The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website gaming expertise guidance

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
It has to all be made in house (there's reasons for this I've addressed in a previous thread). It would be so much easier to sell someone else's products, but this is not possible for this particular niche, which is likely why it's not a saturated market. It's a cultural spread that has come to the US that's not exported by the host country. If it will cost 10m to do it, I'll have to look into something else. It doesn't have to be as complex as Zynga, but eventually yes.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I've found what I believe to be a huge gap in a market, am ready to create a website (I've made many in the past), have an instagram account with 20k+ followers in the niche, plan on building up an email list, and for this type of niche social media advertisements and pages should do well for traffic. I plan on starting a FB / Twitter page as well. I use Followliker, and have experience in building up these accounts to help with advertising. It's targeted more for younger men.

There's one major hurdle I need to wrap my head around to overcome. I plan on doing the above and not make a penny. However the end game to turn a profit will be a website filled with web based games. There's an extremely rapidly expanding interest that's gone unnoticed by larger companies that I'd like to fill (only 1 medium sized company has even started going into this market, despite analytics showing the search demand is high). I thought of going to odesk.com and seeing if I could hire someone's time who has expertise in this to understand what would be involved in achieving my end game. I fear it's a large pile of money to hire the required skills in order to pull it off, though I have no clue how much creating a few simple web based games would be (I do have home equity I could tap into if I have to) or how long. I know what I want, but have no idea how to get there and how much money I'd have to burn through to get it.

I can make simple websites, know a 'little bit' of coding but no where near enough to program web based games.

Before going to odesk, I figured I ask here to see if anyone could give some advice.

Ask these guys: General Talk

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
I've found what I believe to be a huge gap in a market, am ready to create a website (I've made many in the past), have an instagram account with 20k+ followers in the niche, plan on building up an email list, and for this type of niche social media advertisements and pages should do well for traffic. I plan on starting a FB / Twitter page as well. I use Followliker, and have experience in building up these accounts to help with advertising. It's targeted more for younger men.

There's one major hurdle I need to wrap my head around to overcome. I plan on doing the above and not make a penny. However the end game to turn a profit will be a website filled with web based games. There's an extremely rapidly expanding interest that's gone unnoticed by larger companies that I'd like to fill (only 1 medium sized company has even started going into this market, despite analytics showing the search demand is high). I thought of going to odesk.com and seeing if I could hire someone's time who has expertise in this to understand what would be involved in achieving my end game. I fear it's a large pile of money to hire the required skills in order to pull it off, though I have no clue how much creating a few simple web based games would be (I do have home equity I could tap into if I have to) or how long. I know what I want, but have no idea how to get there and how much money I'd have to burn through to get it.

I can make simple websites, know a 'little bit' of coding but no where near enough to program web based games.

Before going to odesk, I figured I ask here to see if anyone could give some advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
Umm...I'm not sure I know of any game site where the games are all made in-house. Usually a site will host games made by other people. It's hard for me to imagine a niche in this field that isn't saturated, since there are a good number of game sites with every type of game you can imagine. But assuming you've done your research, good luck. I'd focus on hosting games others have made, since it takes a full studio to make even simple-seeming games that people find fun (e.g. Zynga, who started with $10MM venture capital).

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
It has to all be made in house (there's reasons for this I've addressed in a previous thread). It would be so much easier to sell someone else's products, but this is not possible for this particular niche, which is likely why it's not a saturated market. It's a cultural spread that has come to the US that's not exported by the host country. If it will cost 10m to do it, I'll have to look into something else. It doesn't have to be as complex as Zynga, but eventually yes.
It's always possible to do things cheaper. But yeah, if you have to hire people to make multiple games, it could potentially get pretty expensive. Sorry I can't give more useful advice, since I don't understand what niche we're talking about.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GastonEE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2017
Estonia
There are a lot of web based games out there. How are you gonna attract people with "a few simple" ones?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.