The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the best ways to get eyes on your product?

Marketing, social media, advertising

jfny

Oh it's coming. Just wait.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Apr 23, 2016
So I recently attended a real estate seminar to try and network with some people from my area. A few people were giving talks about tools that they have used to help them with this or that. During one of their talks I had this "Aha" moment, where an idea hit me for a service that to my knowledge, nobody out there is providing thus far. After going home and trying to figure out if there was a reason nobody has been providing this service, I concluded that it wasn't because it wouldn't be a great tool to have, but because apparently nobody has yet thought of it. On top of that, there is a pretty solid exit strategy.

I'm not going to tell you exactly what that idea is, in its simplest form, it would be a website that does some of the work for you, faster, more efficiently, and for less money. I guessing if I really went at it, even though I have a pretty restricted schedule right now, that I could have the website coded, and running within a month or so.

I've built websites before and I am familiar with Google Adwords, Facebook ads, etc. But I also know that unless you have a very high daily budget for those methods, it can take a decent amount of time to grow a customer base. I am trying to brain storm a few different approaches to make a lot of people aware of a product's existence, in a very short amount of time, while trying to do it as inexpensively as possible. (Aren't we all) I'm trying to follow a lean startup type approach. I know I can email bloggers in my niche and get them to do an article and push it out to their followers. I asked a marketer I know what sort of tricks they use for stuff like this, and was told about a time they had to come up with a marketing campaign for a new line of men's bath soap. They gathered up a bunch of "very handsome muscular men", covered them in dirt, and stuck them in the middle of times square next to a portable shower with a sign that said "wash me". They had their logo plastered everywhere. It cost them a few thousand dollars but they ended up gaining news coverage with got them a lot of attention. Those are the kind of outside the box ideas that you need. (Although I don't think placing half naked men in New York City would really work for this idea.)

So for my question, I am curious what lesser known ways you guys are aware of to make a splash and get the word out there, in preparation for the launch of your product. Let me hear some ideas. Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I recently attended a real estate seminar to try and network with some people from my area. A few people were giving talks about tools that they have used to help them with this or that. During one of their talks I had this "Aha" moment, where an idea hit me for a service that to my knowledge, nobody out there is providing thus far. After going home and trying to figure out if there was a reason nobody has been providing this service, I concluded that it wasn't because it wouldn't be a great tool to have, but because apparently nobody has yet thought of it. On top of that, there is a pretty solid exit strategy.

I'm not going to tell you exactly what that idea is, in its simplest form, it would be a website that does some of the work for you, faster, more efficiently, and for less money. I guessing if I really went at it, even though I have a pretty restricted schedule right now, that I could have the website coded, and running within a month or so.

I've built websites before and I am familiar with Google Adwords, Facebook ads, etc. But I also know that unless you have a very high daily budget for those methods, it can take a decent amount of time to grow a customer base. I am trying to brain storm a few different approaches to make a lot of people aware of a product's existence, in a very short amount of time, while trying to do it as inexpensively as possible. (Aren't we all) I'm trying to follow a lean startup type approach. I know I can email bloggers in my niche and get them to do an article and push it out to their followers. I asked a marketer I know what sort of tricks they use for stuff like this, and was told about a time they had to come up with a marketing campaign for a new line of men's bath soap. They gathered up a bunch of "very handsome muscular men", covered them in dirt, and stuck them in the middle of times square next to a portable shower with a sign that said "wash me". They had their logo plastered everywhere. It cost them a few thousand dollars but they ended up gaining news coverage with got them a lot of attention. Those are the kind of outside the box ideas that you need. (Although I don't think placing half naked men in New York City would really work for this idea.)

So for my question, I am curious what lesser known ways you guys are aware of to make a splash and get the word out there, in preparation for the launch of your product. Let me hear some ideas. Thanks!
Red flags for me are the words "idea" and "launch".

My first port of call is the Mother Theresa quote in my signature:

"Never worry about numbers. Helps one person at a time, and always start with the person closest to you."

This thread might help:

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.