The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are your thoughts on making apps as a fastlane?

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

Jbrow327

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 22, 2022
Do these udemy courses look good?

Is seems like the instructor's walk you through the courses and help you get your apps on the app store. Is this a good way to provide value and make money? I will be using price as my main value skew.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Do these udemy courses look good?

Is seems like the instructor's walk you through the courses and help you get your apps on the app store. Is this a good way to provide value and make money? I will be using price as my main value skew.
What exactly are you planning to do once you learn how to make an Android app?

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Put it in the app store
Hoo boy.

Look, I appreciate that you want to make some money. That ain't the way. There's about 3 million apps in the Play Store right now. Somewhere around 93% of them are FREE. Price is not a value skew in the general app market.

If you have an interest in being an app developer outside of the potential profit motive, there's a lot of opportunity there. But you need to have a goal in mind, and that goal needs to be delivering a specific value to a specific segment of people. Building apps is a means to an end; you need to figure out the end before you worry about the means.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Building apps is a means to an end; you need to figure out the end before you worry about the means.
Hey

I don't make apps but I think this is great.

I use apps on android and I think these are important.

What problem does the app solve? Who does the app help? How does it help better than anything else? Why should someone use it?

I have been looking for an app for book publishing on android and I have failed to get one. KDP and Play Books have refused to work on my phone.

Randomise more and the number of those in my position grows.

I am nnot saying designing and developing another book publisher for android is a great business venture.

I am just saying people download apps to solve a problem they have. Maybe the old ones are unsatisfactory. Maybe they suck in some way. Maybe they aren't there.

And so forth.

I am not an app developer.

Solve problems.

Jbrow327

Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Dec 22, 2022
Hoo boy.

Look, I appreciate that you want to make some money. That ain't the way. There's about 3 million apps in the Play Store right now. Somewhere around 93% of them are FREE. Price is not a value skew in the general app market.

If you have an interest in being an app developer outside of the potential profit motive, there's a lot of opportunity there. But you need to have a goal in mind, and that goal needs to be delivering a specific value to a specific segment of people. Building apps is a means to an end; you need to figure out the end before you worry about the means.
You're right. I guess the only way it would be profitable in this case is by allowing ads on the apps which generat revenue. Then if people wanted an ad free version I could charge 5 or so dollars per month for that.

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
You're right. I guess the only way it would be profitable in this case is by allowing ads on the apps which generat revenue. Then if people wanted an ad free version I could charge 5 or so dollars per month for that.
My dude, you are so wildly missing the point here.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
My dude, you are so wildly missing the point here.

I'm tempted to point him in the right direction by asking 'What problem will your app solve?' but I'm afraid he might say 'my financial problem'

Skroob

FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
I'm tempted to point him in the right direction by asking 'What problem will your app solve?' but I'm afraid he might say 'my financial problem'
I had about half of a much larger post written before I realized I was wasting my time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.