The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

We all NEED to eat a slice of humble pie every now and then! Hello everyone and @mjdemarco.

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Hello everyone (including @MJ DeMarco )

my name is Simon, I’m originally from London and have been travelling the globe past 25 years or so creating paintings very successfully with spray paints to music in minutes for tourists & local alike for a few months a year.

In my spare time I’ve created a kids project to empower young minds with a moral compass, good values, and awareness of diversity, that has nearly been picked up by Disney, BBC, and last year had an opportunity with Netflix.

On the surface from afar and even up close my life would appear fabulous,

I WAS WITHOUT REALISING IT,,, A SIDEWALKER JUST ONE PANDEMIC AWAY FROM IMPLOSION!!!

(Having just been banned from the Las Vegas Strip for creating crowds where I relocated just before CV19 the implosion has happened!)

A few weeks ago I saw a series of cool and funny ads for a marketing company on FB - i reached out to them to enquire about their services to help me promote my spray paint art online, booked a phone consultation to hear what they had to offer.
So, Miss X- sales rep rang- we spoke for almost an hour and after hearing the story of my colourful life she said as a good Christian she would feel not feel right recommending I give up the company she worked for $10K a month consultation fees (plus ad spend!) and I should check out the Fast Lane Forum and meet some like-minded people!

So I joined the forum and got myself a copy of Unscripted and LOVED what I heard- I served the elite British Parachute Regiment and MJ reminds me of no-bollocks (that means BS to you Yanks :)) SGT Major who has been there, defeated the enemy and burnt the T-shirt, gives it to you without sugar, but has your BEST interest at heart.
Then I listened to The Fastlane Millionaire and LOVED that too.

So much of what M.J. is talking about, resonates right down to my marrow.

Micros do make Macros, the process is everything (as a wise Yogi said “Practice and ALL is coming”),I personally LOVE the ACT, ASSES, and ADAPT lesson and the chapter on launching a product (which I wish I’d have read when creating my kids' project) is worth the price of the book alone.

BOTH BOOKS = PURE GOLD.

And so much of what I heard woke me the fcuk up, humiliated me, and made me realise how much of a Side-walker I had been and a bit of a Slow-laner too!

I ate a belly-ache full portion of humble pie, again and again, and even for dessert too, then for breakfast and on and on.

But after humiliation, will come realisation, reinvention, hard work, and ultimately through self-awareness - success, I TRUST the process that MJ shares with us. (As we’d say in London - he’s the Guvna or as they say in Jamaica - the Don Gorgon!)

BUT in my defence (as we all have elements of each) I had lived a life of semi-retirement and contentment, made time to study nutrition, yoga (in India early 90s) and anatomy, had bought a home cash years back (gave it to my Mum and an allowance) and had developed a children’s media project that I still believe in it's potential to do global good even though it's never reach fruition- so there are certainly cells of Fastlane in my DNA!

SO I’m humbly here to ask if anyone can help me answer some of the technical questions- I to this day have not found the answers to - to free my ebooks from the Appleshere, keeping their DRM protection, and sell from my own well-marketed website/shopping cart, to crack the code of selling both my children’s ebooks (and my spray-paint artwork so I can not worry about paying my bills- now I am banned from the Strip) and focusing on the kids project)

As many beloved means of income has been taken from, I have no choice but to change, evolve and solve my present situation.

In advance I thank you for any help I get from you, either through direct conversations or indirectly from posts you are in that I read and learn from.

I humbled to be here and have this opportunity to learn, grow, and evolve.

All the best to all who read this with all the good you undertake

Simon J Walton

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Me at Ju's .jpg
    Me at Ju's .jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 10

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Hi Rabby,
your name makes me smile as I have a Scottish mate with the same name who makes me laugh!
I'm new to this entrepreneurial world but let's see if I can adapt and solve some problems that need solving- not quite sure how this will apply to (at first to keep the wolves from the door) selling my artwork online but I KNOW there is a market out there for me and also my kid's project if I manage it intelligently.
I know there is some work ahead- I like good work and also a bit of fun too :))
Quick question if cool; Where do I ask questions in this forum about technical problems and potential barriers I am facing with my kid's projects (Obviously not mentioning the name to promote them and break the rules) with hosting ebooks- outside the Apple bookstore so I can track the data from potential/ customers?
Thanks in advance and
Wishing you well mate.
Simon

I'm removed from the country by 300 years or so, but we've kept enough of the tradition over here that every other son's name is some variation of Robert/Rab/Rabby/Bob/Bobby/Robby/Rob, and we still wave claymores in the air dangerously, drink our Scotch neat, toast to the Duke of Atholl's health, etc., etc.

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Ha. Reminds me of Scottish family gatherings when I was a kid. I was Little Andrew to my dad who was Andrew, even when I got taller than him. Grandad John’s eldest son was John and his eldest was Johnny. You had to refer to people by who their dad was. “Do you mean Peter’s John, or Robert’s John?”.

Welcome to the forum @simplysi
and @Rabby
Hello to both of you(s) :))
I'm originally from a small hamlet in the south of England - a wee place called London- home to my tribe called Cockneys (a quickly disappearing to the counties of Essex and Kent recently!).

I'm 54 and whilst growing up in the 60's/70's and 80's it was rare to interact with people north of Watford unless it was through football and then there was physical interactions involved!!!

We called anyone north of Watford -Northern Monkeys and they called us Southern Fairies :))

The only things I knew about Scottish people was
A: they lived a long way, away
B: they spoke funny, not just when telling jokes!
C: They invaded my home town of Wembley (the national stadium) every two years in tens of thousands with kilts and
D: lastly that each tribe was recognised by it's own tartan- as one of Aunties told me--- you can tell if they are from the McDonalds clan by lifting his kilt and if he has a Big Mac and 2 Quarter Pounders - he's a real McDonald!!!

This ignorance all changed when I joined the British Army's elite Parachute Regiment at 17 and was surrounded by what I knew as Sweaty Socks - that's London Rhyming slang for Jocks- the tribes north of the wall built by Hadrian (not Game Of Thrones :))
Scottish people make up a big percentage of both the Paras and the SAS, defo something in the porridge!
For the record I LOVE porridge or as we say this side of the pond (Andy I'm now a Yank!), oatmeal.

Two of my very best mates are from north of the wall: One Ian, I can understand almost every word he speaks when he is sober about 10% when he's drunk and the other Tommy -hardly anything when he's sober and almost everything when he's drunk - and they are from the same part of Glasgeee - go figure!

Anyways as your replies tickled me and I had a bit of time this arvo, I thought I'd share this with you two

Nice to meet you both and look forward to any future interactions

All the best Simon

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro Simon, much appreciated!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm removed from the country by 300 years or so, but we've kept enough of the tradition over here that every other son's name is some variation of Robert/Rab/Rabby/Bob/Bobby/Robby/Rob, and we still wave claymores in the air dangerously, drink our Scotch neat, toast to the Duke of Atholl's health, etc., etc.
Ha. Reminds me of Scottish family gatherings when I was a kid. I was Little Andrew to my dad who was Andrew, even when I got taller than him. Grandad John’s eldest son was John and his eldest was Johnny. You had to refer to people by who their dad was. “Do you mean Peter’s John, or Robert’s John?”.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
i reached out to them to enquire about their services to help me promote my spray paint art online, booked a phone consultation to hear what they had to offer.
So, Miss X- sales rep rang

Welcome Simon. Great to have you here. I wonder who Miss X is. :rofl:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Hello mate, Mr Razor Cut, (a name close to my head:))

In reply to your question (as I'm working on being a gentleman!)
A gentleman NEVER tells :hilarious:

Simon, I knew who you were talking about as soon as I read your intro. :smile:

Where do I ask questions in this forum about technical problems and potential barriers I am facing with my kid's projects (Obviously not mentioning the name to promote them and break the rules) with hosting ebooks- outside the Apple bookstore so I can track the data from potential/ customers?

The best method is to start a thread with an appropriate title. Then those with the knowledge will see it or someone will point it out to another member more qualified.

WhoDatBoy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 17, 2020
The Netherlands
Hey Simon, welcome! Awesome to have an artist like you on the forum. I've always been amazed by artists who can make something beautiful in a matter of minutes. Creativity is a great skill that should not be underestimated, especially for entrepreneurs.

Did you create that caricature profile picture yourself?

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Hey Simon, welcome! Awesome to have an artist like you on the forum. I've always been amazed by artists who can make something beautiful in a matter of minutes. Creativity is a great skill that should not be underestimated, especially for entrepreneurs.

Did you create that caricature profile picture yourself?
Thanks Jappa,
I feel that creativity like most "talents" gets a lot better with practice and repetition and miraculous breakthroughs just seem to happen the more we practice!
I've not only found this in my artwork, production of my kid's project, golf but in all areas of my life too where I've done the work, realised my mistakes and adjusted.
The caricature was done by a great caricature artist who used to like me work on the Vegas Strip until the authorities changed the law- amazing artist.
All the best
Simon

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
This will be lots of fun. Welcome :)
Hi Rabby,
your name makes me smile as I have a Scottish mate with the same name who makes me laugh!
I'm new to this entrepreneurial world but let's see if I can adapt and solve some problems that need solving- not quite sure how this will apply to (at first to keep the wolves from the door) selling my artwork online but I KNOW there is a market out there for me and also my kid's project if I manage it intelligently.
I know there is some work ahead- I like good work and also a bit of fun too :))
Quick question if cool; Where do I ask questions in this forum about technical problems and potential barriers I am facing with my kid's projects (Obviously not mentioning the name to promote them and break the rules) with hosting ebooks- outside the Apple bookstore so I can track the data from potential/ customers?
Thanks in advance and
Wishing you well mate.
Simon

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Awesome intro Simon, much appreciated!
A very quick question, a head's up, on this thread (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/escaping-the-apple-bookstore-and-more.96861/#post-900444)
I posted in one thread about my spraypaint selling online dilemma and in another thread about the kid’s project.

I have not mentioned the names of the website (art) or the project's name (kid's multi-media project) as I am not here to try and self promote and disrespect anyone else's rules

As I've lived a rather (up til recently!) carefree existence like a wild stallion roaming the plains of Mother Earth and missed the fences of life so to speak, therefore I want it from the horse's mouth (who likes to drives Bulls :)) or did) so I know where to roam respectfully.

For the kid's project, it would be very helpful for those answering and helping me with the problems I'm having on Amazon, to be able to add a link to the iBookstore.

Presenting my ebooks as mere PDFs as they look "flat" compared to the ones in the iBookstore -(where they have a MUCH better reader experience and what I wish - will sell on my new improved website/shopping cart) so it would be great for people to go there where they can view a few pages as a sample and get a feel of what is hard to explain in mere words.

If this is not allowed - I get it and respect it- if not am I allowed to send to anyone who reaches out with a private message so they can see and get to feel the books' user experience on Apple via the sample page link?

Awaiting your reply before I act x

MJ - the unit I served in, has a saying - Adapt, Improvise & Overcome - very similar to your benchmark of wisdom Act, Assess and Adapt which i love too- I will need both of these on my coming mission - as temporarily fallen from grace and NEED to reinvent myself QUICK time.

I've been told by others I have the goods = the markets has spoken to me for 26 around the world _ the streets NEVER lie. (The spraypaint art - I NEED to sell online to get money in)

The schools, parents, and kids I tested the kid's project on all "seem" to like them I just not have to learn how to put all the needed pieces together to make a beautiful puzzle with the solutions parents are looking for or didn't even realise they needed and then get their eyes on their prizes nd when they fall in love with them tell their friends.

Again thanks for having me here, the AMAZING opportunity to be around such accomplished and nice people - keep doing what you do - it's medicine to people's minds mate x

All the very best Simon

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Andy,
quick question, a heads up please mate.
I did reach out to MJ a few days ago asking this (below) and no reply yet - as I realise the world does not revolve around me and that people have other things to do in their life - I thought I'd reach out to you Andy.

I posted in one thread about my spraypaint selling online dilemma.
I have not mentioned the names of the website (art) or the project's name (kid's multi-media project) as I am not here to try and self promote and disrespect anyone else's rules.

For the kid's project, it would be very helpful for those answering and helping me with the problems I'm having on Amazon, to be able to add a link to the iBookstore.

Presenting my ebooks as mere PDFs as they look "flat" compared to the ones in the iBookstore -(where they have a MUCH better reader experience and what I wish - will sell on my new improved website/shopping cart) so it would be great for people to go there where they can view a few pages as a sample and get a feel of what is hard to explain in mere words.

If this is not allowed - I get it and respect it- if not am I allowed to send to anyone who reaches out with a private message so they can see and get to feel the books' user experience on Apple via the sample page link?

Waiting to hear from either you or MJ before I move forward - as don't want to break any rules.

Thanks in advance Simon
Sure. Link to it if it’s to get feedback on it and will help folks in the forum who are trying to help you.

Thanks for asking.

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Welcome Simon. Great to have you here. I wonder who Miss X is. :rofl:
Hello mate, Mr Razor Cut, (a name close to my head:))

In reply to your question (as I'm working on being a gentleman!)
A gentleman NEVER tells :hilarious:

As an artist with very little (successful) entrepreneurial experience, I will have to apply the lesson from ACT, ASSESS & ADAPT from here on in!

Quick question if cool?

Where do I ask questions in this forum about technical problems and potential barriers I am facing with my kid's projects (Obviously not mentioning the name to promote them and break the rules) with hosting ebooks- outside the Apple bookstore so I can track the data from potential/ customers?

All the best
Simon

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas
Simon, I knew who you were talking about as soon as I read your intro. :smile:

The best method is to start a thread with an appropriate title. Then those with the knowledge will see it or someone will point it out to another member more qualified.
Deeply appreciated, thanks.

simplysi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2020
Las Vegas

Hello Andy,
quick question, a heads up please mate.
I did reach out to MJ a few days ago asking this (below) and no reply yet - as I realise the world does not revolve around me and that people have other things to do in their life - I thought I'd reach out to you Andy.

I posted in one thread about my spraypaint selling online dilemma.
I have not mentioned the names of the website (art) or the project's name (kid's multi-media project) as I am not here to try and self promote and disrespect anyone else's rules.

Waiting to hear from either you or MJ before I move forward - as don't want to break any rules.

Thanks in advance Simon

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...