The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

what are 3 books that you have read multiple times that you plan to keep rereading in the future?

WillHurtDontCare

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
My Three:

Napoleon Hill's Outwitting the Devil

The best self-help book I've ever read. I see most self-help books as useless feel-good garbage that doesn't actually lead to people changing (I consider that putting it nicely). This book touches on concepts that I've come across in deeper philosophy books but brings that up in an easy to understand way. I've listened to the audiobook 5x.

Nassim Taleb's Antifragile

A book on risk taking that is both profound and hilarious. He actually lists an incredible amount of other books & authors who are worth reading. I've listened to the audiobook 4x.

Robert Caro's The Power Broker

A book by a genius about a genius. The book is massive 1300 or so pages (the audiobook is 67 hours long). Caro extensively researches the life of Bob Moses, the New York City Park Commissioner (an unimpressive title, until you see what he does with it) and his journey from starry-eyed idealist to ruthless political pragmatist. The story is incredible, the writing is beautiful, and the research is so thorough. You will learn A LOT about politics and power from this book. Fair warning - I had to take long breaks from this book because a lot of what I read made me very angry. I'm on my second lap through this one and I know that I will read it again and again in the future.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Juke

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 23, 2019
United Kingdom
You can’t teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar by David Sandler

Amazing book about sales, business, psychology and success. I’ve read it twice and plan to read it regularly throughout my life.

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Not a book but a course called Maddix Parenting. Within 6 months, I'm already on my 8th time taking it and I plan on taking it 100 times

The Millionaire Fastlane

Awaken the Giant Within

"Don't fear the man that knows 1,000 kicks. Fear the man that has practiced one kick 1,000 times." - Bruce Lee

MHP368

the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
"The Ultimate Jim Rohn library" on audible ,

they took some highlights from his talks and audiobooks and made it into its own book and its fantastic , its broadly just everything. Business advise , sales , right living , wisdom. Its solid all around and timeless stuff. Jim Rohn was Tony Robbins starting place (tonys first seminar was a rohn event) for those who dont know.

"Do the work" Steven Pressfield

Succinct. Basically hammers on what we call "action faking" in these parts but I've also heard it referred to as "entrepreneurship as a consumable" , what sneaky form did "resistance" take today for you?

"Based on a true story : a memoir"

Norm macdonalds semi fictional memoir. This will do absolutely nothing to further your self development or business interests but it contains the greatest version of "the moth joke" ever renderd. Dont take yourself so seriously.

GoodluckChuck

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Atomic Habits
Unscripted
A Man's Search for Meaning
Principle
10x Rule

There are a lot of books in my library that I read more than once. I prefer to sit with good information multiple times rather than constantly seek new info.

The list above are books I've read/listened to multiple times. Ones I plan on rereading:

Never Split the Difference
12 Rules for Life
Skin in the Game
Awaken the Giant Within (Reference)

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2019
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius

Principals - Ray Dalio

The true believer - Eric Hoffer

The Road Less Stupid - Keith Cunningham

Boom

New Contributor
Summit Attendee
Dec 8, 2011
Oklahoma City
Of course MJ books at least 10x each to reach your potential. Here some to keep you elite.

The Secret Advantage

Finding Ultra

Start with Why

Killing Sacred Cows

Intuitive Eating
If you have kids:

The Whole-Brain Child

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
My Three:

Napoleon Hill's Outwitting the Devil

The best self-help book I've ever read. I see most self-help books as useless feel-good garbage that doesn't actually lead to people changing (I consider that putting it nicely). This book touches on concepts that I've come across in deeper philosophy books but brings that up in an easy to understand way. I've listened to the audiobook 5x.

Nassim Taleb's Antifragile

A book on risk taking that is both profound and hilarious. He actually lists an incredible amount of other books & authors who are worth reading. I've listened to the audiobook 4x.

Robert Caro's The Power Broker

A book by a genius about a genius. The book is massive 1300 or so pages (the audiobook is 67 hours long). Caro extensively researches the life of Bob Moses, the New York City Park Commissioner (an unimpressive title, until you see what he does with it) and his journey from starry-eyed idealist to ruthless political pragmatist. The story is incredible, the writing is beautiful, and the research is so thorough. You will learn A LOT about politics and power from this book. Fair warning - I had to take long breaks from this book because a lot of what I read made me very angry. I'm on my second lap through this one and I know that I will read it again and again in the future.
If you like Caro´s work I highly recommend Lyndon Johnson´s biographies, they are super good. I read the first two and they are mind blowing when it comes to human nature/power dynamics.

Black_Dragon43

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Europe
NONE - no time to read books twice. I'd rather read another NEW book in the hopes of uncovering something that I haven't come across yet that could make a HUGE difference. Hunting after the unknowns will help you more than hunting after the known.

Webmake

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 26, 2018
Belgium, Europe
Apart from TMF, here are three books I re-read every year:

- "On the Shortness of Life" by Seneca, the Greek Stoic philosopher

- "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big" by Dilbert creator Scott Adams

- "Anything You Want" by Derek Sivers, founder of CD Baby and full-time optimist

OP
OP
WillHurtDontCare

WillHurtDontCare

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius

Principals - Ray Dalio

The true believer - Eric Hoffer

The Road Less Stupid - Keith Cunningham
The first 3 are great books. The True Believe especially is one of my favorites - you can learn so much about human behavior from that book. I haven't read The Road Less Stupid yet.

OP
OP
WillHurtDontCare

WillHurtDontCare

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
NONE - no time to read books twice. I'd rather read another NEW book in the hopes of uncovering something that I haven't come across yet that could make a HUGE difference. Hunting after the unknowns will help you more than hunting after the known.
Then you've never read a book worth reading once. There is no such thing as a good book that you're done with. A good book is a wellspring that stimulates ideas, not a storehouse of facts. You can read the same book again and again and keep getting new ideas because you keep seeing that content in new lights.

Black_Dragon43

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 28, 2017
Eastern Europe
Then you've never read a book worth reading once. There is no such thing as a good book that you're done with. A good book is a wellspring that stimulates ideas, not a storehouse of facts. You can read the same book again and again and keep getting new ideas because you keep seeing that content in new lights.
You say you've read Taleb. Then you know about the anti-library no? The library of books you haven't read yet?

You must have. You list Antifragile into your top 3.

OP
OP
WillHurtDontCare

WillHurtDontCare

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
You say you've read Taleb. Then you know about the anti-library no? The library of books you haven't read yet?

You must have. You list Antifragile into your top 3.

Of course. Umberto Ecco's library of 30,000 books.

But you're assuming that turning the final page is the same as wringing the last idea out of a book. They are not the same.

The important thing is not to read a new book, but to understand a new idea.

Reading is a dialogue - you see the author's words & attempt to understand them through your own perspective. Your perspective constantly changes, thus the ideas that you get out of the same book constantly change.

To quote the man himself, "Never read a book you would not reread."

View: https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/843099931279790081?lang=en

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2019
The first 3 are great books. The True Believe especially is one of my favorites - you can learn so much about human behavior from that book. I haven't read The Road Less Stupid yet.
The road less stupid is one of my all time favorite business books.

The true believer is the best book on marketing ive ever read which is ironic since it was never intended as a marketing book.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
“How to be a 3% man” by Corey Wayne
indeed

people think they should own material things and millions in the bank but material things can be stolen or destroyed by revolution, adversity or whatever

while the true assets ( the work you have done on yourself ) are yours forever.

nobody can steal them.
your true assets are skills, attitude, mindset.

the masterminds of this world DO NOT CARE about millions in the bank like people here.

they care about power and control over things and people. they want to become self made gods , not self made milionaires .

they could care less about toilet papers called "money" . ( the american dollar is a fiat currency. this is technicaly toilet paper )

quote : " Fiat money is a currency without intrinsic value that has been established as money, often by government regulation ".

so this is what they study (and this what i study as well because i am not a pawn . i am a mastermind ) :

books on the Tarot and ancient wisdom of secret societies among others

AniM

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 11, 2018
DC
I have a ton of books that I keep rereading, I keep a list of books I want to read 10x. Here's three that I don't think others have mentioned:

1. The Secret To Selling Anything
2. You^2 / The Quantum Leap (two books but related)
3. Obvious Adams

indeed

people think they should own material things and millions in the bank but material things can be stolen or destroyed by revolution, adversity or whatever

while the true assets ( the work you have done on yourself ) are yours forever.

nobody can steal them.
your true assets are skills, attitude, mindset.

the masterminds of this world DO NOT CARE about millions in the bank like people here.

they care about power and control over things and people. they want to become self made gods , not self made milionaires .

they could care less about toilet papers called "money" . ( the american dollar is a fiat currency. this is technicaly toilet paper )

quote : " Fiat money is a currency without intrinsic value that has been established as money, often by government regulation ".

so this is what they study (and this what i study as well because i am not a pawn . i am a mastermind ) :

books on the Tarot and ancient wisdom of secret societies among others

View attachment 28508
I always see your posts on here and I just don't understand your agenda? What are you after always talking about masterminds and illuminati stuff?

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not even disagreeing with you, I hate fiat currency! I just don't understand your posts, they're often cryptic.

I'd love to understand you better.

Also I'd like to hear your 3 books!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I bought 4 of his courses about freelancing / copywriting. I'm halfway through the first. The...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom