The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Want to get more done?

Anything related to matters of the mind

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
I just finished up a new ToDo list and I am really happy with it.

I can't take credit for it completely - it is based off of a list someone shared on reddit in r/productivity.

Anyways, I know this will help me and I hope it can be useful for some other members of this forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• awesomeToDo.pdf
    404.2 KB · Views: 134

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Looks really good to me - I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the share!

What are Kaizen and Read/30?

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
I started reading everyday awhile back. At first I started trying to do about 30 min. But what works better for me is just trying to read 2 chapters a day and not putting the time element to it. Sometimes its much shorter then 30 min. Sometimes longer, depends on the book. But I go through books at about the same rate regardless. And for my own mind, saying 2 chapters works better then putting a timer on it for some reason. Less distracting to me I guess.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Yep @InLikeFlint , they pretty much covered it.

The Kaizen chart came from a post that MJ did a while back - just killer stuff

You can see that post here

I guess it is a bit redundant as something like "read for 30 minutes" could be on the kaizen chart, but this stuff is always a work in progress.

If your process isn't dynamic, it cant improve. I'm all about continuous improvement. This may be obvious, but I just wanted to add that the lines with lighter grey text are supposed to be written over with something that does the thing written.

Like on the "learn something" line you would actually write something you want to learn today.

I did this because I thrive on this type of thing. I get so much more done when I am clear with what it is I want to do.

If you want to put this thing on steroids, head over to Forever Jobless and grab The Ultimate Goal Hacking Guide. This guide itself will change your life.

Read the post closely and download the PDF, fill it out, and then start plugging this stuff into the ToDo above.

It will change your life. For free. Why are you still even reading this. GO GET IT

Last edited by a moderator:

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Probably should've grasped the concept of Read/30 just based on what it said - for whatever reason I thought it was directly connected with the Kaizen box.

I'm curious what you guys are using for your habit and learn something slots. Could it be as simple as taking a vitamin daily or is it more like wake up 5 hours earlier than I normally do? I grasp the concept, just curious about different options.

+rep for a great share Pickering

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
To me the habit thing is something you want to develop.

Right now for me this is 30 Days of Discipline from Victor Pride - that is why I chose the "30 days" as a benchmark for a habit. So I will run through 30 days of this, and when I hit 30 days (actually, BEFORE) I will ID something else I want to make part of who I am. Maybe flossing EVERY day, or taking a vitamin, or managing the family budget every day (<- that may be it next time around)

Both of your examples work, this is just about making things part of your habit that YOU want to be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.