The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web development studio Administration. Help!

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
First of all, if this thread is not in the right forum, excuse me and move to where it should be.

As I explained in the introductions forum, Im about to establish a Web Development / Architectural Visualization Studio with a partner.

He is an architect devoted to 3d visualization and will manage that dep. of the studio, I will handle the web development area.

I could really use some advice here about how to manage the employees. Let me explain:

I have been a freelance developer for some time now and my client list has expanded to a point were I can no longer manage it. I outsourced part of the work with a -very good- programmer from another city in my country, but it was really difficult to keep a schedule at distance, so I partenered with the architect to establish the studio an divide the expenses.

The problem (or doubt) I have is how I should contract the employees. Im thinking about start with only one web designer and one programmer BUT I don't have resources to keep a payroll, so I have a few ideas:

-Propose to another freelancers to work with/for me where we all get clients, I handle all the PR (Im not the best, but pretty good at it) and cash more % since Im supporting the office and everything. The one who gets the job gets as well more % than usual. There would be no employer/employee contract so there would be no wage.

Pros: I dont have to keep a payroll.
Cons: I dont really have much control over the workers and they could easily be unresponsible hurting my brand.

-Propose a minimum wage and a % of every work comes to the company. If one of them brings a client, they get a comission of that particular work.

Pros: I have more control over the employees, and I could get a bigger part of the money of each project since its clear that they work me.
Cons: I have to keep a payroll, if my clients dissapear or go elsewhere I would need to put my employee salary in the company just to keep it running.

So...the office will be completed in about 2 weeks from now. So I dont have to much time to think since my clients are already pushing to see their projects finished.

Anyone here who could give me a hand? I really need one now...

Thanks in advance!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.