The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What’s up guys, I’m new here but this looks like a good place to stay

Tree94

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 15, 2018
So a little about myself;
I’m 24 and own my own tree service. We trim, remove and do stump grinding.
It’s a good business that I’ve built from the ground up with blood, sweat and tears.
Small business, 2 full time employees (1 being myself) and 1 part time guy when needed.

One thing I find myself doing is trying to wear too many hats to save money.
For example I taught myself AdWords, photoshop, taxes, bookkeeping, etc..

Time is our most valuable asset so I ask you, how do you know when to do it yourself, or outsource it to the pros for a fee?

Thanks for any input

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
It’s a good business that I’ve built from the ground up with blood, sweat and tears.
Small business, 2 full time employees (1 being myself) and 1 part time guy when needed.

Time is our most valuable asset so I ask you, how do you know when to do it yourself, or outsource it to the pros for a fee?

Thanks for any input

Welcome to the forum!

First of all well done for building up your business and getting to the point whereby you can hire people, that's a huge hurdle and you've cleared it.

Secondly I'd say it's got to the point already when you should start outsourcing. You understand that time is your most valuable asset and you feel like you're wearing too many hats.

If you're doing adwords right (check out @Andy Black's posts), then you are in a situation whereby you can outsource to a pro and give them your blueprint to perhaps improve upon. Although this depends on your ROIs and your customer acquisition costs.

As far as design is concerned, it depends on how much of your time it is taking up, do you spend a lot of hours doing Photoshop? If so this is relatively cheap and easy to outsource.

Taxes should be outsourced simply because a pro may spot something you don't and end up saving you a lot of money.

Bookkeeping is perhaps one you should keep doing yourself for now, as it is good to know exactly what is going in and out of your business. However at some point, possibly when you have another 5 or 6 employees and contractors, you need to hand it over to someone else.

For me it all comes down to identifying what you need to be doing in your business, then making your decision based on that.

Looking forward to hearing how you develop!
Ultimately you want to be able to hire people to do pretty much everything, a fastlane business is one that doesn't require your continued presence, so I guess that's a long way of saying the way you'll know is by the profits you are generating.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thanks for any input
What would Richard Branson do?

What would @ZCP or @Vigilante do?

(Welcome and thanks for your great intro. Well done on your success so far.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...