The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weekly Progress: What will you get done this week?

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Week Commencing Monday 08-May-23

What needs to happen for you to be happy with progress this week?

Event: Wednesday I get feedback if I get my second term in the project I'm working on.
If I would get a positive reply I will have a great project besides my time in Eindhoven working on start ups.

Process driven: connect with tree new contact via the event of last Friday and see where we can help each other.

----

Back at you @Andy Black

What is one key skill, if improved 1% this week will make you happy with progress this week?
How does this improvement look like? How will you succeed in this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Back at you @Andy Black

What is one key skill, if improved 1% this week will make you happy with progress this week?
How does this improvement look like? How will you succeed in this?
Interesting question. Acquiring skills isn't a goal for me. Getting stuff done is, ideally that helps clients and gets me paid.

I'll be happy with this week if we get a certain $5/day project running again that's been on pause while we rebuild the landing page and leadform.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Week Commencing Monday 08-May-23

I need to put a productized offer for a mrr thing together and have a way to put that offer in front of 500 people.
Then the other thing would be to finally manage to get verified on gmb.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need to put a productized offer for a mrr thing together and have a way to put that offer in front of 500 people.
Then the other thing would be to finally manage to get verified on gmb.
Can you test your offer with a few previous clients and for a few new ones, rather than create an offer you put in front of 500 people?

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
This week I'll be getting a brand approval to resell on Amazon (it has been a loong process) for one of my clients. Finally!

And I'll be making SOPs for the outreach machine I'm working on for my PPC agency (does a 3 man team count as one?)

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
After pleasant meeting and negotiations, client have just cancelled my first 5,000€ website because he no longer has a buyer for his company.

Hugh.

But he spontaneously proposed to pay me for audit, travel, etc... Wich is already nice.

I’ve implicitly decided to earn a little more each month, si I guess what I need this week is to grab my phone and talk to more people about how I can fix their marketing problems hahaha

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Can you test your offer with a few previous clients and for a few new ones, rather than create an offer you put in front of 500 people?
So you mean I call the people I have done business with before and ask them if them are interested in this cooler thing I now offer?

The 500 is also just a number I though of for now and has no specific meaning. I like to set action based goals and for my business the action that leads to progress is putting a offer thats valuable for both sides in front of people that may or may not be interested.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So you mean I call the people I have done business with before and ask them if them are interested in this cooler thing I now offer?

The 500 is also just a number I though of for now and has no specific meaning. I like to set action based goals and for my business the action that leads to progress is putting a offer thats valuable for both sides in front of people that may or may not be interested.
It sounds like your task this week is to speak to past and potential clients and figure out what that offer is?

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019

Speaking with past clients about what they think of your offer, and maybe test that with you (small tests in exchange for a discount) is doable and interesting

The question is what take you more time

I think that at least investigate about what your past clients think about your new offer is advisable

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 15-May-23

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

My knowledge of Javascript is still primitive so I need to more with it to get the hang of it.

Len_1590

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 13, 2023

I've contacted several people I've worked with previously to get information on the move from full time employee to working as a self-employed contractor under my own company doing the same job.
My thoughts are this gives me more control over my time and the jobs I work, and also lays the foundation of having a business entity set up as I focus on finding the many opportunities that are out there to get on the Fastlane.

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019

It's thursday so the week is already advanced but:

- I must launch a FB ad for a tattoo artist friend
- I must audit and remake her website SEO

And I just sold the same SEO delivery for another old client (accountant) so it's very nice.

Not a lot of money overall but it's all done in the purpose of testing Google Ads with them after that, and then grow from there.

I'm currently listening to your radio interviews by the way and it's very uplifting

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm currently listening to your radio interviews by the way and it's very uplifting
Great. I'm glad they're helping.

Not a lot of money overall but it's all done in the purpose of testing Google Ads with them after that, and then grow from there.
I've a few threads showing how I test with very low budgets.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 29-May-23

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands

• Have the next meeting with a potential partner for an appointment-setting company who I met last week. See to what degree I can deliver value for his scaling ambitions. He's been in business for 19 years, lives in Spain, and needs a competent partner in The Netherlands. Looks like a promising project for the next 3-4 years.
Other priorities are in process. So mostly staying happy with the process :)

Question for you @Andy Black :
"What are the current habits that are hindering your business progress?"

Len_1590

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 13, 2023

This week I will
  • get a portfolio project for my web design business (Fox's Web School student). Hopefully through friends/family. If this doesn't materialise I will be posting on my local community Facebook groups (which would be a very new thing for me but a skill I need to build).
  • finish the web design course and use it to improve my prospecting skills from the first point and sales skills thereafter.
Lots of exciting things going on, so prioritisation is going to be key

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
  • Have the next meeting with a potential partner for an appointment-setting company who I met last week. See to what degree I can deliver value for his scaling ambitions. He's been in business for 19 years, lives in Spain, and needs a competent partner in The Netherlands. Looks like a promising project for the next 3-4 years.
Other priorities are in process. So mostly staying happy with the process :)
Good stuff. Yeah, there's always more than just the one thing to get done.

If it doesn't work out with that potential partner then what will you do?

Question for you @Andy Black :
"What are the current habits that are hindering your business progress?"
I'd say going to bed too late and not prioritising exercise is hindering progress. I feel I'm constantly running on fumes.

Something else I'll try from tonight is spending 15 minutes each evening prepping for the next day.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I get to the point where I have something to sell again.
You were doing window cleaning weren't you? Have you stopped doing that now?

What are you thinking of selling now, or what criteria must it pass?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This week I will
  • get a portfolio project for my web design business (Fox's Web School student). Hopefully through friends/family. If this doesn't materialise I will be posting on my local community Facebook groups (which would be a very new thing for me but a skill I need to build).
  • finish the web design course and use it to improve my prospecting skills from the first point and sales skills thereafter.
Lots of exciting things going on, so prioritisation is going to be key
A tip is to ask people if they know anyone who needs help with their website or a new website. That way you're not asking them directly if *they* need a new website, and it gets them to think about who they can refer to you.

Like this:

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
If it doesn't work out with that potential partner then what will you do?

Then I'll drop the project and focus on other projects.
I know with my skills and network I can help him grow his company at least 400% next four years.

The company is already doing okay, but he wants to scale towards a liquidation event in 3/4 years.
In total for me all the ingredients so far to pay attention to and possibly join.

His main needs in a partner are:
  • Somebody based in The Netherlands as the company is here, but he lives in Spain
  • Skills in recruitment (getting the right people on the bus)
  • Commercial executer (which I am), but I have a great sales manager I trained myself for this.
It looks promising, but we'll see.

I'd say going to bed too late and not prioritising exercise is hindering progress. I feel I'm constantly running on fumes.

Something else I'll try from tonight is spending 15 minutes each evening prepping for the next day.

A game-changer for me was setting a 'lock' on my phone and laptop after a certain time.
When the lock emerges I go outside for a walk. Afterwards I 'Cooldown'.
Works like a charm for me.

How will you prioritize exercise more this week?
What is your best moment of the day to exercise?
For example, mine is in this morning, that's why getting out of bed = going outside for running.
In the evening doesn't work for me.

Curious about your progress! :)

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
You were doing window cleaning weren't you? Have you stopped doing that now?

What are you thinking of selling now, or what criteria must it pass?
I stopped window cleaning for several reasons, the main one being that I wasn't really helping anyone.

The criteria my thing must pass is that 1. It solves a problem and 2. I have a way to get it to these people.
I am working with a friend on a neat Ai thing that may help teachers save time.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A game-changer for me was setting a 'lock' on my phone and laptop after a certain time.
When the lock emerges I go outside for a walk. Afterwards I 'Cooldown'.
Works like a charm for me.
I'll set an alarm to down tools at 11pm.

How will you prioritize exercise more this week?
What is your best moment of the day to exercise?
For example, mine is in this morning, that's why getting out of bed = going outside for running.
In the evening doesn't work for me.
I'll block time into my calendar. I used to but my schedule has changed a little bit so removed it.

I prefer exercising straight after the school run and before I eat. The gym is empty then, and it's daylight. I'm also trying to take one of our sons to the gym twice a week, so I'll co-ordinate with that.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I’m working with this great student from the Philippines who offered to help me grow the IG account for the book. Initially he was one of the accounts I approached for promos, and eventually he offered me to help me grow the account for $100/mo instead. He’s coaching me on how to do it (he has several grown accounts). Win win.

So this week and next week I already have my posts planned… hoping that will bring eyes to the book, it won’t be soon but I don’t have money to burn on more ads. At least these $100 are getting me some mentoring/training?
He’s doing calls with me and everything.

I’m still a bit stuck on whether this isn’t getting traction because I need to do the marketing well or because the product sucks. All the feedback I got is positive. I think this was an expectations problem… so to a point I’m proud that I got this far this time, and now the wall Ive got to climb is a new thing, marketing. I have to pull through if I want to get rid of the inventory I bought— at least.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

I need to pass my regents exams so I can pass school. I need to pass school so that I can focus on the business

Jeannairene

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 30, 2023
I'm working on two websites for one client. An old business and a new business. They've put the old website on the back burner while they focus on the new. But that has left me hanging with the old because they won't approve the pages. It's not a matter of bad work. They just aren't making the time to look at the work. My one thing this week is to finish the work on the old one and go ahead and bill them. They are great clients with too much on their plate right now, but I need to clear my own plate so I can make room for more.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.