The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What about reaching the customers? Isn’t today the reach more important than the product or service?

abandance

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 25, 2019
"Facebook has agreed to buy mobile photo-sharing app Instagram for approximately $1 billion in stock and cash." [fortune.com]

Kevin York Systrom has become a billionaire in 2012. I am born in the same year by the way.

This is the fast lane. I get it. However, Instagram have been bought for such an huge amount not because of technology but because of active users. Facebook purchased the user base first and the technology including the team second.

I totally get the idea that job and freelance is the side walk or slow lane at maximum. Creating Instagram instead of building million followers there is the fast lane.

But what is the key element in reaching the customers? Even the greatest product will die if the creator fails reaching the customers. I have read through forum, and noticed how much focus is on creating a product or service but reaching the customers seems to be secondary for many entrepreneurs. For me it is clear that this is primary. You can even have no product, but if you have a customer base you may monetize.

But how to build a customer base today? Amazon keeps the customer base, direct contact is not allowed. AdWords and Facebook are very risky investments: one can burn money quickly there. And you may completely forget offline ads. Google SEO is long term investment and the game may change quickly.

So what is the general thinking in terms of reaching customers?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.