MY ROAD TRIP TO UNSCRIPTED
WHAT IS MY FTE
This is what I consider the most important part of the process since its value (1 or 0) will determine if the TUNEF model will work or if I will be stuck forever in the rat race.
I have actually graduated as an aerospace engineer and I am currently doing my master's in space engineering. So in the eyes of the people, I have done what most people can't do, but don't get intimidated, being an engineer is not more than a constant life of stress. I see my parents work every day, especially my mother, consumed by work all the time (a lot of times she works 24h at the hospital) and I never wanted to have that life. Getting your a$$ patted just to get a paycheck and a happy sleep since after working you are too consumed to do any kind of stuff.
I can't handle the idea of tomorrow going to work where they will exploit me in all the ways to get the company maximum profit in exchange for a 20$/h salary. I would take all the responsibility if something goes wrong (even with the repercussions of going to jail). I would have no control and I would take all the judicial pressure if something goes wrong. I don't want a life of servility just for a nice car and a weekend.
I have always wanted to know what do millionaires do to have that much money. School never taught me how to make a bunch of money and I knew I would not find the answer easily out there (who wants to reveal the principles so that the rest of the people can be millionaires?).
Actually, in the master's, I see people working part-time or even full-time while they do the master's. They don't even have time to go for 45 minutes to swim or to the gym. WTH that is not the life I want. I don't want to go to my house every day consumed, without the chance to spend time with my wife, and my kids, without having control of my life, and probably being limited in my creativity in work because I have to follow the standards. This idea of getting that life won't be out of my head until the point it makes me execute business ideas. I know I will fail and I start now because I want to fail as soon as possible to learn from my mistakes.
MJ opened the door and showed me the path, it is now my time to take action and cross the door. Will you follow my road trip?
MY 1/5/10 Planasy
The first step toward achieving my business goals is to define the goals. That is why following MJ DeMarco's "The great rat race escape " I will write here my monthly goals and I will try to update them as much as I can as months pass by.
- What actions do I need to take in order to get closer to my 10-year goals?
- Save enough money to buy a hosting service (not very urgent since I can start designing the web locally).
- Create a first draft of how the business will work (its features).
- Compare that the business follows the TUNEF model (key ideas of the TUNEF model will be written here for me to remember).
- Keep reading MJ books and take notes for later quick reference when doing my business (that way I can find guidance in some things about my new business).
- Use each moment I can to develop my business.
- What action do I have to stop doing?
- I have to stop making excuses for not doing things (I can always find time for my business, it just depends on how bad you want it).
- Instead of watching TV shows in my free time, I will keep working on my business.
Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.