• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Atomic Habits by James Clear

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Atomic Habits, by James Clear (Review | Discuss)

What are best fastlane businesses according to you?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Greg26750, Jan 6, 2019.

1. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,477
    You could have easily have just said that you don't know of one

2. jpn

jpn Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,081
    You're missing the point.

What I think @ZF Lee is saying is that you should focus on provding value. Once you're sure that you can provide value, you can think about scaling. You could start as a baker that makes the best "XYZ" its the only thing you do and people come from far to buy it. Then you can create scale by partnering with an industrial bakery with your recipe and brand name and sell it online or in supermarkets to a larger audience. Fastlane is a way of approaching business, not a particular idea.

Also a tip, every word you've written here shows that you only care about making money. I understand it, I like having money too. But thinking like that doesn't help you.

Wrong question: how can I get money?

Right question: how can I provide value to people?

This second question helps you to think from the shoes of those who will be your customers. And the most important thing of any business is a paying customer. Not the idea.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 6:34 AM
  3. Process

Process Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $758
    Look at something simple like washing a car. It is a pain in the a$$ to get it cleaned and dry it off yourself.

Therefore, any kid can go door to door and sell it. They'll do ok as long as they connect their service to the right frustrations. The kid can even do so well they get referrals and repeat business... a nice side hustle.

However, there are companies like Delta Sonic that have streamlined and automated the process. The human employees are easy to train and only guide the cars along the process.

They offer memberships that net them recurring income in exchange for bypassing the frustration of lines. There's also a ton of upsells they make lots of money on like detailing cars. This allows them to make long-term money back from their ad dollars.

Many of their locations even point the exit of the car wash towards the gas pumps so people end up getting their gas, smokes, candy and booze there too.

The whole thing is one simple funnel based on a common pain. They just turned it into a higher end service leveraged by their brand.

Many people refer their friends and family since the service is so convenient.

4. Suzanne Bazemore

Suzanne Bazemore Act until echo. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $772
    I checked that out, @Timmy1990 - how clever to make what is basically a crock pot more portable, and with a car adapter.

Timmy1990 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.