12. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $80
    I just picked it up too, and I'm not sure he's all that concerned with fastlane systems as much as he is time systems. I think he would be happy on a lot less than he actually makes as long as he could do the things he wants to do.

I just started it so my observation may be premature, but that's my impression so far. And dude seems to be time rich by the way he spends it.

13. ErikV10

ErikV10 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $57
    Raising the Bar

14. wildambitions

wildambitions Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $126
    Currently reading many books from RDPD. I usually have two books being read and 2-3 that I have on MP3 to listen to over and over on my way to and from my J.O.B.:
    Realestate Advantages
    ABC's to Realestate
    Who took my Money
    Cash Flow Quadrant
    Guide to Investing

That is the end of August and first two weeks of September list. I'm not sure what will be next.

15. NoMoneyDown

NoMoneyDown Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $66
    I am guilty of not having a lot of time set aside for reading, but I do have the following books nearby that I read when I can:

The Landlord's Troubleshooter - A friend let me borrow this. Not bad, but seems to contain about the same information that most other Landlord type of books have.

Retire Young, Retire Rich (Kiyosaki) - I've read this book from beginning to end about 5 times, and have skimmed through it another 10-15. It seems every time I read a page or two I find another nugget of information buried in the words.

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor (Keller) - The real estate investor's bible, if you ask me. Like RYRR above, I have read and skimmed through it multiple times and still find it a valuable tool for my real estate venture.

-- Steve

16. Onasip3

Onasip3 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $24
    Just started, "Nothing Down for the 2000's" by Robert Allen

Rob

17. xboxundone

xboxundone New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    currently reading - The Tipping point by Malcom Gladwell "how little things can make a big difference"

So far i really like it... talks aobut fads, diseases etc.. and how everything has a tipping point somewhere... and even for a business there is a point you can reach that your business will tip to succeed or fail or just be meger.

Justin W. and JustinBoshans like this.
  18. xboxundone

xboxundone New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $40
    I just posted a brief review about the book in this section. I thought it was a good read. makes you think outside the box. and i think it does apply to fastlane overall but the book is more geared towards someone getting out on there own and away from working for the man and having more free time to do what you want.

19. Satpoint

Satpoint PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $29
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sales-Dogs-Attack-Successful-Advisors/dp/0446678333"]Amazon.com: Sales Dogs : You Do Not Have to Be an Attack Dog to Be Successful in Sales (Rich Dad's Advisors series): Books: Blair Singer,Robert T. Kiyosaki[/ame]

Interesting read so far....

20. S928

S928 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $83
    The Millionaire Mind - Thomas Stanley - Very informative. States most are self-made entrepreneurs (go figure) and middle of the pack college graduates. Also, focuses on multi-millionaires instead of the "save your pennies next door millionaires".

Animal Farm - George Orwell - Next read. Should be fun and easy.

Awaken the Giant Within You - Anthony Robbins - Owned the book for years, yet still need to read it. Time to go grab it.

:icon_super:

21. Merkin Man

Merkin Man Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $138
    I think I may be reading too many books right now and not taking enough action...in any event, this is what I have on my plate currently -

Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller; Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins; a book about the law of attraction, forget the author's name (not The Secret or the book by Wattles); and on audio I just finished listening to Culture Warrior by Bill O'reilly.

I tend to read about 150-200 pages of a book and then put it down and move onto another one, rarely finding my way back to the first. Hopefully I finish these ones.

22. Merkin Man

Merkin Man Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $138
    How is this book?

23. Legacy Dad

Legacy Dad New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $38
    I try to read one book per month in the following areas:

Marriage/Parenting
    Finance/ Business
    Self Development

I download audio books from audible.com and subscribe to Soundview Executive Business Summaries to try to squeeze in more.

My current Finance/ Business reads are:

Integrity-The Courage To Meet The Demands Of Reality by Henry Cloud

and I am re-reading

The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene one chapter per month to absorb it better.

Lance

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  24. gita73

gita73 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $38
    The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings - Steve Burgess
    Next on my list is Vollucci's How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings

Ronnie Bryan likes this.
  25. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $148
    Those two are on my list to read. They'll be next, along with Getting Started with Options.

Ronnie Bryan likes this.