The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What a crazy 18 months

Daniel.N9098

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 4, 2018
I had a slick sales job for a Fortune500 company. I worked from home approximately 30 hours per week and was making more than enough money to do whatever I wanted and take care of my family. I had time and money. I left that job because my boss was a putz. I joined a startup but left after two months after they mislead me on the compensation plan. I couldn't work for people that I didn't trust. I spent three months a bootstrapped startup but eventually I realized I couldn't be a part of that project long-term.

In the beginning of 2018, I spent 3.5 months networking and looking for a business that I could put some money into to become a partner. Either I didn't hustle hard enough to find the right opportunity or the timing wasn't right. Oh yeah, during this period, I had another child.

I decided to take another job. Except this time, I have work in an office and have lost all of the liberty that I cherished. And my learning curve is steep.

I still want to buy a business or create a side-hustle. I'm not focused and I honestly wonder if I have what it takes to actually be successful. I mean really successful. I've never had to work that hard and I always knew I could find another job or do something else. At 35 years old with two kids, my ability to take risk is diminishing but I know that I can't live my life without trying to actually push myself outside of my comfort zone. I'm rambling... Just having a lousy day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum.

I had a slick sales job
I'm not focused and I honestly wonder if I have what it takes to actually be successful.

Well if you can sell, that's the #1 asset to have.

But yes, focus is near the top as well.

but I know that I can't live my life without trying to actually push myself outside of my comfort zone.

Sorry to hear it, comfort is not a place to find motivation, focus, or urgency. It does the opposite. It advocates status quo.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard Daniel-san!

Sales is one of those "fastlane" slow lanes. If you get in the right organization you can absolutely make bank. You don't really need $100m for freedom. Calculate your monthly expenditures, multiply by 2 and back into the math you would need to get there.

Make that much in sales as quickly as you can, and buy real estate for rental income to meet your monthly target.

Easy, right?

:p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.