The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want your website to get you better results and sales for free?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane
Status
Not open for further replies.

deeptib

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 9, 2020
Austin
Hey, I'm an experienced web developer and I'm confident I can can use my skills to get businesses of any kind more customers, sales and all round success.
Right now I'm looking to build a few portfolio websites to prove the value that i can provide.

Companies pay me 6 figures to build their sites, but now a few lucky business will get to work with me for free.

The only thing you pay with is your time, hosting and domain expenses, and a good reference when I get you results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
Right now I'm looking to build a few portfolio websites to prove the value that i can provide.

Companies pay me 6 figures to build their sites

Sorry if I'm wrong but I think that you're full of bullshit on that second one.

You want to prove the value you provide. What is that value.

So you are saying you got paid 6 figures and now all of a sudden you will do all of that for free.
Either you're stupid for thinking that the forum will believe you or you're stupid for doing your work for free.

I would never trust someone who just joined this forum that has no established personality.

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

So you are saying you got paid 6 figures and now all of a sudden you will do all of that for free.
Either you're stupid for thinking that the forum will believe you or you're stupid for doing your work for free.

I would never trust someone who just joined this forum that has no established personality.
Diplomacy at its finest, although all her posts seem to be self promotional in nature.
Companies pay me 6 figures to build their sites, but now a few lucky business will get to work with me for free.
One does wonder why...

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
The struggle is real out here when prospecting! However, you've rather comically underestimated the amount of effort needed to deceive the average fastlaneforum member.

I wish I could go from learning how to prospect on Tuesday to 6 figures by Saturday. Maybe I just don't want it hard enough.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@deeptib

Is the “6 figures“ you mention the salary earned as an employee, and you’re now offering free websites because you’re starting out as a freelancer and want to build your portfolio? That’s what I read from your opening post.

This should probably be a marketplace ad or in the Saturday promotion thread. If you’re to post in either of the above then I suggest clarifying the 6 figures part.

I recommend you treat this as an exercise in marketing and sales.

Maybe check out this thread:
> HOT TOPIC - Andy's Inbound/Sales Braindump

For everyone else who’s replied so far, what advice would you give OP to help convey the value in her offer better?

Let’s see if we can help her write her copy?

Maybe treat this as an exercise in helping a fellow entrepreneur who has technical skills and is figuring out how to get clients?

deeptib

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 9, 2020
Austin
Thanks for the honest feedback everyone! I made a big mistake. I have a lot to learn about marketing and copy writing.

Yea, I'm sorry I accidentally wrote something misleading. I currently get paid 6 figure salary for full time work as a programmer. I taught myself web development, and reached that salary over the course of five years.

Thanks again for your feedback. I am hungry to learn and improve as an entrepreneur.

deeptib

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 9, 2020
Austin
Asking businesses to pay before they have a proven value proposition is something a lot of companies in my field do. That might have something to do with the low customer satisfaction rates in the website industry.

I chose to be an entrepreneur because I believe that the industry can serve customers better. We can deliver value without misleading customers. We can offer a real track record built in honest hard work. Working for free is me putting my money where my mouth is.

deeptib

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 9, 2020
Austin

The value I can confidently provide is my ability to handcode a solid website, one that's secure, robust, editable and accessible. On the front end, the websites I build are responsive, optimized, built with bug free styling, and they are cross browser compatible.

But these are just features. They aren't business results.

Websites need more than good code to get results.

The people I work for repackage my skills with the promise of business results to sell websites.

My goal is to prove that I can grow other people's business on my own, without working for someone.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you want to use the forum to advertise, pay for an ad. Or post in the self-promotion thread.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!