The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are best Business/Skills for Freedom?

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Hey guys just asking for you what are the best business or skills to have for freedom or to make money ?

What do you prefer ? Online business or offline ?

Skills to have like programming ,sales, marketing or trade skills ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
It's all relative. Programming wouldn't be valuable if you were starting a shoe company.

I might prefer online while someone else prefers offline. It doesn't matter.

Figure out what suits you.

Don't like talking to customers? Maybe an ecommerce business would suit you.

Enjoy programming? Maybe a saas would suit you.

And most importantly, be a problem solver. Not a money chaser.

Being a problem solver tops any other skill in entrepreneurship.

Aardvark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
May 16, 2017
England
Hey guys just asking for you what are the best business or skills to have for freedom or to make money ?

What do you prefer ? Online business or offline ?

Skills to have like programming ,sales, marketing or trade skills ?

I spent a few hours getting a grasp on building websites and that seems to have given me a useful skill. I also spent a little time consuming @SinisterLex copy writing threads and feel that I got tons of value out of that.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Sales: being able to articulate and convince a buyer, investor, partner, employee, etc to take on your vision like it's theirs.

Programming: (I recommend Java as a start for a kick in the butt crash course) teaches you how to think logically and easily penetrate roadblocks.

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
3 Most Important Skills

1. Selling
2. Marketing
3. Strategic Thinking

You need all three in any industry.

Then you can branch out and focus on more specific skills, depending on what industry and niche you decide to go in. Read all the Gold and Notable threads too.

Try to get out your comfort zone as much as possible.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Thank you so much guys!! Really good ideas !! :D

So for online business great scalable business models can be: ecommerce, SaaS, software ?

For offline business is to create many companies that scale fast (example McDonalds) ?

Also I'm learning programming and sales with books but I think I need more practice.

mike24601

Consumption Bear
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Don't pay rent on an apartment, collect rent on an apartment. Don't buy a franchise, sell a franchise. Affect millions, make millions. Think like a producer, not a consumer. Push yourself to come up with three good business ideas every day. Understand and utilize scale. Take action. The internet is the main street of the world, and yes, you have the potential to attract huge volumes of people in the right niche, but you can also create a fastlane model offline in brick and mortar business. Whatever you do, you need to be adding value.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Emotional control. Big weakness of mine. Keeping fear and anxiety in check when it's time to make moves. Knowing when to listen to fear and when to disregard it.

Conviction. Belief that you're in the right place at the right time. Way better than motivation. You don't have to be motivated to do something you believe is your duty.

Persuasive skills. The ability to convince someone to believe what you say and take action to get a result.

Everything else is case-by-case.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Also what do you think about affiliate marketing business model? Is it good for scaling and acquire freedom with online business? I just want to create my own freedom

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
Also what do you think about affiliate marketing business model? Is it good for scaling and acquire freedom with online business? I just want to create my own freedom

The affiliate business model is great if you want to learn marketing and don't have your own product....it sure helped me learn about digital marketing in the past but it can be a "waste of time" too. The owner of the product/service will always be richer than you.

As for a Fastlane pursuit, it violates the commandment of control.

Hard truth: You don't own a single % and your earnings can disappear virtually overnight.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
The affiliate business model is great if you want to learn marketing and don't have your own product....it sure helped me learn about digital marketing in the past but it can be a "waste of time" too. The owner of the product/service will always be richer than you.

As for a Fastlane pursuit, it violates the commandment of control.

Hard truth: You don't own a single % and your earnings can disappear virtually overnight.
Thanks but I know affiliate marketing is good for starters.

Also do you think for start learning selling and marketing is it better affiliate marketing or network marketing ?

Also guys do you think a trade job like a plumber or an electrician can help to travel the world ? I mean if you have a good skill you can use it anywhere in the world..

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
Thanks but I know affiliate marketing is good for starters.

Also do you think for start learning selling and marketing is it better affiliate marketing or network marketing ?

Also guys do you think a trade job like a plumber or an electrician can help to travel the world ? I mean if you have a good skill you can use it anywhere in the world..

Learning marketing and to sell is 10x better than any affiliate program or MLM model.

Don't get sucked into network marketing, check out this thread: GOLD - Gullible MLM junkies. SOS

Becoming a plumber or an electrician won't make you rich. Sure, you can earn some nice money. But real wealth? No way.

Have you read TMF ? I'd start there.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
3 Most Important Skills

1. Selling
2. Marketing
3. Strategic Thinking

You need all three in any industry.

Then you can branch out and focus on more specific skills, depending on what industry and niche you decide to go in. Read all the Gold and Notable threads too.

Try to get out your comfort zone as much as possible.

selling and marketing are just strategic thinking anyway

legendary guru Jay Abraham calls himself a business strategist

not a salesman or a marketer.

jay.jpg

the fastlane philosophy itself is a strategy

becoming rich and free now to enjoy life , not in 50 years while on your deathbed

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Learning marketing and to sell is 10x better than any affiliate program or MLM model.

Don't get sucked into network marketing, check out this thread: GOLD - Gullible MLM junkies. SOS

Becoming a plumber or an electrician won't make you rich. Sure, you can earn some nice money. But real wealth? No way.

Have you read TMF ? I'd start there.

Thanks man!! Yep I've read the book!

Just saying if someone earn good money being a plumber ,he can invest his own hard earned money into business (maybe open his plumbing business).

Also between a plumber or a computer programmer, I think it's better to choose programming , can make more money for starters right ?

About network marketing I know about that but there is Grant Cardone who say it's a good way to increase income and he is a professional entrepreneur.

I know no one can get rich from a job, it's not possible.

Basically in terms of money and freedom, from what I've seen from last replies, so best skills to master are: sales, marketing and never give up attitude.

Daniel Newton

New Contributor
Jun 12, 2017
florida
This is an easy one, hands down:

The ability to sell.

If you can sell you can do anything you want and be anyone you want to be in the business world.

Selling however requires a variety of skills which can be simplified into a few things.

• Language (Explaining things simply and concisely. It's easy to make things seem complex, it's much more difficult to explain something in terms anyone can understand.)
  • Perspective (Understanding your customers point of view. Try to put yourself in their shoes so you'll already be prepared for their concerns and address them before they are even mentioned.)
  • Relationship skills (Does the customer believe you actually give a damn about them? Is this reflected by you efforts?)

Note: a customer is anyone you want or need something from. It could be your boss or it could be your mother.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
This is an easy one, hands down:

The ability to sell.

If you can sell you can do anything you want and be anyone you want to be in the business world.

Selling however requires a variety of skills which can be simplified into a few things.

• Language (Explaining things simply and concisely. It's easy to make things seem complex, it's much more difficult to explain something in terms anyone can understand.)
  • Perspective (Understanding your customers point of view. Try to put yourself in their shoes so you'll already be prepared for their concerns and address them before they are even mentioned.)
  • Relationship skills (Does the customer believe you actually give a damn about them? Is this reflected by you efforts?)

Note: a customer is anyone you want or need something from. It could be your boss or it could be your mother.

Thanks. Everybody said ability to sell! And to become best at something is it better to do what you love or follow your passion or just do something without caring much about passion ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.