• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

What Are The Best Altcoins To Look Out For In Cryptocurrencies?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by PetePreneur, Dec 14, 2017.

1. IGP

IGP Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,289
    New to the ICO game... If you wanted to get in on this, you have to be non US resident and know someone? Is that the basic gist of it? Or are these things available to foreigners and just not US citizens?

2. JScott

JScott Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $38,657
    There are a few layers of "ICOs":

1. Private Pre-Sale: These are pre-ICO sales of coins to strategic investors -- people who have some relationship to the company. Location doesn't matter, and typically, the purchase is in the hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars worth of coins.

2. Public Pre-Sale: These are pre-ICO sales of coins to the general public. Typically, the buyer has to purchase a reasonably high minimum amount (20 ETH worth is pretty common), and sometimes the sale is only open to citizens of certain countries (US is sometimes excluded). Oftentimes, buyers have to get on a list and/or qualify to participate in a public pre-sale.

3. ICO: These are the public sale of coins to the general public, typically on a first-come, first-served basis or offered to those who have signed up previously for the sale. In many cases, the sale is only open to citizens of certain countries (US is sometimes excluded).

IGP and PedroG like this.
  3. steelandchrome

steelandchrome Author of The Retail Leader Book. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,726
    Now broke 100k telegram.... this will be a monster when it hits exchanges if the ETH cap is really just 30k

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JScott likes this.
  4. Roli

Roli Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,535
    XEM (NEM), KMD (Zcash fork) and I'm expecting big things from XLM.

I like MANA and Einsteinium and one day Folding Coin could be big.

Of course NEO as well.

5. PetePreneur

PetePreneur Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $793
    Roli likes this.
  6. Roli

Roli Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,535
    Nice one, I just stopped by coz I saw this notification, I will come back and check it out, you seem to know your stuff.

Good to hear a nice Northern voice on here by the way, I'm a Southern softie meself :)

PetePreneur likes this.
  7. PetePreneur

Rep Bank:
    $793
    Cheers, I might have been potentially wrong on Bitcoin though. I didn't look into the Lightning Network and Segwit before this video, so I'm slightly more bullish on that atleast for the short term!

Thanks! I'm actually from the Midlands in Nottingham, so north from you I guess haha.

8. Tthannned

Tthannned PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $1
    They say Cryptonex or CNX one is very promising. In the last 2 months the coin has increased more than 7 times and keep growing. And as a passive income I use thwir pos mining - there’s no need to invest in mining hardware, just buy CNX, transfer it to a wallet and keep online (the reward is 12% annually).
    But, of course, I wouldn't recommend you to put all your eggs in one basket.

9. maverick

maverick Unorthodox Nonconformist Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,505
    This is a common misconception within crypto. You only make or lose money when you sell. If a crypto moves up in value, you haven't "made" money.

I'd recommend any newcomers to the market to actually read whitepapers, vet the management team (e.g. check linkedin/backgrounds etc) and assess whether you believe in the idea and the ability of the team to actually deliver.

Treat it like investments instead of blind speculation.

10. LifeTransformer

LifeTransformer Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $800
  11. PetePreneur

Rep Bank:
    $793
    So just to update everyone on what I'm doing now...

I'm splitting my stack from all in on Nebulas to 1/3 Nebulas, 1/3 Huobi Tokens and 1/3 VeChain.

I think focussing on the B2B based adoption cryptos is a better strategy for the next year or so because that's what it's going to be used for first before the public uses this stuff properly.

Nebulas' incentive programme is getting plenty of dApps on board, but I'm not THAT impressed with the quality if I'm honest. The tech and the team is great though still and they're building connections with lots of influential companies, so hopefully they can get some good ICOs built on it in the next 6 months. They've had 2 major ICOs announced to be made on their platform, so hopefully these will be coming in every week or so once they get going! It's still ranked at #53 though, so undervalued based on it's potential still IMO.

Huobi are ranked at #56, despite being the 4th highest volume exchange for 3 months now behind Coinbase (I presume), Binance and OKEx. They've been in the game for over 5 years and are looking at copying Binance with lots of stuff with moving towards their own blockchain and decentralised exchange for more security, getting into more countries, accepting more FIAT pairings and trying to accept ETFs, so professional traders are encouraged to use them. I think this is a coin that's almost certainly going to get used and hopefully the price will reflect that.

VeChain are already getting lots of top enterprise level partnerships on their supply chain network with BMW and Renault being on board, but they're also launching their own public blockchain to host dApps and ICOs with a focus on real world business solutions. Judging by what sort of deals they've managed to get into for the supply chain side of things, I'm pretty confident they are going to build on that momentum and see heavy adoption from some pretty big partners on their blockchain. They have a 2 coin system that's designed to both give investors good returns and provide a stable value coin that the businesses can use because this is a massive issue businesses currently have with adopting cryptocurrencies. They also have an absolutely huge team involved with this and the founder was the CEO of Louis Vuitton I think, so has plenty of experience in business. I would be very surprised if they don't see lots of adoption because the trust has already been built by which companies have already become partners. On top of this, the blockchain has apparently got to 10k TPS already and lots of other aspects of what they're doing is innovative. They're currently ranked at about #17, which isn't crazy low or anything, but I think we're moving to a stage where people will want results over hype and again, I think these guys can deliver and get into the top 10. Although having said this, these guys have one of the biggest communities around, so creating a buzz about stuff shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway!

powderhound100 likes this.
  12. PetePreneur

Rep Bank:
    $793