The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

deliux

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
May 21, 2021
"Never split the difference - negotiate if your life depends on it" by Chitopher Voss

I am listening 2nd time it one of the best books of technical things not general concepts. Highly recommend!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Metz

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 12, 2019
NW Washington
Because I realized I'm kinda hot garbage at sales (at least for my own stuff; for some reason, I manage to do really well helping clients market and sell their stuff), I'm reading "Triggers" by Joseph Sugarman every night before bed.

Not sure what I'll read after that. Potentially re-read Unscripted if I can't think of anything specific by then. Been watching a lot of interesting sales, writing, design, and even neuroplasticity courses on Udemy though too.

TheFrancophile

Contributor
Feb 5, 2017
Lyon, France
These days, I'm reading a huge book titled Le Grand Livre de la Vente (The Great Book on Sales) by Nicolas Caron and Frédéric Vendoeuvre. It covers all aspects of sales from research and prospecting to the actual sales meetings/pitching, closing, and maintaining positive customer relations.

It really deserves an English translation, though it was written (primarily) for French salespeople.

Next up will be Peter Lynch's Beating Wall Street.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read Rat-Race Escape!
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Just finished Attitude is everything by Jeff Keller and loved it! One of those rare books that I will be reading once a year as a refresher

tonibob

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jun 22, 2020
London
Really enjoying this, funny stuff, practical, and a great way to navigate meditation if you are still learning its practice.

View attachment 38781

Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-to Book: Harris, Dan, Warren, Jeffrey, Adler, Carlye: 9780399588945: Amazon.com: Books
I am a bit of sceptic as well, went to Thailand to a 10 days silent retreat, but didn't manage to learn a single thing. Isn't he the brother of Sam Harris? Has it helped you MJ?

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2021
India
I am a bit of sceptic as well, went to Thailand to a 10 days silent retreat, but didn't manage to learn a single thing. Isn't he the brother of Sam Harris? Has it helped you MJ?
contrary to the popular belief, no, he is not Sam Harris' brother. Both are extremely different, yet very wise when it comes to meditation.

gabrielrlopez

PARKED
Jul 6, 2021
Denver, CO
Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to see if anyone would care to throw some good reads or content to learn and familiarize myself with finance fundamentals if you can say my way. (I know nothing) and of course SCRIPTED agenda FREE!

Thanks in advance :smile2:

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Pricing is a mindblower... You can take your profits and double them in a short amount of time in some cases... These are three books that I skimmed through that provided value (I bought more than 3, but these made an impact. Setting aside for a deep dive sometime)

Rating,so far..
1st pick is the one on the left,
2nd pick, middle
3rd pick, right

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_180535245.jpg
    IMG_20210718_180535245.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 27

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well! Just wanted to see if anyone would care to throw some good reads or content to learn and familiarize myself with finance fundamentals if you can say my way. (I know nothing) and of course SCRIPTED agenda FREE!

Thanks in advance :smile2:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1983272299/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20
This book has taught me to think in an entirely new way, I think if you read this book you wouldn't need to learn a lot of things about finances (in the traditional sense) as he teaches you how to think above that level, if that makes sense..

Tyrant

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 2, 2020
Norway
I'm currently reading (The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide ) by Rob Anthony O'Rourke or Fox. As I'm about 65% through his book I can confidently say his book was worth my time. Even though I've only gone through the mindset section I find it incredible how much value you can actually get from those simple concepts your not a web designer but a PROBLEM SOLVER. The best thing about his book is that it clearly shows you the difference between someone who is a problem solver and one who isn't. I believe it's a valuable book for anyone who thinks of using web design to jumpstart your path. The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide by Rob Anthony O'Rourke is a 10/10 book for me as I got actual value from it.

71eAiahSisL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

Tiago

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 22, 2014
I was growing tired of business books, so back into the fiction world. Just read the Lord of the Rings trilogy again, and currently reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series. It is amazing, same level as Tolkien's world.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I'm currently reading (The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide ) by Rob Anthony O'Rourke or Fox. As I'm about 65% through his book I can confidently say his book was worth my time. Even though I've only gone through the mindset section I find it incredible how much value you can actually get from those simple concepts your not a web designer but a PROBLEM SOLVER. The best thing about his book is that it clearly shows you the difference between someone who is a problem solver and one who isn't. I believe it's a valuable book for anyone who thinks of using web design to jumpstart your path. The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide by Rob Anthony O'Rourke is a 10/10 book for me as I got actual value from it.

View attachment 38987

Great to hear that you are liking it!

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Think like a monk by Jay Shetty and so far it's been great. About 40 pages in

The only thing that stays with you from the moment you’re born until the moment you die is your breath. All your friends, your family, the country you live in, all of that can change. The one thing that stays with you is your breath. When you get stressed - what changes? Your breath. When you get angry - what changes? Your breath. We experience every emotion with the change of the breath. When you learn to navigate and manage your breath, you can navigate any situation in life

Keep a tally of every criticism you speak or think. For each one, write down ten good things about the person. When you stop feeling so curious about others’ misfortunes and instead take pleasure in their successes, you’re healing

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2021
India
I've only read MJ's masterpieces. That's the best accident that happened to me. Now I feel like I'm not reading any other book unless it's recommended by MJ or someone on the forum.

Any recommendations?

Books I've read:
- The Millionaire Fastlane (Best mistake)
- Unscripted
- How to win friends and influence people (need to consciously apply the techniques)
- Famous Five by Enid Blyton (Bought it at a book fair)
Personality isn’t permanent is a great book recommended by MJ. Another one if you’re interested in entrepreneurship would be ‘How I built this ‘ by Guy Raz.

ronlugo

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 26, 2021
"Never split the difference - negotiate if your life depends on it" by Chitopher Voss

I am listening 2nd time it one of the best books of technical things not general concepts. Highly recommend!
Agree, that was a great book.

JohnMedeiros

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 27, 2021
Cape Cod, MA
Some recent reads:
  • Authentic: A Memoir by the Founder of Vans - Paul Van Doren
  • Billion Dollar Brand Club: The Rebel Startups Disrupting Industry Empires - Lawrence Ingrassia
  • Anything You Want: 40 Lessons for a New Kind of Entrepreneur - Derek Sivers
  • Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World - Scott Harrison
  • Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less - Greg McKeown
  • What Are the Odds? From Crack Addict to CEO - Mike Lindell

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2021
India
Think like a monk by Jay Shetty and so far it's been great. About 40 pages in

The only thing that stays with you from the moment you’re born until the moment you die is your breath. All your friends, your family, the country you live in, all of that can change. The one thing that stays with you is your breath. When you get stressed - what changes? Your breath. When you get angry - what changes? Your breath. We experience every emotion with the change of the breath. When you learn to navigate and manage your breath, you can navigate any situation in life

Keep a tally of every criticism you speak or think. For each one, write down ten good things about the person. When you stop feeling so curious about others’ misfortunes and instead take pleasure in their successes, you’re healing
It's just a collection of his podcast episodes, summarised in the form of a book. Although I hate to admit some of that stuff does work, while most of them don't.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2014
Netherlands

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
The new program website is live with a deal from now till the end of October...
MARKETPLACE Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
For those who are just seeing this, there are currently a total of 15 live courses and 1...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom