The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are You Excited About?

OneLife

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 8, 2019
Israel
Last saturday I had a cool spontaneous experience that left a mark on me. A Friend hit me up on 9pm, I'm basically half dead at this point, asking me if I want to drive with him and 2 more girls to basically the other side of the country for a road trip until the day after.

Literally a 15 minute notice lol. Said F*ck it, we drove. Had the time of my life. It felt like I was in a dream and that I was there for about a week, but actually I was just there for 12 hours.

It made me experience the very thing I am going after - Freedom & Experience. I'm in this to have freedom to do whatever I want, travel the world & explore with cool people.

When I got home I was kind of down / sad since this isn't my reality yet and I don't have the option to do this whenever I want to. so I felt half inspired half slap in the face

Time to build the life of my dreams hehe

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I'm excited because I recently realized how EXTREMELY wealthy I actually am.

And no, I didn't sign a client for 10 bajillion dollars nor did I invest in an NFT..

I'm talking about the fact that I spend 95.83% of my day doing whatever I want.

I work for just 1 hour per day. That's it.

And even though I am "only" among the top 20% of the highest earners in my country, when it comes to owning my TIME I'm probably in the top 0.0001%!

I am not employed. I work with 8 figure businesses and control the quality and results my clients get because I don't outsource my work.

I've got results and I've got leverage. So much so that I wouldn't be too upset if my clients cut relations with me tomorrow because I know I'll find even better ones fairly quickly.

I am finding meaning and purpose in a bunch of side activities and hobbies.

And I will 100% continue to push for more and more. But NEVER again at the expense of my time.

P.S. And I owe it ALL to our community here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
What have you been excited about recently?

Are you moving to a new cool place? Excited about new opportunities in your industry? Learning about a new business idea? Discovered a new fun passion? About to begin a new workout regime? Testing a new diet? Traveling to a new area or country? Found a new cool website, watched an awesome movie, listened to some great music, met a cool inspiring person? Whatever it is, feel free to share it here.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I got a few items in no particular order:
  • I’ve been doing Wim Hoff stuff and just got to 60 push-ups on one breath - small win but happy.
  • Cold showers are pretty much normal for me now.
  • Met some new investors for my business (finally meeting billionaire types, which is surreal for someone like me). Very exciting and scary.
  • My kid is soon to walk, I can just see it coming! Super exciting.
I am generally a very positive person, so I could probably go on and on and on... won't bore you guys too much and stop at this :).

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'm a highly excitable person. I thrive on accomplishment both large and small. Perfect pancakes, personal affairs in order, large chunks of money, success in relationships, long term projects at completion, winning sports competitions etc.

I've had decent success at making money but greater success with sports teams both participating and as a coach. I once took a group of 11 and 12 year old allstar girls into a boys soccer tournament. We won! Talk about euphoria.

Played many years of softball. Had a coed team that played at the highest level in Arizona. We would usually win our leagues and tournaments. I was over 50 at the time.

Extreme runner as well. Placed 16th out of thousands of runners in a major marathon at the age of 49. Set running records in high school (before I got kicked out).

You know my business successes and downfalls. Euphoria and depression. Extended highs and lows. Life remains interesting this way.

I don't do anything part way. Very intense individual with many personal altercations.

I also value personal time and hobbies.

I've been ill for the past few years and have had to give up some of the sports. Replaced them with other activities.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
I've been toying with Compute Shaders for the past few weeks and it is absolutely the coolest thing I've ever played with in terms of writing software. I create brand new kernels using my GPU, and assign custom functions to each microprocessor in my graphics card. These custom functions look at an initial grid of randomly generated numbers, and based on the values of neighboring grid-cells, the microprocessors change each others values and render a new texture. The algorithm then repeats this process frame by frame, as many steps by frame as I assign.

This algorithm is called Cyclic Cellular Automata and it creates fantastical shapes. One step further is using this concept to mimic Physarum (slime mold) growth patterns to simulate even crazier shapes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RKOPrqfuA
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9RKOPrqfuA

To take things to another level, I just went ahead and purchased a Ryzen 5950x, RTX3090, 128gb DDR4 ram, 4tb nvme SSD BEAST of a pc. The builder sent me the below teaser photo to get my juices running. Cannot wait to receive this bad boy in the mail.

Will be using this guy to render cool generative art!

1630011488184.png

Omsubedi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 25, 2021
Maryland
What have you been excited about recently?

Are you moving to a new cool place? Excited about new opportunities in your industry? Learning about a new business idea? Discovered a new fun passion? About to begin a new workout regime? Testing a new diet? Traveling to a new area or country? Found a new cool website, watched an awesome movie, listened to some great music, met a cool inspiring person? Whatever it is, feel free to share it here.
I get excited and grateful about simple items, and it doesn't have to be like winning a powerball. Below are few:
1. I have running water, electricity, fully functional car etc, very loving and supportive family members. My son is approaching 2 years, and can walk and talk.
2. Have read all 3 MJs books, and have created 1-5-10 plannacy and I am working towards it. This is first year in progress, 30 days Work in progress to be precise. I have above average paying job, and I am always striving to contribute more whenever and wherever I can.
3. There are more people in the country and in the world that would be more than happy to swap place with me than other way around. In my opinion Majority of people dissatisfaction comes from not recognizing what they have and only thinking on what they don't.
As MJ mentioned in the Great Rat Race Escape , I have gone thru similar depressing circumstances in life. On top of it, I grew up in a refugee camp, solely relying on donated food clothing and shelter. Often due to lack of donors, I had worn a single part of clothes for years with multiple stitching until you cannot stich any further. Have been without food for days, have to sleep in rain with simply a plastic sheet as a blanket and on a thin bed made from bamboo with no matress in winter. Have faced discriminatory situation fairly similar to what African American people faced during pre-Lincoln Era (with exception of Slavery).
4. I believe there's always a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I'm doing something that's been super fun lately.

Do you remember how in the past it was very normal to know your neighbors, and there was a stronger sense of community? I feel like nowadays that's not always the case. Sometimes people don't even know who's living next door.

So I set out to change that.

I've printed over 600 invitations, went door to door and delivered them. The invitation is to a dinner at my house, for neighbors, once a month.

People are reacting very positively. Almost every day I get a message saying "Oh my god this is great, I'm in!".

Just yesterday held the second dinner. It's great to be building these relationships, connecting people between each other and creating a stronger community.

People already said that one day I'll be interviewed on TV or do a TED talk about it hahah.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Booked tickets to Madeira for a week. Warm weather, beautiful coasts, surfing, world-class hiking. Should be awesome.

It's been a long time since I've last been this excited. :)

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
My kids are growing so fast. I can carry on near adult level conversations with my 4 yr old daughter. She's almost 5, almost 15.

I've been marvelling lately at how far I've come in personal growth in the last few years. I feel like the same me I've always been, but I also feel better than I've been. Its cool. I'm seeking out leadership type opportunities and getting more plugged into my community.

I want to give a shout out to @Kak for his speech at the Summit last year. The content was mostly, as you might imagine, about thinking bigger. If you want big wealth, solve big problems.

But what I got out of it was a personal responsibility message. If you see a problem you can solve, and you don't solve it, you are doing a disservice to yourself, your community, the world. It was a more practical way of saying "Be the change you want to see in the world" which never really resonated with me as anything more than froo froo thinking.

Maybe that message wasn't intentional, or maybe it was, but that's what I got out of it.

I've always been a problem solver. But I used to hate it, especially if the problem is "dumb". "Why can't someone else just fix this? Why do I have to be the one?"

His message made me much more of an intentional, empowered problem solver as opposed to a disgruntled, reluctant problem solver.

Anyways, since the summit I've been solving problems and helping people solve problems, which frankly, has me pretty excited about life. Maybe someday I'll find a big problem I feel up to tackling, but until then I'm pretty happy with where things are headed...

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
@MTF

I asked Jarvis to write about things a person could be excited about each day and here is what I got:

“What are you excited about today?

Every day, there's always something to be ecstatic about. Something in your life to look forward to and be happy for. It doesn't even have to be a big event or momentous occasion; it could just be the smell of fresh laundry or coffee in the morning that gets your mood going. It could be the face of someone you love when they walk through the door, or a long lunch break to relax and recharge. It can be anything, really!”

I’m still excited about using Jarvis ;)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
(Temporarily) moving to the Canary Islands in a week :D :D :D (staying there until roughly at least mid December). Starting with Fuerteventura, then Lanzarote, and finally Gran Canaria.

Already booking surf coaching, a freediving course, and a survival course for surfers. Really missed all the growth opportunities living by the ocean provides.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
-to buy my second home/acreage on some kind of tax efficient island

-to dominate prime time radio with capitalism

-to homeschool/raise/bless my son with a bunch of money

-to make the world a better place with a shit load of mutual exchanges

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm excited by how many big opportunities there are in 2021. You can connect with people all over the planet and accomplish some really cool projects - make money, create digital and real communities, and make great friendships. Jet skis are also awesome, and I look forward to hitting 70+ miles per hour on the water again soon.

There has never been a better time to be alive - don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
But what I got out of it was a personal responsibility message. If you see a problem you can solve, and you don't solve it, you are doing a disservice to yourself, your community, the world. It was a more practical way of saying "Be the change you want to see in the world" which never really resonated with me as anything more than froo froo thinking.

@BizyDad @Kak - this is a great message. It's also a nod to the power of discomfort. Because often when you do see a problem that you can solve, it'll not be the comfortable "sit on the couch, drink beer, watch netflix until brain fog sits in" existence. It will be the opposite. It will be uncomfortable. It will likely be hard and a lot of work. But at the end, you'll be a better version of you. Your community will be better. And what's the world if not for a collection of communities (but always fighting with each other lol)?

Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.Margaret Thatcher

This is probably why I'm usually in a positive mood and ready to get going each day. For me, each day starts at zero. And I am very excited about that. What am I going to do today that'll move me closer to some desired outcome? How does it fit within my own vision and annual plan? I enjoy examining my own life and choosing the course. Then each day, week, month, year ... it's new, it's exciting, there is so much to do - so much to look forward to!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Excited to be enjoying a little time off reading a book at a retro themed coffee shop before ferry home.
6016E113-47AD-4F5F-8DB0-0ECC133A25B2.jpeg
image.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm just not an excitable person by nature. I find it very hard to express excitement externally. I'm pretty sure it sometimes disappoints people who don't know me well but that's how it is for me. It probably limits the happiness I can feel but well...
I’m not excitable either. I don’t think excitement and happiness are related.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I decided to post this thread because excitement is mostly lacking in my life. I'm looking for inspiration. :)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I started listening to "Who not How" on Audible and am excited to try a few more things to free up time.

Jarvis has been a time saver with a bonus of better quality output from me. The next question is, can I take it even further and free up more time with a ghost-writer?

How far can I take this concept?

And magnesium! :)

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
I'm excited because I recently realized how EXTREMELY wealthy I actually am.

And no, I didn't sign a client for 10 bajillion dollars nor did I invest in an NFT..

I'm talking about the fact that I spend 95.83% of my day doing whatever I want.

I work for just 1 hour per day. That's it.

And even though I am "only" among the top 20% of the highest earners in my country, when it comes to owning my TIME I'm probably in the top 0.0001%!

I am not employed. I work with 8 figure businesses and control the quality and results my clients get because I don't outsource my work.

I've got results and I've got leverage. So much so that I wouldn't be too upset if my clients cut relations with me tomorrow because I know I'll find even better ones fairly quickly.

I am finding meaning and purpose in a bunch of side activities and hobbies.

And I will 100% continue to push for more and more. But NEVER again at the expense of my time.

P.S. And I owe it ALL to our community here.

Perspective right? How blessed and grateful we can be to be in this place we're in now. Love the share, thank you.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Definitely intentional
Wasn't sure if I was misremembering, but I thought so. Just didn't want to put words in your mouth. Thanks again. I was talking to a brother this morning at breakfast and sharing some pearls about leadership that I got out of your talk.

I'm doing something that's been super fun lately.

Do you remember how in the past it was very normal to know your neighbors, and there was a stronger sense of community? I feel like nowadays that's not always the case. Sometimes people don't even know who's living next door.

So I set out to change that.

I've printed over 600 invitations, went door to door and delivered them. The invitation is to a dinner at my house, for neighbors, once a month.

People are reacting very positively. Almost every day I get a message saying "Oh my god this is great, I'm in!".

Just yesterday held the second dinner. It's great to be building these relationships, connecting people between each other and creating a stronger community.

People already said that one day I'll be interviewed on TV or do a TED talk about it hahah.
This is great. I've been thinking to do something like this too. Reading your note, I decided to pull the trigger.

Life remains interesting this way.
So few people appreciate the long downs, but I completely agree. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one...

Wow, this is powerful stuff. Great thought process!
Agreed. I'll take none of the credit, I'm just parroting what Kak shared that day.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wasn't sure if I was misremembering, but I thought so. Just didn't want to put words in your mouth. Thanks again. I was talking to a brother this morning at breakfast and sharing some pearls about leadership that I got out of your talk.
I’m going to recreate that speech for my radio audience on Monday. I just looked at my notes and it’s good stuff.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm on vacation on Madeira (actually about to leave tomorrow which makes me sad but that's another topic).

Today I surfed on waves at the upper limit of my comfort zone, roughly chest to shoulder high.

Sketchy at first to get into the water off a rocky beach and get used to the size of the waves but then much better.

I've surfed every single day since I arrived here (with the help of a local coach, an excellent surfer with 28 years of experience surfing and an inspiring guy in general) and it's been great for improving my skills.

Surfing is a hugely exciting thing for me and one of the reasons why I'm looking for a second home is to be able to live by the ocean. It's very hard to have a bad day when you start it with a nice surf session. :)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Last saturday I had a cool spontaneous experience that left a mark on me. A Friend hit me up on 9pm, I'm basically half dead at this point, asking me if I want to drive with him and 2 more girls to basically the other side of the country for a road trip until the day after.

Literally a 15 minute notice lol. Said f*ck it, we drove. Had the time of my life. It felt like I was in a dream and that I was there for about a week, but actually I was just there for 12 hours.

It made me experience the very thing I am going after - Freedom & Experience. I'm in this to have freedom to do whatever I want, travel the world & explore with cool people.

When I got home I was kind of down / sad since this isn't my reality yet and I don't have the option to do this whenever I want to. so I felt half inspired half slap in the face

Time to build the life of my dreams hehe

That's a cool story, thank you for sharing! Few people would have the guts to do this so hats off.

Decided to expand my business model by targeting another niche group within the industry. Something that seems pretty obvious can sometimes take time for it to "click" as an opportunity. Excited to talk with these new groups of people and see how I can help them.

It can definitely be exciting to find something hiding in plain sight which I assume might have been the case for you.

Am scheduled to go back to the U.S. this holiday season, after not being there since holiday season 2019. Clearly a lot has happened since then, and depending who you ask, it's best not to go back, but it's still home and can't wait to see friends I haven't seen in years.

Are you moving back there permanently or just for the holiday season?

At this point, problem-solving has become more satisfying than feeling inspired to do something creative. At some point, as achieving more freedom, this will change.

I guess that probably most of excitement in life comes from some type of problem solving.

I’ve been doing Wim Hoff stuff and just got to 60 push-ups on one breath - small win but happy.

Wow, that's crazy. I doubt I could do 60 push-ups in a row, let alone on one breath.

I am generally a very positive person, so I could probably go on and on and on... won't bore you guys too much and stop at this :).

I don't find it boring :)

One thing not discussed too much when it come to business, or anything good in life, is that excitement or enthusiasm is a vital ingredient for success! When you have that feeling things happen! When you don't the reverse is true. I can empathize with people who who don't have it, do to bad experiences or no experience. There's a lot that can bring you down in this life. However, I have found that if you try with earnest things do go your way. It's not always easier said than done.

I'm just not an excitable person by nature. I find it very hard to express excitement externally. I'm pretty sure it sometimes disappoints people who don't know me well but that's how it is for me. It probably limits the happiness I can feel but well...

This may also be a cultural thing. I've noticed that people from the US are way more excitable and overall "giddy" than people from Europe.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Do you have space for 600 people? :)
We invited neighbors and friends over all the time until C0VlD hit, it's been pretty boring/lonely lately. I've been talking to my wife about having people over again and this is a great idea.
I just wondered if you were out in the woods or something with enough space to have such a big gathering.
Obviously, we could start with 5~10 neighbors and their kids, which would be more than enough to overwhelm my wife.

No, what I do is I send those invitations over, with my WhatsApp number. People confirm their interest, and I add them to a waiting list.

Once a month I host a dinner at my house for 6-8 people. So a week prior to the dinner, I send out a few messages and whoever replies first gets a seat at the table.

Two days ago had our third dinner. It's been amazing, creating some awesome connections and friendships.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Decided to expand my business model by targeting another niche group within the industry. Something that seems pretty obvious can sometimes take time for it to "click" as an opportunity. Excited to talk with these new groups of people and see how I can help them.

Am scheduled to go back to the U.S. this holiday season, after not being there since holiday season 2019. Clearly a lot has happened since then, and depending who you ask, it's best not to go back, but it's still home and can't wait to see friends I haven't seen in years.

D

Deleted85763

That's a cool story, thank you for sharing! Few people would have the guts to do this so hats off.

It can definitely be exciting to find something hiding in plain sight which I assume might have been the case for you.

Are you moving back there permanently or just for the holiday season?

I guess that probably most of excitement in life comes from some type of problem solving.

Wow, that's crazy. I doubt I could do 60 push-ups in a row, let alone on one breath.

I don't find it boring :)

This may also be a cultural thing. I've noticed that people from the US are way more excitable and overall "giddy" than people from Europe.
"I'm just not an excitable person by nature. I find it very hard to express excitement externally."

That's why I also used the word "enthusiasm". Whatever you call it, you must be highly interested to anything to work well. Have you been successful running your own business? I started off with a great outlook and did well but then that was not enough to get it to another level. When I jumped in with enthusiasm it did. That's how I discovered what worked for me and then I compared it others who succeed and that was the common ingredient, plus selling something.

"I've noticed that people from the US are way more excitable and overall "giddy" than people from Europe."

Europeans, Northern, are much more even tempered but do have enthusiasm, lots of it. I have never seen such a people relish the simple chores of life as well as the pleasures of life so intensely. They aren't loud and "giddy" but like I said it's not that, it's an intense interest, whatever you call it.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
I get excited and grateful about simple items, and it doesn't have to be like winning a powerball. Below are few:
1. I have running water, electricity, fully functional car etc, very loving and supportive family members. My son is approaching 2 years, and can walk and talk.
2. Have read all 3 MJs books, and have created 1-5-10 plannacy and I am working towards it. This is first year in progress, 30 days Work in progress to be precise. I have above average paying job, and I am always striving to contribute more whenever and wherever I can.
3. There are more people in the country and in the world that would be more than happy to swap place with me than other way around. In my opinion Majority of people dissatisfaction comes from not recognizing what they have and only thinking on what they don't.
As MJ mentioned in the Great Rat Race Escape , I have gone thru similar depressing circumstances in life. On top of it, I grew up in a refugee camp, solely relying on donated food clothing and shelter. Often due to lack of donors, I had worn a single part of clothes for years with multiple stitching until you cannot stich any further. Have been without food for days, have to sleep in rain with simply a plastic sheet as a blanket and on a thin bed made from bamboo with no matress in winter. Have faced discriminatory situation fairly similar to what African American people faced during pre-Lincoln Era (with exception of Slavery).
4. I believe there's always a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

You need to chime in on the "I hate my country" threads popping up here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.